Discovery Gaming Community
Whiskey Hotel - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Whiskey Hotel (/showthread.php?tid=151882)

Whiskey Hotel - Kaze - 07-15-2017

Room 355, Wilshire Hotel.
Planet Los Angeles, California System

15/07/825AS

Her eyes scanned the array of weaponry and electronic equipment displayed on top of the black blanket over the rooms bed. Kaze Nelson Reidman Dagon checked in, with her own name, but she would not check out in the next hours. Preparation is the key to success, and if the Libertonians needed success in this particular situation, she would deliver it so. More than an obligation, it was a sense of duty that moved her in this. Libertonians were dying in the front lines defending her home and her people. It was for them that she would plunge herself into the dark icy pool of shadows and death.

But not yet. A figure of the past. One that was particularly knowledgeable of her, due to their mishaps and meetings in space while they were on opposing fields. However, he didn't even knew that many times he had met her under other aliases and other pretences. Grabbing the newest KY-14R, courtesy of one of the several contacts that the 404 Agency had, she accessed her plan.

Robert Wilkes, also known as 'Red Rob', the leader of a planet-side smuggling ring, was selling intel to the Gauls, unbeknownst to his own men. The only proofs were the testimony of a dead man and an illegal comm tap, that if it came to light, the negative PR to the Navy and Security Forces would be immense. Arresting him was impossible at the moment and 'retiring' him publicly would cast even a bigger shadow unto the lawful forces. An outsider's touch was needed. And Alan Jones and Avery Reeves knew just who to contact.

Under the pretence of a refresher course of the new BDR-804 systems, Commodore Kaze Nelson Reidman Dagon was invited by the Liberty Navy to participate and bring her own personal expertise into the course. With a debrief in the Yukon, Dagon agreed to the mission parameters and in conjunction with the ESRD and 404, the operation would be executed within the next twenty two hours.

Her hands deftly dissembled the kusarian made blaster rifle, and she resumed her inspection of each individual part. Tea was already warm on the coffee table, right in the middle of the nearby living room. Her wrist pad beeped. Movement in her floor triggered the security measures, and several miniature view screens appeared, detecting the source. She sighed, placing the dissembled part of the rifle on the bed, and walked towards the living room, closing the sliding doors behind her.

Three seconds later, the very much expected double knock came to be.

RE: Whiskey Hotel - Wolfs Ghost - 07-16-2017

Wilshire Hotel. Outside
Planet Los Angeles, California System
15/07/825AS

This is the place. He thought, looking up having climbed out of the taxi. After admiring the sky once more, he stepped off from the curb where the driver had set his old military duffel bags.

"Armed Forces eh? Shame what's happening to your home... what's... about to happen to mine." The Driver questioned with a huff as he sat the bags on the curb. Austin faced the man, smiling softly "That was life times ago, chap. But yeah... if I could go home and help, I would. Sadly... my home was destroyed in the fighting. I'm just... trying to escape my past, I guess." It was a lie, though not entirely falsified. His home was destroyed, but it wasn't due to any fighting that took place, the Gauls have yet to make it into the Cambridge system. That much he was thankful for. He tipped the man handsomely and proceeded to carry his bags towards the building. Once inside, he approached the clerk and took a moment to speak with her about meeting someone in Room 355. He glanced down at his watch, still a few hours before he was suppose to arrive, but that was always a good sign.

Stepping off of the elevator, he proceeded towards the room. A short walk down the hall way he stopped in front of the door that read 355 and placed his bags on the ground gently. He didn't know what to expect behind these doors, and the last time he met anyone at a hotel it ended up in a shoot-out. He drew in a soft breath as he reached under his black jacket, removing his side-arm from it's holster as he checked the hall way for any civilians. He lowered the weapon down towards his leg and proceeded to knock on the door.

One, two, three.
One, two, three.

RE: Whiskey Hotel - Kaze - 07-16-2017

Opening the door, Kaze relied in the shock and awe treatment. Using black clad combat pants, alongside some sturdy military boots and an also black tank top, her biotic right arm was in full view. The sight of where the scar tissue ended and where the metal began normally made those with a softer stomach have a small spasm. Raising an eyebrow at the sidearm, she looked up at Goodman's eyes with an obvious annoyed frown.

"Expecting trouble from an officer of the Armed Forces, Mr. Goodman?" She waved him in and thought why people think they are safe with a gun when your opponent is half metal, half an annoyed woman. The living room was in sight, common yet cozy. The easy going water vapour of the tea pot rose through the air, and silence filled it. A small jacket rested on the top of the sofa, and some mechanical gear filled the remaining space of the coffee table. Peaceful, quiet. But then again, so is a cemetery.

He gave a soft smirk as he holstered his pistol and casually leaned over to grab his bags once more, stepping past her as soon as she had invited him inside. "These are trying times, Dagon. Never know who wants you dead. Besides, this isn't our first rodeo together... we may be on the same side for once but both of us harbor old wounds. I'm honestly not quite sure I can leave old grudges to simply die." He teased upon entering the room and once again setting the bags down on the floor. Although his posture was relaxed his mind was racing as he examined the room noting what was where, the disassembled equipment on the table, and anything else that might be useful to him. Eventually he turned around and looked directly at her. The Colonial-Bretonian war was when they first met, they were engaged in a long drawn out fight in Tau-23, a failed attempt on Bretonia's part to annex the system, hopefully using that to draw the Kusari fleets away from Tau-31 and Leeds.

His cold blue eyes locked with hers, "Seems a lot of people are getting cybernetics attached to them nowadays. Some kind of new trend that the kids are into?" Austin smiled once more before continuing his insult, "Had a buddy in the Armed Forces who took a pretty bad beating when the Derby went down, they touched him up a little bit better than you though." He motioned towards her metallic arm, and was clearly undisturbed by the sight. Both of them were soldiers and both of them have seen enough carnage in their lives to be desensitized to the ways of war. After all, nothing was more disturbing than seeing your best friend being gunned down in front of you, or the screams of the service men and women on board a capital ship as explosions ripped through it's hull.

He sighed softly and broke eye contact with her as he went back to glancing around the room.

RE: Whiskey Hotel - Kaze - 07-16-2017

"Hm." Kaze mused, walking towards the coffee table and pouring two cups of tea. She signalled to Goodman to sit in one of the sofas, and after both cups were filled, she sat and sipped the Keemun Mao Feng tea, savouring the chocolate slight tone in it. Placing the cup down with her bionic hand, she admired it for a second, before turning her gaze towards Goodman.

"This and other parts were the result of a one year round torture, courtesy of Prince Joseph DeFrance. You remember him, I hope." Sitting comfortably, she activated her wrist-pad holo and the Armed Forces file on Goodman appeared. "However, I did not went for looks when solutions were presented to me when I broke free. No. I went for efficiency, precision, solidity and power." Her eyes rose up to eye Goodman for a second, returning to read the file.

"My body is a tool. Always was. Even when you thought you were fighting a Bretonian enemy in the middle of the Taus." Her eyebrow rose when a small note crossed her eyes. "Yet, we are not here to talk about me. We are here to talk about you and Bretonia, correct?" The wrist pad shut down and she picked up her tea cup once again. No cream, no sugar, no milk. Simple. Black.

"The mad Prince himself. Had children executed on national television - streamed in Sirius as well. Yeah, met the bastard on Leeds during the ground invasion. Last I heard he was apparently killed in action." Austin mused, a small smirk crossing his face as he sat down on the sofa across from her, placing his elbows on his knees as he leaned forwards. "He's not dead. In fact, he should be in Bretonian hands last I remember. Depends on if O'Brian decided to do anything with him or not."

He gazed at the tea she had offered him and decided against her hospitality. He remained quiet for a moment as he leaned back into the sofa, keeping his gaze on the hot tea and the steam that was rising from it. "I thought about that on my way here." He paused, beginning to bite on his bottom lip as he processed his thoughts. "If I'm being honest with you. I just want this war over with as quickly as possible, I know we all do. There has been enough suffering for our people through the years. My fame and glory days have been over with since Kusari's fleet was decimated in the Taus. I've tried what I could without any help from the government and our allies. Hell, I have a Commodore of the Armed Forces listening to me right now, and I'm sure you were expecting me to offer my services for a ship, or money."

He shook his head, laughing softly. "Of course requesting either of those things would be nice." His tone and expression shifted calmly as he finally fixed his gaze on her as she sipped her tea. "I have nothing to demand. I'm merely here to help you, and if whatever happens is helpful to me in the end, I'm satisfied."

RE: Whiskey Hotel - Arbs - 07-17-2017

Placing the cup once again on the coffee table, Kaze opened her mouth to talk, but was cut down by a beep coming from her wrist-pad. Once again, several miniature view screens popped up. She looked at them and looked back at Goodman. "You were early, so do behave for the next few minutes." She spoke as she rose from her single seater sofa.

Walking towards the main door, she opened it and the figure of Fleet Admiral Alan Jones came into view, knuckles raised, ready to knock on the door. "Fleet Admiral." She moved to the side, holding the door and inviting him in.

"Dagon." He nodded, walking in, dressed in his service blues, with his cap under his arm. He looked at the sitting Goodman and looked back at Kaze. "A friend. It is alright." Jones walked towards him, and offered his hand in greetings. Goodman shook it. "Fleet Admiral Alan Jones." Goodman replied.
"Austin Goodman."

Jones turned back and delivered a small data-disk to Kaze. "ESRD has a fix on the target. From what we know, the 404 has already started with the distractions planet-side, which means he's on his way to his safe-house." Jones briefly paused while kaze picked up the data disk. "You have approximately three hours until he reaches it. The Durango battlegroup was deployed to California earlier this month, so we have everything coming in and out of the planet in check." Straightening his uniform on the right arm, he continued. "It's all yours now, Kaze. Do not fail." Kaze nodded, placing the data-disk in her pocket.

"Have I ever?" She asked, implying the response already. "Good." Jones nodded and Kaze opened the door. He stopped midway and looked at her. "Almost forgot. Tomorrow, oh-seven-hudred. BDR training. Don't forget." "Of course. Safe winds, Fleet Admiral." She replied as he resumed his departure. "Likewise. Good luck." He said, closing the door behind him.

Her feet brought her once again to her sofa, and she sat, picking up her tea and sipping it once again. Comfortably laying back in the sofa, she looked at Goodman. "Terribly sorry for this, but you did arrived sooner than expected. Where were we?"

RE: Whiskey Hotel - Wolfs Ghost - 07-19-2017

Austin leaned back in the sofa, observing the brief conversation and remaining quiet during the entire duration. There was a point in time where his name meant something to both Liberty and Bretonia, and apparently that time has came and went. Of course, he was also curious as to where he knew that name from, he probably ran across the Fleet Admiral in his younger days of being with the Liberty Navy, though he wasn't entirely sure. Though he was slightly shocked that Admiral Hale wasn't in the Navy anymore, and pondered if his friend, Rachel Baker - was still serving aboard the Durango itself. A lot has changed since he went dark, and he was satisfied with that.

As soon as the Admiral left the room and the door closed behind him, Austin turned his focus back towards Kaze as she spoke, and when she was finished he slowly and sarcastically clapped his hands. "A Fleet Admiral in your back pocket, as well as a super secret assassination mission of some poor sap here planetside. The Navy flyboys must be getting desperate if they can't spare the troops, or get those corporate thugs in the LPI to do the dirty work." He grinned, interlocking his fingers together as he leaned forwards. [color=#B22222]"You got a mission here, and it definitely sounds like something related to the war if a Bretonian Commodore is involved. Mind filling a chap like myself in? I'm sure you'll be executing the mission alone, so it probably wouldn't hurt to have someone to watch your back, and if I die or the mission goes terribly wrong, you have a scapegoat."