Discovery Gaming Community
[LN] Liberty Navy First Fleet Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Liberty (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+----- Forum: [LN] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=715)
+----- Thread: [LN] Liberty Navy First Fleet Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=15207)

Liberty Navy recruitment - Enrico - 07-15-2010

*incoming Datafile*
Apllication James Bradsen Code: Alpha 12-63 Delta 121
Discovery Forum Name:Captain Nagala
Name: James_Bradsen
S.K.Y.P.E designation(//username): delta_403

Height:190cm
Weight:74kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color:Green

Planet/Station of Origin: Manhattan

Background Information: My birthplace is planet Manhattan.
My whole family serves or has served in the Liberty Navy and after finishing school, i went to West Point Academy.
I completed my training at west point and I am currently an officer of the naval reserve forces
I want to join the primary fleet to fulfill the determination of our family: guard the blessed State of Liberty against all people who will harm it.

Basic Personality Traits:sly, impassive, doesn't impeach orders from Superiors

Ship Class: Very Heavy Fighter

Other:Gunboat/Trader

For how long have you been playing on Discovery?
I played Discovery about one month.
What made you come play on Discovery?
A friend of mine showed me the mod and i found it very interesting, so I wanted to play it, too.
What other characters do you have on the Discovery server?
A Liberty Gunboat, A Liberty Trader and a Kusari trader

What OOC reason do you have for joining the LN?
I want to join the grand LN to guard my home country against hostile forces out- and inside of Liberty.

*End of Datatransmission*

Liberty Navy recruitment - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 07-16-2010

---Removed---

Liberty Navy recruitment - Darkstar One - 07-18-2010

na never mind

Liberty Navy recruitment - Contaan - 07-18-2010

--Incomming Transmission--
--Message Encrypted--
--Message Decrypted--

Sender: Admiral Galen Anderson

Greetings, pilots.

Recruit Damian Jones

Your application has been accepted. Please outfit your Executioner class vessel, using our naming convention [LN]-Firstname.Lastname. You will also be required to acquire the proper Liberty Navy Guard IFF and ID transponders. After a trial of 8 hours of flight in those, and with the transponders set, you will be promoted to Ensign, and join the real ranks of the Navy.

Any issues, concerns or questions, please feel free to leave a message at my private messaging (PM) frequency.

The rest of you, I'm afraid to report that your applications have been turned down, due to some flaws in your background records, and the theory tests. You may not apply again anytime soon.

Signed,

Admiral Galen Anderson

--End Transmission--

Liberty Navy recruitment - LONGBOW - 07-19-2010

' Wrote:
[Image: Navy11copy.png]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Welcome to the Liberty Navy recruitment page. [color=#99FF99]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[color=#FFFFFF]If you were redirected here by accident, please click the "[color=#FFFF66]BACK" button.
[color=#FFFFFF]If you would like to find out more about the Liberty Navy, please click the banner on the top of this page.
[color=#FFFFFF]If you would like to join the Liberty Navy, please listen to the following transmission.

Transmission begins...
Greetings ladies and gentlemen, this is Admiral David Hale.

You are here and listening to this transmission in hopes of finding out if you have what it takes to be the best.
The Liberty Navy is a proud institution and I would like to say right away that not everyone has the aptitude, will, or determination to make it through our recruitment and training process.

First off, I know none of you would be here were it not for a desire to serve your country.
That is admirable in its own right, and you deserve a degree of respect for that alone.

I'm not going to beat about the bush here, or tell you that your future career in the Liberty Navy will be all waterskiing and adventure. It won't.
You will be up against some of the most vicious criminals and pirates in Sirius.
They will give no quarter and won't hesistate to pull the trigger if they see you looking vulnerable.
That being said however, it is an extremely rewarding life.

If my words didn't scare you off, then you may proceed to answer the questions below.

That is all.
For now.

[color=#FFFF66]End of transmission.

[color=#FFFF66]Part [color=#FFCC66]I: Rules-related questions.
1) [LN]-Ryan.MacTavish gets shot down in combat by XA-Copperhead in Ontario.
[LN]-Ryan.MacTavish then undocks in Colorado to find [LN]-David.Hale fighting XA-Copperhead.

May [LN]-Ryan.MacTavish engage XA-Copperhead?

2) In the same scenario, [LN]-Ryan.MacTavish decides to pass [LN]-David.Hale Nanobots and Shieldbatteries as he moves on to California to engage some pirates who are passing through the area.
May [LN]-Ryan.MacTavish pass Nanobots and Shieldbatteries to [LN]-David.Hale?

3) [LN]-John.Talon finds himself in a sticky situation and lights up his Cruise Engines to escape the fight.
However, [LN]-David.Hale has been left behind, unable to escape, and is looking certain death in the face.

May [LN]-John.Talon return to grant aid?

4) In the same scenario, may [LN]-John.Talon fly back to pass Nanobots and Shieldbatteries to [LN]-David.Hale?

5) XA-Copperhead is pursuing [LN]-John.Talon, who is escaping using Thrusters.
XA-Cobra, in XA-Copperhead's group, lights up his Cruise Engines to catch up to [LN]-John.Talon.

Did XA-Cobra just commit a rule violation?

6) [LN]-William.Darkmoor is pursuing LR-Hopeless.Romantic, who is attempting to light up his Cruise Engines.
[LN]-David.Hale manages to disrupt LR-Hopeless.Romantic's Cruise Engines, but not before [LN]-William.Darkmoor has engaged his own.
In anticipation of pursuit, [LN]-William.Darkmoor leaves his Cruise Engines on long enough to drop on top of LR-Hopeless.Romantic.

Has [LN]-William.Darkmoor committed a rule violation?

7) [LN]-Valence.Harper is in a bit of a tight spot and lights up his Cruise Engines.
Said engines are hastily disrupted by the following posse of nasty fellows.

Can [LN]-Valence.Harper turn around and engage them at this point?

8) [LN]-Zachary.Ryans falls in battle to Prospector, and since the rules say he has to park his ship for a while, he loads up his independent Rogue Gunboat and hunts down Prospector for revenge.
Has [LN]-Zachary.Ryans committed a rule violation?

9) [LN]-David.Hale destroys an independent Rogue for camping manhattan and farming NPC Navy pilots, then goes about his business.
When [LN]-David.Hale gets to California ten minutes later, he gets dropped out of the tradelane by the same Rogue and destroys him again.

Has [LN]-David.Hale commited a rule violation?

10) Instead of winning in the above example, [LN]-David.Hale gets destroyed by the independent Rogue. Since he can't stay in new york, he goes to California to get some peace and quiet.
About 10 minutes in, the same Rogue drops him out of the tradelane and destroys him.

Has [LN]-David.Hale commited a rule violation?

11) [LN]-John.Talon, in a very odd set of circumstances, engages and destroys Keepers.Harbinger.
In the wreckage, he finds a pair of Type 1 Nomad Lasers. When he sees that they are superior to his Vengeances, he mounts them on his ship.

Has [LN]-John.Talon commited a rule violation?

12) You have just finished receiving your starting funds from the Liberty Navy bank and you've been sent back to Manhattan. You are above level 40.
What is the first thing you do?

13) Do you ever fire upon a vessel with a Civilian ID?

14) Before engaging a target, what do you have to do?

[color=#FFFF66]Part [color=#FFCC66]II: Liberty-related questions.
1) Name the four members of the Admiralty. (Forum name, character name and rank.)
2) What is our current diplomatic status with Bretonia?
3) What is our current diplomatic status with Kusari?
4) What is our current diplomatic status with Rheinland?
5) What weapons are acceptable for use by a recruit in the Liberty Navy?
6) How would you deal with a foreign (non-Liberty) Battleship floating in Liberty space?
7) Are people allowed to carry Nomad-related equipment in Liberty?
8) We currently operate a trade embargo with another house. Explain what this means.
9) List five items we consider contraband.

[color=#FFFF66]Part [color=#FFCC66]III: Biography.
All applicants are to submit a biography here.
This must provide us with enough information for us to make the decision of whether you fit in the Liberty Navy, or not.
Required information is as follows:

Your Name, Age, Birthplace, Gender, Height, Weight, Relatives, Previous Fields of Work, Experience, Timezone, [color=#33FF33]S-KYP3 Communication Details and a short summary of yourself and your life.
Remember to also mention the reasons for you wanting to become a part of the Liberty Navy.

We will contact you if we believe your application to be a little short on information.
Note: Being able to use the S-KYP3 Communications Network is mandatory after being accepted into the Liberty Navy.
If you do not posess the program, you may update your Neural-Net Interface with it HERE.

Part [color=#FFCC66]IV: Additional information.
You will start in the Liberty Navy as a Recruit with a fully outfitted Executioner Heavy Fighter.
While this may not be the most up-to-date of the Navy's Fighters, having you fly it is a good way for us to gauge your responsibility and aptitiude for the job.
After approximately eight hours in the cockpit we will move you up to a Guardian or Avenger Very Heavy Fighter.

Important note: Do NOT transmit your answers to the questions above over this channel. Send them directly to [color=#FFFFFF]Vice Admiral Galen Anderson via a Private Message.

// Only post your characters' biography here. Send the answers to the questions to CONTAAN via PM.

Liberty Navy recruitment - LONGBOW - 07-19-2010

Signal Confirmed

TRANSMISSION START

<<<Liberty Navy Personnel Dossier>>>

Name: Dante Villiers
Height: 5 11
Weight: 180 lbs.
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5h)
S-KYP3 callsign: coltkirkpatrick

I, Dante Villiers, was born on planet Los Angeles to Mathius and Excella Villiers in the Harbor District Hospital in San Francisco County in 799 A.S. I lived out my early childhood in my familys house, exploring the neighborhood, and visiting some of the older farms. My father worked as a freelance trader, and my mother worked in the Synth Foods plant until I was born. Both of my parents refused to leave the Planet Los Angeles despite the tough times and the food shortage, and although times had improved by the time I was born, they never let me forget the lessons of hard work and determination that had helped them ride out the famine. I was adventurous as a child, and at seven years old, I learned how to scuba dive and my best friend, Joshua Canton and I would often spend our spare time exploring the massive oceans that cover Los Angeles along. My little brother, Ishmael, was born shortly after my 8th birthday and, appearances to the contrary, we got along very well together and he was often included in our dive trips. The three of us became very close and we would sometimes sneak out while our parents were vacationing and borrow the family starflier. I always drove, because I was the best pilot of the three of us, and we would sit by the tradelanes and watch as the gigantic transports came by and, on rare occasions, the spectacular starfights between the police and the various bandits that were foolish enough to combat them. We often talked about what we would do and who we would be while we watched, although such conversations were kept among the three of us. Ishmael wanted to be a trader like my father, as he always loved watching the mastodons fly in and out of California space. Joshua would often rebuke my brother for his love of the huge ships, saying that he could not stand to look at them. Joshua had always been fascinated with the idea of joining the navy, ever since he had seen the golden angels perform above Manhattan (or so he told us). It was his enrapturing narratives that first sparked my interest in the navy, although I considered it only a passing whim at the time. I always admired Josh though, who was better than me in nearly every regard. He was an excellent student, an award winning athlete, and exceedingly friendly. And so, when he begged me to go to West Point with him, I just couldnt say no. I soon regretted my decision, as I was a poor student and was consistently reprimanded by my officers and instructors for my lack of motivation and discipline. By the end of my second year I had every intention of dropping out of West Point and finding some new line of work, but that changed when Josh died. In the summer of my second year at West Point, my best friend was killed while traveling to Los Angeles to visit his family. The authorities never learned who attacked the trade line and no one was ever charged. It never mattered to me who attacked the trade lane, only that someone had, and that it had cost me the greatest friend I have ever known. The man that I had grown up with, gone flying with, gone to school with, who was better than anyone else and yet only dreamed of helping others was gone. It was then that I devoted myself to fulfilling the role he should have played, as nothing else could come close to sufficiently honoring his memory. Throughout the rest of my time at the academy I was the most motivated, diligent, and hardworking cadet anyone knew. I am now nearing graduation, and seek acceptance into the Liberty Navy in order to better serve and protect people like Josh. I urge you to consider my request carefully and eagerly await assignment.

TRANSMISSION END

Signal lost

Liberty Navy recruitment - themasterelite - 07-20-2010

Leo Travis
Birthplace: California Minor
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 192 lbs.
Relatives: Allen Travis (father), Melissa Travis (mother), Lauren Travis (sister), Karen Travis (sister), Edward Travis (uncle).

Previous Fields of Work: Heavy Lifter operator for Charlotte and Vern's Lifting Company [recently filed for bankruptcy]; Financial Consultant for Preston Academy [laid off due to funding cuts];

Experience: I'm not a wonderful pilot, but there's nothing stopping me from becoming one. I know the basics of how Liberty and Bretonian ships work, and I've learned a good bit from my job at Preston. Granted, the former is more useful for me in the Navy than the latter, which is hardly useful at all, but y'know, not all experience you get is all that useful.

Timezone: [GMT -5:00]
S-KYP3: themasterelite

Well what can I say? Born on Cali Minor. Relatively uneventful life. Not all of us are meant to have the adventure you tend to hear about from the various wayfarers that come through these parts. Got a basic education, got a job as a Heavy Lifter operator, where I did nothin' but ship Oxygen and Water from the planet to neighboring stations all week. Boring work I assure you, wouldn't recommend it; don't pay well either. Sadly it seems the company wasn't doing too well and sort of fell apart. After that I got a job at Preston Academy as a Financial Consultant since I did so well at handlin' money for ol' Vern. Sadly the war with Rheinland did a number on the Academy's funding and I got a note on my desk one day telling me it was no longer my office.

Well during my time as a Lifter operator I got to see you boys plenty in action. Even got to speak to Hale himself once. He told me that should I ever come around to it, there was plenty of work to be done for the Navy and, well, here I am...

I can only hope it ain't no desk job I'll be gettin'.

Liberty Navy recruitment - OsoRojo - 07-20-2010

To: Liberty Navy Recruiting Office

Re: Enlistment

Per enlistment requirments, I shall list my vitals to help your process determine my eligibility to serve Liberty. I hale from the Texas system, which, at present, has become the latest battlefield for the hated facists Krauts. For sometime, I have watched from the surface of Houston as many brave Libertarians fight to keep these sourkraut breathing facists from entering my home's gravity well. I feel ill standing by the wayside and offer my labour, and honor, to the Liberty Navy to do my fair share in removing this taint from our systems. I have just completed my undergraduate degree in particle studies at the University of Texas, Houston, 3.541 GPA. Needless to say, I am biting at the bit to continue my education at the side of the Liberty Navy. Overall, I am 6 feet tall, 220 lbs, 25 years old, and a confirmed man, which certain ladies at many Honky-Tonks outside Houston central can attest to in detail.

My relatives....well lets just say my family tree has a large variety of characters. I do not wish to use their names for special treatment in any form, and only wish my career within the Liberty Navy to progress due to my merits. However, form dictates my listing some of them so, here we go: My father is OsoRojo and my mother is Kate Nuber. Fortunately, and sadly, I am an only child.

(OOC: My skype username is RojoOso, time zone is GMT -6)

Liberty Navy recruitment - Contaan - 07-22-2010

--Incomming Transmission--
--Message Encrypted--
--Message Decrypted--

Sender: Admiral Galen Anderson

Greetings, pilots.

Recruits Dante Villiers, Leo Travis, and RedBear

Your applications have been accepted. Please outfit your Executioner class vessels, using our naming convention [LN]-Firstname.Lastname. You will also be required to acquire the proper Liberty Navy Guard IFF and ID transponders. After a trial of 8 hours of flight in those, and with the transponders set, you will be promoted to Ensigns, and join the real ranks of the Navy.

Any issues, concerns or questions, please feel free to leave a message at my private messaging (PM) frequency.

The rest of you, I'm afraid to report that your applications have been turned down, due to some flaws in your background records, and the theory tests. You may not apply again anytime soon.

Signed,

Admiral Galen Anderson

--End Transmission--

Liberty Navy recruitment - Crimsonblod - 07-28-2010

Name: Chris Speights
Birthplace:Planet Manhatten, New York
Height:6'3"
Weight:190
Timezone: Mountain Time
S-KYP3: Crimsonblod

Chris was born in what used to be one of the high class families on planet. One day, his father just packed up and left. Rumors of scandal taunted him for years. He spent the remainder of his youth living in the poverty stricken slums of Planet Manhatten as his mother frugally slaved over every last credit. One day, with not but a photo in his pocket, and the clothes on his back, he set out to find his place in his world. Soon finding a job at a local coorperate office, he pushed papers day in and day out, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Barely breaking the black line, he struggled for the next two years. One day, a light fighter patrol bound for the Alaska system was diverted to New York, in serious need of repair. Hearing firsthand accounts from the pilots, changed him. The next morning, he packed up his bags, quit his job, and two weeks later he was bound for Basic Training. He hears rumors of his father in the Burgandy System, but they've stopped concerning him. One day, his father will rumors of an anonymous pilot, defending the small traders, helping make Liberty go round.