Discovery Gaming Community
Pirate ID (WITHDRAWN IDEA) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Pirate ID (WITHDRAWN IDEA) (/showthread.php?tid=152194)

Pages: 1 2

Pirate ID (WITHDRAWN IDEA) - Toris (Old Account) - 07-25-2017

Withdrawn

Pirate ID
A Line Change Request.

Current lines Wrote:- Can defend itself and ships of the same affiliation
- Can demand Credits or Cargo from Freighters, Transports and Liners in House space and attack them if they do not comply
- Can pirate any ships outside of House Space (Bold and Italic) and attack them if they do not comply
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Proposed change Wrote:- Can defend itself and ships of the same affiliation
- Can demand Credits or Cargo from all ships, except for Police, Military and Intel, inside House space and attack them if they do not comply
- Can pirate any ships outside of House Space (Bold and Italic) and attack them if they do not comply
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo, except for the Pirate Train.

Reasoning behind the proposal:

To avoid situation in which corporate ID or Freelancer ID snub (or gunboat) would be sitting next to the pirate on purpose, knowing that player cannot pirate or even punish such a player according to the ID rules. It can be abused to track the player down and have his ship destroyed by grouped/talked to Bounty Hunters or local authorities, hence the change request.

Signed,
Toris

RE: Pirate ID (A Line Change Request) - Techpriest - 07-26-2017

Except it was removed because pirates were using it as a watered down version of a terrorist ID(2mil or die to a snub) and now you want it reinstated because a corporate snub and freelancer snub is "stalking" someone on purpose for whatever reason.

If that becomes an issue, tell them to back off or you'll shoot in self-defense.

RE: Pirate ID (A Line Change Request) - Docent - 07-26-2017

(07-26-2017, 12:14 AM)Techpriest Wrote: If that becomes an issue, tell them to back off or you'll shoot in self-defense.

Aye, I suppose it would be treated as RP consequence rulewise. It's only logical to dust the bastard sitting on your tail and reporting the police about your whereabouts.

RE: Pirate ID (A Line Change Request) - Goliath - 07-26-2017

Erm. You are missing something. Pirate ID is supposed to pirate in House space. But. What if I choose to have a Navy Bison? Hmmmm? That means a Pirate IDed player can't pirate me at all.

I do only suggest that Pirate ID can engage its enemies(police, House Military and Corporations at least)

RE: Pirate ID (A Line Change Request) - Kauket - 07-26-2017

(07-26-2017, 07:23 AM)=Sharky= Wrote: What if I choose to have a Navy Bison? Hmmmm? That means a Pirate IDed player can't pirate me at all.

Quote:- Can demand Credits or Cargo from Freighters, Transports and Liners in House space and attack them if they do not comply

(07-26-2017, 07:27 AM)Auzari Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 07:23 AM)=Sharky= Wrote: What if I choose to have a Navy Bison? Hmmmm? That means a Pirate IDed player can't pirate me at all.

Quote:- Can demand Credits or Cargo from Freighters, Transports and Liners in House space and attack them if they do not comply

@"Auzari" ....after his change proposal...where Pirate ID would not be able to pirate Police/House Military ships (of any kind)

RE: Pirate ID (A Line Change Request) - Kauket - 07-26-2017

Oh right this is one of those, the ID is currently fine as it is, it doesn't need to be a pseudo-terrorist ID again.

If you want, be FR5ed by all 4 Houses, and Gallia, and you can get a Terrorist ID. Big Grin

If that would actually work Big Grin

RE: Pirate ID (A Line Change Request) - Epo - 07-26-2017

I'm actually for since we merely see any pirate activity in Sirius. The only pirates I see are Hessians, but it's explained by @Weskers propaganda policy.

So, either some ID boost or NPC convoys with credit cards are needed to make piracy appealing again

RE: Pirate ID (A Line Change Request) - Diana.Daymarova - 07-26-2017

The ID is okay as it currently is. It is a shame that people find freelancers sitting next to them, seeing them harmless. It doesn't really make a roleplay sense. About the stalking, why not? I mean, it does make a RP sense, but the stalker should not act as if you were unarmed and should consider you as someone, who can put an end to him.