Discovery Gaming Community
To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Sherry Aguilar - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Sherry Aguilar (/showthread.php?tid=152532)

To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Sherry Aguilar - Sombs - 08-06-2017

[Image: 04_by_rhulaner-da2sxcj.gif]

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING SECURED AUDIO FEED]:::
:::[AUDIO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Sherry Aguilar
Subject: Status
ENCRYPTION: [Image: encryp_by_rhulaner-da2t4d9.gif]

Hello, Miss von Westefeld,

I am Sherry Aguilar, second-in-command of the Apahanta. I believe we never got to talk to each other so far. Since the Captain is currently in a bad shape, I don't know whether he informed you about the latest accident on the Apahanta.

We were doing a test run of the Apahanta's modified cloaking device, about the energy diversion from cloaking device to weapon systems. We don't know yet what exactly went wrong, but for some reason we lost control over the AI which handles the new power grid and the cloaking device, which resulted in the overheating of systems and energy relais. Long story short, the Apahanta will take weeks before we can use it again.

Captain Vertiga was in the engine room during the test run, in the center of the trouble. When he realized we lost the control over the ship, he ordered his crew to evacuate the ship. He himself however didn't. The Captain remained in the engine room after sealing it from within and tried to prevent a catastrophe by powering down the overheating energy core manually. By doing so, both his hands and his right shoulder got heavy second degree burns, almost third degree at his hands.

Doctor Adrianna Carr is currently treating him, replacing the burned skin with synthetic skin transplants, similar to the one used to cover his plasma burn from the defection. This procedure however will take some time. Replacing the skin is less of a problem, but the regeneration of everything below will take weeks to reach a normal state again, with the chance of permanent neural damages. I believe you know what I am talking about. For the time being, the Captain will not be able to leave the Apahanta, as he currently can't even use his hands.

I wish I had better news, but I felt I needed to inform you about his current status.

Sherry Aguilar

RE: To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Sherry Aguilar - Foxglove - 08-06-2017

:::[ESTABLISHING SECURED TEXT FEED]:::
:::[TEXT FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Maren v. Westefeld
Subject: (none)

Miss Aguilar,

Thank you for informing me. Ezrael has been talking to me yesterday, saying something about a mess that he created on the Apahanta. I hadn't thought it'd be that serious. Please, can I visit him after he has finished undergoing his surgery? Where do you keep him? The Apahanta doesn't seem likely if it suffered this much damage. I'm currently on Ames and can move to Corinth or Lividia if that's necessary.

Maren von Westefeld

RE: To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Sherry Aguilar - Sombs - 08-06-2017

Miss von Westefeld,

I'm sure the Captain would be happy to have you visiting him. The surgery is quite complicated because of how deep the burns have reached into his muscles. Meaning there will be multiple surgeries. In fact, there already have been a few, as Doctor Carr can only do so much right now.

The Apahanta is at Livadia, in the drydock, as usual. The hull repairs will take a few days, too, so we won't go anywhere soon. Shall I inform the Captain about your arrival?

Sherry Aguilar

RE: To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Sherry Aguilar - Foxglove - 08-06-2017

:::[ESTABLISHING SECURED TEXT FEED]:::
:::[TEXT FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Maren v. Westefeld
Subject: (none)

Understood, ma'am.

I'll be arriving in around four hours. Don't mind the Core ship; I merely bought it when it was on offer by the Core. I think you know their ships to be quite sturdy. I'll thank you in person when we see each other.

Maren von Westefeld

RE: To: Maren von Westefeld | From: Sherry Aguilar - Sombs - 08-06-2017

Miss von Westefeld,

I've informed Livadia about your arrival. Just in case. See you in four hours.

Sherry Aguilar