Discovery Gaming Community
To: Connor Baker - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Connor Baker (/showthread.php?tid=152777)

Pages: 1 2

To: Connor Baker - Spectre - 08-14-2017

----:[Incoming Transmission...

[Image: lw92Ols.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20110801072539]

[Communications ID: Vice Admiral Michelle Collins
Liberty Navy Third Fleet

[Recipient ID: Connor Baker
Battlegroup Harmony

[Subject: Data Packet

[Priority: [Omega - Very High]
[Encryption: [Omega-1V - Unbreakable]

Baker..

I had a look through that packet you gave me the codes for.. I'm still skeptical, but the picture is a lot clearer now.

Even before my incident with the Montana, I've never seen anything like this before. The message from Adenauer, yeah. Everyone got those.. but the operation against the Discovery.. the nomad in Pennsylvania.. I never saw any reports connected to those.. Maybe it was just a lack of initiative to inform me on it.. or maybe it was bad luck.

I'll be frank here.. I'm feeling a little insulted.. not by you, obviously, but by the people under me, as well as the people over me. Alan and John, even David and Mark.. I never got any of this information, and I'm damned curious why. I know you'll probably say 'it was to keep you out of line so the infection would spread', but I just can't believe that my own CO would withhold this from me.

I'll give the whole thing a bit of time to process, and I'll think over what's happened. I'm on a tight leash right now, given I just got re-promoted a couple weeks ago, so I'll let you.. or whoever you wanna redirect this to know when I've thought through it. I guess until then, I can try to send you things that might help.. but again, I'm still reeling from the whole 'lack-of-information' bit..

If you want, tell Knight that I said 'Hi'. I doubt she knows who I am, but still..

Don't get killed out there.

Regards,
Vice Admiral Michelle Collins, Liberty Navy Third Fleet, Battlegroup Arkansas Commanding.

......Transmission Terminated]-----

RE: To: Connor Baker - Shalo - 08-14-2017

Incoming Transmission
[Image: jSsxCam.png]
[Image: LQAfDaz.jpg?2]

ID: Lieutenant Junior Grade Connor Baker
Recipient: Michelle Collins
Subject: Battlegroup

Loading Message
[Image: 8dsD8NP.png]

Good Morning, miss Collins.

I didn't expect you to contact us so soon, or at all for that matter. Glad the situation turned out like this, better this way then if we had to end our little fight.

I'm not surprised you were unaware of these incidents. Most people, both civillian and military, don't know about them. The navy has been going out of their way to hide them. That is why most ships within our Battlegroup carry these information packages, to hand them out to any missinformed individuals.

In any case, if you're really interested in getting any supplies our way, like you said, that would be most appreciated. It isn't allways easy to get what we need, so any munitions or weapons that you could arrange to be delivered to Freeport 2, would be a great help. Any shipments of food or drinks are allways a good sight as well, getting better food or a few crates of beer allways helps the crew with its morale.

[Image: so2aLXO.png]
Transmission Ends

RE: To: Connor Baker - Spectre - 08-14-2017

Liberty Navy Third Fleet

[Recipient ID: Lieutenant Junior Grade Connor Baker
Battlegroup Harmony

[Subject: Goods

Baker..

I've spent more time over the night pouring over the transmission you gave me through that leaflet, and it's only making me contemplate those 18 years I spent following instructions. How didn't I see this? Was I blinded?
The only issue I could find with the whole thing was the small part in the recording when one of the Navy captains called for a retreat, but maybe he was a light in the dark. I might be wrong, though, so I'll just note it as a speculation..

I'll try to see about routing a few shipments of food, ammo, water and oxy' to Freeport 2 through the Fleet's logistics division. I guess if Ferguson asks, I'll just say I'm funding an R&D operation down there.

I'll only ask one thing from Harmony with all of this, and that's to use heavy restraint when you're dealing with Third Fleet ships. The Third by itself doesn't even get out of Alaska or Virginia much, and if we're operating outside, it'll either be me, Ferguson or Tucker at the helm, unless it's that transport I'll send every now and then with the aforementioned goods on board. That's all I ask, since a lot of the people in the fleet are vets. They deserve better than to be gunned down by their former comrades.

I hope this gives you what you need to weed out the blue from our boys in blue.
And whatever you do, don't mention me to anyone. Okay?

Try not to get shot.

Regards,
Vice Admiral Michelle Collins
Liberty Navy Third Fleet
Battlegroup Arkansas Commanding.

RE: To: Connor Baker - Shalo - 08-15-2017

Incoming Transmission

Subject: Supporting the Battlegroup

Loading Message

Good evening, miss Collins.

I'm glad to know that the 3rd will be providing us with some supplies. We'll put them to good use.

I can't speak for the battlegroup and say that nothing will happen to ships belonging to the 3rd, if any pilots put our ships in danger we may have to use force to deal with them. Ultimately, that comes down to what Admiral Knight and my superior officers decide, based on the situation. However, you can rest assured that our fighters will be warned about the possibility of transports from the 3rd fleet coming to Freeport 2 to deliver us these supplies.

Take care, miss Collins. If it is decided that we require any additional support, besides these shipments, we'll make sure to contact you.

Transmission Ends

RE: To: Connor Baker - Spectre - 08-17-2017

Liberty Navy Third Fleet

Battlegroup Harmony

[Subject: Delivery 001

Baker.
I figured I'd let you know when these shipments arrived, knowing that communication can be a real pain in the kiester. I hope you don't mind me doing these periodic reports, but I'd rather send them to you directly and have you know than have Faraday or Boess figure out by themselves.

I'll also see if I can't get this packet around. A lot of people in this fleet still have remorse for both sides because of what happened, both Harmony and Navy alike. The packet's convinced me, but the rest of them.. I dunno. I'll see about, though.

Regards,
Liberty Navy Third Fleet

[--ATTACHMENTS------------] - 1

RE: To: Connor Baker - Shalo - 08-17-2017

Incoming Transmission

Subject: Supplies

Loading Message

Good afternoon, miss Collins.

It's good to hear back from you. We're very grateful to have these supplies delivered to Freeport 2. We'll make sure to have someone pick them up, soon.

I'll make sure to keep my superiors informed of any more shipments reaching Bering. Whenever you send me another of your reports, I'll forward the logs to one of my commanding officers.

Transmission Ends

RE: To: Connor Baker - Spectre - 08-18-2017

Liberty Navy Third Fleet

Battlegroup Harmony

[Subject: Delivery 002

Baker.
Letting you know that Faraday got another shipment in, and it's waiting for your people to pick it up. I made sure he included some more lax-a-daisy consumer items with the shipment, since I know that you can't really get a lot of the same amenities as the rest of Liberty. Should include hygiene items, packages of clothing.. everyday things that you don't really get when the whole of the country is out to get you.

I've been talking with Faraday, by the way, as well as some of the battlegroup I'm assigned to, and they've pointed out that the packet you gave me is fairly damning. Besides Commander Langley, they didn't see much to disprove the information. Like I said before, I'm convinced, so when Faraday comes around, I'll try and get him to pack more 'useful' items in.

Don't get shot out there.

Regards,
Liberty Navy Third Fleet

RE: To: Connor Baker - Shalo - 08-21-2017

Incoming Transmission

Loading Message

I'm still not sure who this Faraday person is, but we are more then thankful for these deliveries. They've been a great help and have made our lives easier. If you could bring some light arms and munitions on the next shipment as well, that would be explendid.

I've also informed my superiors about these deliveries and will keep them posted on any new shipments.

Safe skies.

Transmission Ends

RE: To: Connor Baker - Spectre - 08-27-2017

Liberty Navy Third Fleet

Battlegroup Harmony

[Subject: Delivery 003

Baker.
Faraday got you all another shipment in, which should be a fairly useful one. Some light arms and ammunition, as well as some pieces that apparently aren't too regulated. Ferguson asked me about it though, but I managed to lead him off of it.

Hopefully these get you guys moving and prepped. There might be a change coming soon, but I'm not sure yet. Keep your eyes open, and I'll try to let you know if anything comes up.

Regards,
Liberty Navy Third Fleet

RE: To: Connor Baker - Shalo - 08-27-2017

Incoming Transmission

Loading Message

I inquired what else we could need from this Faraday, with a few people within the Battlegroup. I was told to ask you to bring 5,000 cargo units of High Performance Alloy and another 5,000 units of Basic Alloy. Like usual, you can deliver those at Freeport 2 and we will pick them up there. One of our pilots also mentioned that we they haven't been able to have any tea or sunbucks coffee in quite a long time... so, I guess if you could bring a few crates of that, it would also help with the morale around here.

Transmission Ends