Discovery Gaming Community
To: All BAF, all LN, all CR, all Council - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: All BAF, all LN, all CR, all Council (/showthread.php?tid=152796)

To: All BAF, all LN, all CR, all Council - Thunderer - 08-14-2017

Message Class: Audio-Visual

Encryption: Earl Grey
To: Allies

[Image: PPgfFww.png]

This is Captain Sir Hall on the line. I am reporting that I will lead a raid fleet into Leeds in about two hours, with the purpose of causing losses to the local Gallic garrison, and retreat before their reinforcements can arrive. I am contacting you because I need volunteers to fill the gaps in my ranks. Only volunteers because, I must inform you, the incursion will be highly dangerous. If you can spare any units, bring them to Birmingham in Manchester before we depart. I trust that I was sufficiently clear.

Open for Replies

RE: To: All BAF, all LN, all CR, all Council - Jessitrescott - 08-14-2017

Encryption: SIGABA

[Image: nXdbDBz.jpg?1]

The BRF|HMS-Formidable Will be there. We will not disappoint you Captain Sir George Richard Hall.

RE: To: All BAF, all LN, all CR, all Council - Thunderer - 08-14-2017

Message Class: Audio-Visual

Encryption: Earl Grey
To: Allies

[Image: PPgfFww.png]

This is Captain Sir Hall on the line. Today's operation ended in a victory for our forces. All enemy ships were routed. But, there were several mistakes that could be avoided. I will direct my first remark to the Liberty Navy. I urge you to use not Magellan if going to Bretonia, but Cortez. Not only that it is shorter, but Cortez is also less dangerous. We had a Liberty Navy ship ambushed in Magellan today. We arrived on time to save the men, but the enemy fleet managed to escape and the material damage was permanent.

I will direct my second and third remark at everyone, including myself. I urge all ships that are leaving the battlefield before the battle, during the battle, or after the battle, for whatever reason, not to cut communications with the fleet. We had a Crecy class leaving to Southampton due to core malfunction, but when the ship departed, they cut the communication line. They were not able to call for help when they were ambushed. We are still searching for any survivors. May God help those poor men and women.

Lastly, I was appalled by the amount of clutter on the communications. Even if the ship was still connected, I don't think that anyone would notice their cries for help. I know that you are bored while waiting for targets to appear, but I also know that you would rather have boredom than death due to decompression in vacuum. An agonizing way to die.

Discipline, men and women. It is, in short, what I had to say. I trust that you will join me tomorrow at the same time, and also in victory.

Open for Replies