Discovery Gaming Community
{ToI} Faction Info - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: {ToI} Faction Info (/showthread.php?tid=152809)

Pages: 1 2 3

{ToI} Faction Info - Old Man Kijima - 08-14-2017

[Image: K3HlIXb.png]

Overview
Name: Tears Of Izanagi
Tag: {ToI}
ID: Blood Dragon ID
IFF: Blood Dragon

History

Daimyo Kijima and his family were once part of the Blood Dragons under Hideyoshi and served in the Nomad war of 801. After the war, The Blood Dragons were less aggressive in their actions against Samura, which didn't fit with Kijimas ethos. Despite the mainstream Blood Dragons being more relaxed he continued to slaughter Samura pilots and attack civilian stations that were affiliated with Samura. This attitude set Kijima apart from the other Daimyo's who were happy to spare civilian lives in acts of piracy to harm the corporation whilst retaining their honour.

Over the years the Kijima family gained a small but loyal following and force which in 815 A.S became known as the Tears of Izanagi. This name came from the many Shinto warriors who make up the majority of the force, these worship the old earth practice of establishing a connection between present-day Kusari and its ancient past. Most of the Kijima pilots were as reasonable as their clan laws would allow them to be but those who claimed the title took particular enjoyment in carrying out the most extreme actions against anyone flying the Samura flag.

824 The Skirmish of Xaunming. A small capital force under the Kijima banner began a ruse siege of Xaunming station in an attempt to lure out any Kusari Naval Force captains willing to risk their lives to protect Samura business interests. This attack was not sanctioned by The Blood Dragon leadership as was carried out under the order of a Daimyo this alone and many other civilian endangering actions along with the general attitude of The Tears of Izanagi had created a cold rift between them and the mainstream force of Blood Dragons which was on the brink of becoming a final warning for the Kijima family. After the battle had reached its end Daimyo Kijima was summoned by Shogun Hideyoshi, during a tense but amicable conversation the Shogun saw fit to allow the Tears of Izanagi their independence Granting Kijima the title of Lord and sovereignty over the Rishiri system.

Goals
• Gain Independence from the Blood Dragon Shogunate so that the Tears may operate freely.
• Secure Sovereignty within Rishiri Space.
• Undermine Samura efforts within Kusari and beyond.
• Aid Shogun Hideyoshi in securing the Nagano System.
• Restore a Shogun and protect the –CLASSIFIED—
Diplomacy

Please note that this is the ToI view of other factions and the relationship might not be shared

Blood Dragons
Order
SIS

Kishiro

Gas Miners Guild
Golden Chrysanthemums
Kusari State Police
Kusari Imperial Navy (Tensei)

Kusari Naval Forces
Hogosha
Farmers Alliance

Samura Industries

RE: {ToI} Faction Info - Old Man Kijima - 09-17-2017

Updated and now happy to take feedback

RE: {ToI} Faction Info - Stolt. - 09-18-2017

Most newbie faction find it a challenge to integrate into the server, mostly because they keep to themselves instead of joining other factions and learning from veterans the many rules and unspoken rules of the server. Most of these factions die out over time because the community continually berates them with criticism and because they don't know anyone else from the community, so they never understand little things like "don't gank", or don't say "lol" in system chat. Most of these newbie groups think that the ultimate point of the game is to log and find people to shoot at just like every other game. It takes them a while to learn how to RP, most usually quit before then due to excessive community pressure and criticism drawn against them. But that isn't you guys. I'm glad you're around because your faction serves as an example to this community that instead of criticising newbie groups, we need to get in touch with them and help them understand why we have unspoken rules like don't gank, don't jitter etc. etc.

The forums are an intimidating place because there's so many threads and there's so many important posts to read that some newbie groups never figure out that jittering is bad, or why fighting fair is important (because if you die you can't log that character for 2 hours), even if it doesn't make sense. I mean, in real life, it's not like the U.S. says "let's not gank the countries we invade", they absolutely gank whenever theres a fight, most countries fighting wars do, so logically it makes sense that you would gank in this roleplay-heavy server as well. Upon hearing this, most experienced people in this community berate or insult, but they rarely explain why fighting fair is important in this server (if you die, you can't log that character on for 2 hours, so if your going to kill someone, at least give them a fair fight, otherwise the gankers end up ruining the RP experience for the ganked/gankees which is more important). When I got in touch with you guys, I think the both of us had a lot of patience with each other. We both had a lot to learn about each other as individuals and as factions. This was good because I ended up learning about your faction and its specific RP and how different you intended to be from the mainstream Blood Dragons. If we hadn't met each other, I probably would have just thought your group was just another generic pvp/pirate group that was overly-aggressive with very little RP, and you probably would've thought I was just salty that I lost a fight or got my cargo robbed.

You've taken great strides to show restraint even though your enemies never did. You've become a successful example for the community to learn from about how to integrate newbie groups such as yourselves, how we need to get in touch with groups of new guys like yourselves. Most new individual players show up and enlist in a faction or two and that's where they learn to RP but newbie groups like yours don't have exposure to the experienced players who can teach you how we play and RP on this server. Several experienced players took the time out of their lives to reach out to get to know you guys and help you improve your RP and give helpful feedback rather than criticise or complain or ostracize you and I'm glad they did because you all ended up becoming a disciplined and successful member of the Kusari unlawful community.

I hope you guys keep terrorising Kusari and help bring that house alive! I also wish you good luck! My experience with you guys has been amazing and I'm glad that I had the pleasure of RP'ing with all of you!

RE: {ToI} Faction Info - Secret Intelligence Service - 09-18-2017

I'd like to see more of you ingame for starters, you do bring life back to Kusari and us at the SIS kind of want you around for that.
We'd love more interaction with you fellas, not just in space but also stories and forum things.

Keep it up fellas.

RE: {ToI} Faction Info - Old Man Kijima - 09-19-2017

SIS, You got some more yesterday and more on the way! Love playing with you guys.

RE: {ToI} Faction Info - SnakThree - 09-22-2017

We are not sure if our convoy received a demand or not.

RE: {ToI} Faction Info - Old Man Kijima - 09-22-2017

Double post, my bad

(09-22-2017, 10:43 PM)Daimyo Kijima {ToI} Wrote: [quote='SnakThree' pid='1929838' dateline='1506116297']
We are not sure if our convoy received a demand or not.

I am unsure what Convoy you are referencing, we normally don't issue demands as we rarely demand cargo or credits unless we come across a Samura trader (because at war) or if selling/buying at a samura base or if carrying contraband.

RE: {ToI} Faction Info - SnakThree - 09-22-2017

Convoy of Ageira~

PM'd Smile x