Discovery Gaming Community
Dinamics-game. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Dinamics-game. (/showthread.php?tid=152929)

Dinamics-game. - Mr.Mike. - 08-18-2017

Hello!

As I remember from some videos, the project The opening was probably one of the most active Freelancer Mods in general: the battle between Liberty and Rheiland, the clashes over the planet Leeds, etc.

I have a couple of ideas on how to return activity:
1. Official factions - watch here. The administration gave you a comment on this matter, but I will remind ( just in case ).
2. Giving rewards for killing ALWAYS. That is, it is about awarding rewards for murders not only during certain events, but also in normal time ( don`t events ). Let's say that the reward for killing a player with a piracy ID`s is 5 million credits, and killing a Police/Navy ship from Pirate-ship - 10 millions or 5.
3. Now go to the Administration: create as often as possible any events that, in your opinion, can raise the asset. And still: nobody forbids to do more than one event in a certain period of time. On the contrary: it will even increase activity! For example, you can arrange a military event. During this event, you can start a trade event, somehow related to the military ( the delivery of weapons, for example ).
4. Add some updates that will not affect the game's ENT, but will affect its colorfulness or mechanics. In simple words: when you can see the really falling apart Valor during her death? Or increase the quality of graphics. Also, no one prohibits.
5. How about more events in Uncharted Sectors? Simply, let's remember the game asset during the "Uncharted-Rheiland" event: there really were a lot of players who were looking for either PvP or PvE with the Cultists, gathering in groups and attacking NPCs. For example, create events: "Uncharted Liberty", "Uncharted Kusari", "Uncharted Bretonia". I`m really - this is interesting events!

P.S: There is even no question of rewards. Just accept the fact that PvP is more interesting than a bored trade. I can be wrong, but it's possible to go crazy: fly along the same trade route, wait until you are filled miner...
P.S.S: In a word: increase the PvP activity in the game, and also try to add more events on the dynamics theme, so that the players were interested!

RE: Dinamics-game. - Sombs - 08-18-2017

Whenever PvP gives rewards, people start fighting dirty. The Omicron Xi fights last weekend were a catastrophe in most cases because people mostly logged OCs and just roflstomped the few Corsairs that logged.

I believe you don't have the slightest idea how much effort people are already putting into their work. You can't just say "improve the graphics". People are doing that since the very beginning of the mod, without getting rewarded. People spend hundreds of hours on improving things, adding new content, trying to balance new content with the old one. What you're proposing here are empty words without a second thought. If you're bored with trading, don't do it alone, and don't do it for min-maxing. I bet you didn't even visit half of the systems ingame.

Spamming the server with even more events won't help anyone, because people will start only to log during events. That devalues the non-event content, and that's bad.

RE: Dinamics-game. - Mephistoles - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 02:36 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Whenever PvP gives rewards, people start fighting dirty. The Omicron Xi fights last weekend were a catastrophe in most cases because people mostly logged OCs and just roflstomped the few Corsairs that logged.

The respawn event fights in Omicron Xi were no different than regular pvp and thoroughly enjoyable. In fact, even better, since dirty tricks were rightly prohibited by the admin team. Generally, the Corsairs were "winning" if you can call it that in a respawn event.

In the PvP respawn event on Friday, OC lolwut caps have ganked the Corsairs pretty hard. On saturday there where moment the same group threw seven caps on a Murmillo, which only changed after 50 minutes when the fleets regrouped.

RE: Dinamics-game. - Mr.Mike. - 08-18-2017

(08-18-2017, 02:36 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Whenever PvP gives rewards, people start fighting dirty. The Omicron Xi fights last weekend were a catastrophe in most cases because people mostly logged OCs and just roflstomped the few Corsairs that logged.

I believe you don't have the slightest idea how much effort people are already putting into their work. You can't just say "improve the graphics". People are doing that since the very beginning of the mod, without getting rewarded. People spend hundreds of hours on improving things, adding new content, trying to balance new content with the old one. What you're proposing here are empty words without a second thought. If you're bored with trading, don't do it alone, and don't do it for min-maxing. I bet you didn't even visit half of the systems ingame.

Spamming the server with even more events won't help anyone, because people will start only to log during events. That devalues the non-event content, and that's bad.

How I`m uderstand, you here for critics. Yes? Okay, listen:
1. I did not say that you need to improve the graphics. God, think before you write! I just offered to put more emphasis on this industry.
2. As for such a number of events - it will be on the contrary interesting. At least, it's better for me to participate in 3 events, than to wait for the first event a month ( or maybe two ).

About the awards for the battle in PvP, I may have exaggerated. However, do not criticize so that I do not know anything and do not think about anything. I just suggested the idea, and did not say "create this NOW-NOW-NOW!"

What you get from too many events is an insane influx of credits thrown into the game. Best examples were the Narcrahtite and the latest smuggling event. In the latest event, you were able to earn up to 75.000.000 Credits in seven minutes, and you had the same route back, meaning up to 150.000.000 Credits in 15 minutes, which means 600.000.000 Credits in one hour. Why would you even bother using transports for non-event gameplay?

PvP-wise, you had people throwing 7 caps on one cap. Extreme-ganks, and killsteals en masse. Those fighting events were intersting for like 30 minutes until one realized it was literally just Dreadnough-spamming, with some dreads even sneaking insta-kills on snubs.

And yes, you asked for improving graphics.

(08-18-2017, 01:09 PM)Mr.Mike. Wrote: 4. Add some updates that will not affect the game's ENT, but will affect its colorfulness or mechanics. In simple words: when you can see the really falling apart Valor during her death? Or increase the quality of graphics. Also, no one prohibits.

RE: Dinamics-game. - Reddy - 08-18-2017

i dunno about the pvp kill bonus on everything which will result in a lot of salt. i do agree about the events. we need more events. say one every week. given that not all people can make it cause of RL stuff so thats why the number of events should increase so everyone has a chance to participate

RE: Dinamics-game. - Goliath - 08-18-2017

Bad ideas, bad concepts.

More events= more work for salt/people will be less interested in them.

PvP rewards= Salt, Salt everywhere/ players will start playing really dirty (as Sombrah said)

Updates/Graphic improvements: Ok, it seems you are not aware that this mod runs on RL cash and functions through the donation of others. Also graphic improvements are NOT possible. Because it could requier a new, updated engine and changes to other crucial components of the mod/original game.

Do I also need to remind that improvements other than ingame adds like balance/ server stability/ new features and so on are the only ones possible?

(Correct me if I'm wrong)