Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Freelancer Discovery Trailer (/showthread.php?tid=153102)

Pages: 1 2 3

Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Avalanche - 08-26-2017

Good day.

I am putting together a trailer. I have been playing around with the idea of a Star Citizen Imagine Trailer spin off. This is a demo video I have put together of the idea.

[Edit] As already stated, there is a probable issue with copyright. It would be good to hear suggestions of alternative copyright free music.

I've made a new (demo video. I think it's improving with each revision/

The goal of this thread is to

1. Encourage you guys to post any ingame footage (with hud or with no hud) to help me build this trailer and to help any future projects I or anyone else may have.
2. Encourage suggestions of locations, bases, factions, events etc to film. Currently I am using various /restarts to jump around Sirius.
3. Share ideas of the music, text, camera angles, shots etc.

Let's all share in-game footage basically. List of YouTube accounts that footage can be taken from thanks to the owners generosity.
- Antonio
- GregDFE (mine)
- Sombra Hookier
- Karlotta (post #3)

If you guys can help share footage or suggest ideas, that would be extremely helpful. It would be great to see what you guys see ingame.

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Antonio - 08-26-2017

You're free to use the footage from my Youtube channel (some links are in the signature).

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Skorak - 08-26-2017

This is amazing. I am only slightly concerned if using Star Citizens song is good.

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Mephistoles - 08-26-2017

That demo actually looks really really good. I have no footage to offer, only my thoughts, but I'd say including a bunch of the fancier, shinier stuff Discovery has to offer would be a great idea. Things like Niigata Star City and Dur-Shurrikun.

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Avalanche - 08-26-2017

That's really excellent. Very helpful Antonio. I'll make a list in the OP for myself and all other community members to see who is allowing free use of their footage.

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Karlotta - 08-26-2017

Making a trailer or ad for disco is good, but copying the (very likely copy righted) trailer of a game that will be/is in direct competition to disco because of its nature and target audience will probably land you a heap of trouble. Better remove the music and mimicked lines.

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Sombs - 08-26-2017

Feel free to make use of my channel content as well, I have this playlist which is entirely about RP and PVP events. The former videos are a bit lower in quality.

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Thunderer - 08-26-2017

Replace the music with something that fits more into Freelancer than into Star Citizen, preferably also something livelier. Star Citizen is style, but Disco is life. It would also be very good if you included some recordings of large battles.

PS: Sombra has great battle videos.

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Karlotta - 08-26-2017

You may aslo get footage or inspirations from a few old experimental videos I made back in the day. Although I think only the last one was recorded at higher resolution that 400x300:

Nomads
Locust Star (Order vs nomads
Destruction of Toledo Event
Spud the nomad human hybrid with vocal chords superweapons

(more videos in my feedback thread)

RE: Freelancer Discovery Trailer - Avalanche - 08-26-2017

Added the generous rights to use footage Karlotta and Sombra Hookier.

Thunderer yeah, footage of fights etc will be included. It's hard to find a good song! Edited the OP to encourage alternative suggestions.