Discovery Gaming Community
[Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Tutorials & Tools (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database (/showthread.php?tid=153175)

[Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - Antonio - 08-28-2017

FLStat

Want to always be right when there's a discussion about snub turn rates or the efficiency of battleship cerberus turrets? Interested in sellpoints, infocards or base locations without logging into the game? This is the program for you! What is FLStat? FLStat is a program that lists a lot of data about bases, commodities, ships, guns, missiles and more. It's simple to use and useful in many situations, so there's no reason not to have it installed.

To download it, click here. Unpack the .zip anywhere you want, installation is not required. Make a shortcut on your desktop (optionally) and run the .exe file. You'll be asked to locate your Freelancer installation. You don't necessarily have to locate Discovery installation here - vanilla version, modded Disco or other mods are also a possibility

Once you do that, the installation itself is over and I'll explain some features. First, in the top left corner it's advised to immediately go to Settings -> Reload Ini Files and click on it. This should be done every time there's a server update since FLStat doesn't update itself. You'll notice the option below it which reads "Show Blank Entries". This lists -all- files in the game, mostly the ones without a sellpoint (obsolete ships, Titan's missiles, etc.). Unless you're looking for something specific, there's no need to tick it as it just clogs the lists.

[Image: eQtZRqq.png]

The lists themselves are self-explanatory. First choose the category you want to see (ex. Bases), then click on the column header to sort it by that criteria. If you sort it by first column (alphabetically) you can search for stuff quickly by simply hovering your mouse inside the list and typing the name of a base which will find the base you're looking for on the list.

The main reason people use FLStat is to check ship, gun and missile stats that aren't listed ingame (manouverability, DPS, efficiency, etc.). Everything is self-explanatory so there's not much to add except that guns' efficiency is dividing the damage/s with power/s. As for the ships, there's a few things that need explaining:

Max Angular Speed (deg/s) - turn rate. I'm still not 100% sure what's the reference, but you can figure it out by comparing it to other ships, especially ones within the same class. The higher the number the faster the ship turns.

Time to 90% Max Angular Speed (s) - this is what we call responsiveness. How sluggish a ship is to change of direction. Since it's measured in seconds, the smaller the number the more responsive a ship will be. This is evident by looking at the Saishi which has the lowest number out of any snub is the most responsive snub in the game while the Camara which has the biggest one is the least responsive. Responsiveness is only worth comparing within the same class as it's much less impactful than the turn rate globally (battleships might seem super responsive compared to fighters, but that's to compensate for their ridiculously low turn rate. If you look at it closely, you'll see battleships don't have a problem with sudden change of direction, although the change itself will be hard to notice because of the low turn rate).

Questions below. Let me know if I missed anything.

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - Reliant - 10-26-2018

Download link is malware it looks like

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - PhoenixClaw - 10-26-2018

But it's not malware.

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - Dino - 10-26-2018

It's definitely not. Download, unzip, run. Rather simple and useful tool.

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - Irishtiger - 03-14-2019

What is with the FLStatSQL.bat file? There is no guidance on how to run it. Does the .exe run it at some point?

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - Kaze - 03-14-2019

It's to give functionalities to an sqlite database that contains the data. You would have to run the .exe and update the data first. Then:

[Image: SgmGEs7.png]

This will generate a command file that will create an sqlite database with all the data and the bat file create some functionalities such as listing weapons and whatnot.

<3

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - SwiftWing - 07-20-2023

What do you do when the .INI file refuses to load, I have pointed to everything I can, vanilla and Discovery's and cant get more than 38 commodities listed. I have also removed all My Anti Virus and added Exceptions for FLStat.exe in the firewall, Set to run as Admin, Set it to run under Windows 8. what else am I doing Wrong?

And what the heck else can I try? ((( HELP )))!

Is there a FAQ anyplace or anyone got any other Ideas?
I really need this to work!!!

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - SwiftWing - 07-20-2023

Bump

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - Xenon - 07-21-2023

(07-20-2023, 02:42 PM)SwiftWing Wrote: What do you do when the .INI file refuses to load, I have pointed to everything I can, vanilla and Discovery's and cant get more than 38 commodities listed. I have also removed all My Anti Virus and added Exceptions for FLStat.exe in the firewall, Set to run as Admin, Set it to run under Windows 8. what else am I doing Wrong?

And what the heck else can I try? ((( HELP )))!

Is there a FAQ anyplace or anyone got any other Ideas?
I really need this to work!!!

- Click on "Settings" at the top left side of your FL Stats screen and select "Freelancer Location"
then make sure that the location is like the path shown below.

- C:\Users\Xenon\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.91.0

- Of course, the folder "Xenon" will be replaced by your username on Windows.

- Then click on "reload ini" after you finish adding the location of the freelancer discovery folder successfully

- If you did not manage to understand this reply or the author's main post,
then contact an admin who is willing to help you more with this external matter,

Good luck

RE: [Tutorial] FLStat - Freelancer Database - SwiftWing - 09-01-2023

It was looking for another copy of Freelancer I had installed I didn't catch it tell later