Discovery Gaming Community
Event: The Alster Disunion (Concluded) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: Event: The Alster Disunion (Concluded) (/showthread.php?tid=153333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Event: The Alster Disunion (Concluded) - Skorak - 09-03-2017

THE ALSTER DISUNION
Rheinland Event

[Image: 8PJ8ll4.png]

Event Background
A recent well-publicised chemical attack on Alster Shipyard has left over three hundred Republican Shipping employees and federal rescue workers dead, in one of the most violent paramilitary actions of recent months. Whilst the attack was only marginally successful - Unioner vessels sent in to complicate the cleanup were intercepted in a phyrric battle with the joint military and military intelligence detachment sent to relieve the station, the militant Alster Union has claimed credit for the attack, keen to reassert itself in the public eye after a perceived loss of ground to its Red Hessian rivals following the battle of Dresden. The Unioners have gained significant notoriety from the raid, and appear to be revelling in the unusually brutal act of terror, claiming divine revenge against Republican Shipping, and, by extension, the government, for outlaw of Alster’s shipping unions many centuries past.

Whilst Republican shipping claims that the attack will not harm Alster’s output of fresh transports and utility vessels, the station is currently the site of an extensive cleanup operation. Republican Shipping has placed lucrative contracts to replace critical elements of the station’s life support systems. Indeed, there are some who believe that the insurance bailout has more than reimbursed Republican for any loss of revenue the attack incurred. With the Federal Government keen to keep its publicly owned shipping cooperation competitive, the Hamburg system has become a veritable centre of trade of vessels shipping in emergency supplies, and shipping out the contaminated remains of Alster’s life support units.

An unintended outcome of the newly bustling Hamburg tradelanes has been a proportional rise of pirate activity in the system; Unioner and independent pirate vessels taking advantage of Republican’s needfulness to make a cheap buck at the expense of the contracted shipping. The LWB, no fans of foreign trade themselves, have also pushed into the system, working alongside their Unioner and independent pirate allies to milk the trade-lane traffic. The federal forces of Rheinland, keen to re-assert themselves after the loss of Dresden, also stand to profit from the attack, viewing the Alster attack as a golden opportunity to reassert the public as to the solidity of Rheinland’s security situation, clamping down violently on unlawful operations throughout the Hamburg system in an attempt to win back hearts and minds.

Hamburg is becoming increasingly violent.

Event Description
Next week, starting from the 4th of September and lasting as long as the 10th, Alster Shipyard will be the target of a supply event. While lawful corporations can supply the Shipyard, the Unioners and their allies from the LWB will try and raid their transports. The RFP and RM can move in to fight them. There will be bonuses for the mentioned IDs for both kills and shipments.

As usual, we invite the official factions on either side to organize the participants via Skype and Discord as well as promote overall activity and presence during the event.

The event will either end on Sunday or when all shipments arrived.

Rewards for leading either of the scores will be a choice between 1000 units of Scientific Data or a NEMP-Launcher with 4x Ammo.
Top 3 get forum titles.

Other rewards may be introduced over the course of the event.

Event Bonuses
Trade Event: Triage supplies from Planet Cambridge are direly needed on Alster Shipyard. The destroyed life support units can be returned there for recycling and research.
Combat Event: Rheinland law enforcement(RFP, RM, MND) and Republican Shipping get a bonus against the UN and LWB and vice versa

Registration Required - NO

IDs eligible for the Trade Event:
IDs capable of docking on Alster Shipyard

The commodities cost 3.000 credits each and sell for that too. Pirates can sell them on Cadiz, Darmstadt, Ronneburg or Wedel

Profit Per Unit: 7 000

IDs eligible for the Combat Event:
RFP ID, RFP| ID
RM ID, [RM] ID
MND ID, BDM| ID
Republican ID
vs
Unioner ID, UN| ID
LWB ID

Kill Bonus - 15 000 000

As usual, the admin team would like the participants to please keep in mind that any attempts to prevent opposing players from earning score during the event will be considered as cheating and dealt with as such.

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Enkidu - 09-03-2017

Much thanks to Skorak for helping this finally come through. Indie Pirate ID should also be on the UN + LWB side in terms of kill bonuses, to encourage them to work with UN and LWB in Hamburg as there'll be a big lawful presence and plenty to shoot. I believe that was in the original request wording, just forgot about it in the 2.0 iteration.

If anybody wants to bring their indie pirate transport and rake in cargo scores, they can.

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - SnakThree - 09-03-2017

Generic IDs should not be have place in combat events due to how bland they work in grand scheme towards inRP rivalry between certain factions. They add very little to whole ordeal in that regards except for being just another ship in the event.

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Felipe - 09-03-2017

Decisions, decisions.... RFP? RNC? Glorious Zonioners? Powertrade the s@@@ outta event? ILL HAVE MY SHARE OF FUN.

Do same everyone, we will be good hosters, i swear! Came in and i promise will do my best to shoot you to pieces, whatever you bring in, unless you explode me first, surely Smile

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Reddy - 09-03-2017

Kill bonus seems a bit high. 10mill like the other events would be fair

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Antonio - 09-03-2017

I'd suggest adding pirate sellpoints at Freeport 1 and Kreuzberg.

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Jack_Henderson - 09-03-2017

Uh, I assume UN/LWB will be in need of help, pvp-wise. The opposition looks daunting...
Time to make an indie. Big Grin

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Enkidu - 09-03-2017

(09-03-2017, 08:19 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Uh, I assume UN/LWB will be in need of help, pvp-wise. The opposition looks daunting...
Time to make an indie. Big Grin

Indies would be much appreciated. It's difficult to find friendly groups in that ZOI, so balancing the sides is a pipe-dream. I'm basically hoping that the lawful side will play fair and be prudent.

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Jack_Henderson - 09-03-2017

Is there anybody on Republican Shipping side that roleplays?

RE: Event: The Alster Disunion - Skorak - 09-04-2017

The event has started though the Republican Bonus is currently not functional and has been removed.