Discovery Gaming Community
To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari (/showthread.php?tid=154086)

To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - Emperor Tekagi - 10-03-2017

<::INCOMING TRANSMISSION::>

[Image: ZvPAfRd.png]

"Kon'nichiwa, dearest Professors of Sirius and Gallia,

as first, let me introduce myself. My name is Sanae Miyasu, I am the Minister of Health and Education of the Republic of Kusari. I contact you all with a thought in mind. It is well known that all our houses developed their own cultures over the centuries but despite the active trade of goods, wars, and interactions in every possible way between our houses we lack one thing: Understanding.
I am hopefully not mistaken when I say that the High Schools and Universities at your homes cannot provide a sufficient understanding of other's cultures as well. What we all lack is real knowledge about the other cultures and usually still do mistakes or stick to invalid clichees when interacting with them. I hopefully do not have to mention that such a lack of understanding already resulted in avoidable brutal conflicts and should be prevented to happen again.

Now, what I had in mind is a huge cooperative project, let's all forget about political differences for this, but rather focus on the education of our youth. Why shouldn't we bring them the other cultures Sirius and Gallia developed over the time, closer and let them understand the 'unknown strange people from abroad' a bit better? To reach this we should establish an exchange of Professors of History and Cultural Development throughout the colonies who then participate at project weeks at our High Schools and Universities, so that our young people get directly confronted with other cultures and can make mistakes while interaction with them without having to fear consequences.

How we should organize this in detail shall be discussed once the first interest showed up but one matter is already cleared; The Republic of Kusari is ready to financially support this idea and assist the Professors with their travels to, from and through Kusari.

In hope of a positive response from all sides,

Sanae Miyasu,
Minister for Health & Education,
Republic of Kusari

<::TRANSMISSION TERMINATED::>

RE: To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - University Of Cambridge - 10-04-2017

[Image: Prof._H.jpg]

*INCOMING TRANSMISSION*
Sender: Vice-Chancellor Katrin Hamilton
Subject: Academic exchange
Transmission Secure
Link Established

Greetings Minister
I must admit I was most surprised by this message, although the Chancellor and Proctors are not opposed to your proposal, we must point out the logistical issues involved, with the Tau systems not being open to travel. Liberty remains open to us, although the cost in moving students and professors would make for an expensive venture.

However, we believe that such an experience would prove invaluable for the young people of Bretonia, although understand that bad blood still runs between our two houses as a result of the Tau war. If you are willing to host our students, we would be willing to host yours in return. We can discuss the details in greater depth later, if our respective governments approve your proposal.

Regards:
Vice-Chancellor Katrin Hamilton

RE: To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - Emperor Tekagi - 10-06-2017

"Kon'nichiwa, Miss Hamilton.

I understand your concerns but I am sure that we can easily find a suitable, not all too expensive possibility to move our students to each other's places. Now to the bad blood, I could go down a list of points about the Imperial Kusari Navy and how they are seen in Bretonia and so on but as I already stated before, this project should disregard the current political situations the best possible. Also bringing our both culture's students a bit closer to each other will help improving our relations once again.

Regarding the Goverment's approval, I already have the permission hence my offer to all respective houses and their universities. All it needs is you acquiring permission from the Bretonian Crown and us thoroughly planning everything out. In the meantime I wonder if the University of Cambridge has contact to any other academic or scholastic institutions outside of Bretonia who could be interested into such an exchange and if you couldn't contact them on behalf of my idea.

I already thank you for your interest, Miss Hamilton, and hope that we can work everything out so our youth can benefit from this as soon as possible,

Sanae Miyasu,
Republic of Kusari

RE: To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - Wildkins - 10-06-2017

- - - -TRANSMISSION INITIATED - - - -

COMM ID: ADM (Res.) DAVIES, Nathaniel
TARGET ID: Minister MIYASU, Sinae -- Republic of Kusari
SUBJECT: RE: Cultural Development Initiative
ENCRYPTION: None.
PRIORITY: Moderate

Ms. Miyasu of the Republic of Kusari,

The Liberty Naval War College and its civilian branch, the Liberty Naval Academy appreciate your desire to bring cooperation and cultural understanding into the curriculum of our colleges and universities. It is an admirable goal to develop bonds that rise above national or political bonds or concerns, and one that I agree with - in part. Unfortunately, while those under the so-called Kingdom of Gallia continue to oppress those they deem fit and engage in open conflict with our servicemen and women, I will so see it that our best and brightest have no contact whatsoever with them or their supporters, as doing so would be tantamount to an act of treason to our great House.

Otherwise, I find your initiative most commendable, and would like to see our great institutions join in its trial stages.

ADM (res.) Nathaniel Davies
Chief Instructor, Naval War College
Manhattan, New York

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defence Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

- - - -TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - -

RE: To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - Emperor Tekagi - 10-06-2017

"Kon'nichiwa, Mister Davies.

I am glad to hear that even Liberty's War College finds interest in our project, I fully understand your concerns regarding Gallia and have to admit that I forgot to mention that there are no considered exchanges between Gallics from their Royal world and the Kingdom of Bretonia or the Republic of Kusari. If some of your students wished to enter an exchange with the Gallic Kingdom that would turn out to overcomplicate everything since I doubt that both sides could disregard the current wars and abuse the situation the best they can anyways. We will simply restrict it to travels inbetween the Sirian colonies for Liberty's students then, the same will likely go for the Bretonians, I assume.

There is another point I wish to talk about, after some time of thinking we came to the conclusion that there is no reason to leave people like the Crayterians or other "mini-houses" out of this transmission since they developed their own cultures and we do not wish to restrict the variety our students can experience by something like simply leaving other possibly interested parties out. If there are no issues with allowing smaller cultures and their pupils to gain a chance to take part, I would like to adjust this channels coding so they can receive it as well.

I suppose it will be the best to wait for a possible message from Rheinland or even Gallia before we start to discuss about the detailed procedure.

Sanae Miyasu,
Republic of Kusari

RE: To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - Atreides2 - 10-07-2017

[Image: IDuxnU.png]

Greetings Miyasu-sama,

Allow me to introduce myself , I am Ryo Kase , Minister of the Crayter Republic.

I must say that when I had seen this notice on my desk I was rather amazed and intrigued. As you know , due to the Republic of Kusari alliance with the Kingdom of Gallia we didn't had any direct contact with any of your representatives or any news.

But this invitation seems interesting and I would like to dispatch some Crayterian representatives. As you know , the Crayter Republic was formed first in the Crayter Sector and as you mentioned, we developed our own culture and identity, our own system of beliefs. When we arrived here in this sector, we were viewed with suspicion, a mere ragtag of ships coming through the Omicrons and having a strange identity. But we have adapted, we have learned to embrace what is new and at this time there are two types of cultures in the Republic , a pre-Sirian and a Sirian one , fed by the numerous liberated slaves and volunteers from Sirius sector.

I would like to send a small team, if you allow, composed of historians and regular citizens, but I must ask what about the security for my people? I am curious if it is possible to detach a small detachment of AIT also to protect them.

And the biggest question relies around Gallia , are there going to be any of their representatives ? As you know , the Crayter Republic and Kingdom of Gallia are currently at war and we do not wish that violence to take place also on your planet.

Kind regards,
Ryo Kase

[Image: 3DtWtx.png]

RE: To: Universities of Sirian Houses and Gallia | Fr: S. Miyasu, Republic of Kusari - Emperor Tekagi - 10-07-2017

"Kon'nichiwa, Kase-san.

I am relieved to see that the Crayterians showed interest into our project, despite the fact that you are still misinformed about our relations to Gallia. An open trade relation as result of a lost war isn't the same as a proper Alliance, but enough of this.

There will be nothing to worry about for your team, we have our own security personnel readied for this already. But you are right, to avoid possible tensions to escalate, all groups will be at one of our universities or high schools by themselves and not together with the other exchange groups. There could be literally a whole star system between your people and the Gallics if you wish to have the maximum of distance towards them.

Sincerely,
Sanae Miyasu,
Republic of Kusari