Discovery Gaming Community
Disconnect on joining the server - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Disconnect on joining the server (/showthread.php?tid=154126)

Pages: 1 2 3

Disconnect on joining the server - Corile - 10-05-2017

I can tell that some other people have had this problem, and I now can't connect either. Any character I join with gets the disconnect message immediately upon joining.

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - Pirate Boka Fexx (House Fexx) - 10-05-2017

Your cd key is in use by a large group of people.

You have most probably installed from a link (that although, is right) didn't tell you you will get crash / compatability issues because cd key is in use. Reinstall with new cd key.

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - Alley - 10-05-2017

(10-05-2017, 11:19 AM)Pirate Boka Fexx (House Fexx) Wrote: Your cd key is in use by a large group of people.

You have most probably installed from a link (that although, is right) didn't tell you you will get crash / compatability issues because cd key is in use. Reinstall with new cd key.

The cd key has absolutely nothing to do with it considering the no-cd patch has been in use for years and said key is not even sent to the server via DirectPlay for any kind of validation.

Accounts are generated on the fly by an algorithm and there is even a generator in DSLauncher. The chances of getting an existing account are slim, although possible as proven over the years. It is however even less likely to log in the same account as someone else at the very same time out of pure coincidence and were it to happen it would only tell you the account is in use.

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - E X O D I T E - 10-05-2017

It's Possible Cheating Detected.

I recommend he does a clean re-install of both vanilla and Discovery.

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - sindroms - 10-05-2017

It seems as though you borked your install.

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - Corile - 10-05-2017

reinstalled everything, still getting kicked

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - Pirate Boka Fexx (House Fexx) - 10-05-2017

No, its the install key im talking about.

everyone has the same one. starts in c, ends in 7, right?

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - SnakThree - 10-05-2017

(10-05-2017, 02:07 PM)Pirate Boka Fexx (House Fexx) Wrote: No, its the install key im talking about.

everyone has the same one. starts in c, ends in 7, right?

You are wrong as it has nothing to do with that.

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - Corile - 10-05-2017

Anyone got any more ideas? I reinstalled it both through Origami's repack and through theisozone iso installer, both are giving me the kicks.

RE: Disconnect on joining the server - SnakThree - 10-05-2017

I remember resetting router and/or laptop's network adapterhelped me with such issues in distant past.