Discovery Gaming Community
To: The =LSF=; Subject: Dagger Complex - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The =LSF=; Subject: Dagger Complex (/showthread.php?tid=154235)

To: The =LSF=; Subject: Dagger Complex - Vulkhard Muller - 10-09-2017

.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Greetings and questions:.

[Image: Rick_zps428d2b13.jpg]

Greetings on behalf of Arbiter Kapp and and myself, Rick Tiltman.

First things first, The Junker's Congress has come under new leadership and with new leadership comes new priorities. Our previous leadership, good as they were, were plagued with Xenophobia.

Do not let my tone fool you, I am not exactly thrilled with arriving in Puerto Rico after a Premium Scrap delivery to Sprague to find an installation has showed up in Puerto Rico in control of a organization who in the past has had a rather frosty relationship with the Congress. Now, I will say I have a few questions:

Why in Puerto Rico, So close to the Rheinland border right on the heels of the end of the war?

Next, Will you allow Congress ships safe passage into the New Hampshire System?

Lastly, Why Synth Foods? Is this installation to be used in an attempt engineer some crop growth? If that is the case we are willing to support in the transporting of food moving it to the locations either you deem appropriate or we have listed as in need of food supplies.

I would also like to apologize, yesterday after I was informed of LSF Ships in Puerto Rico,I may have reacted some what rashly. Though I made no attempt to harm your transport I may have startled the captain, I was slightly frustrated with the uproar on Vieques about LSF being in the system. If we are going to be completely honest, I don't care, you leave us alone we will leave you alone. I feel for the time being that is the best course of action, very Laissez Faire style.

Rick Tiltman,
Deputy Arbiter

RE: To: The =LSF=; Subject: Dagger Complex - Wildkins - 10-09-2017

Incoming Transmission
Liberty Security Force
Dept. of Internal Affairs

Sr. Agent 'Veritas'

Deputy Arbiter Tiltman:

You've asked me a question in three parts. As I have no need for flippancy nor any desire for undue hostility, I'll humor your questions with the best unclassified answers I can afford them.

One. Dagger Complex is in a very strategic position - the Puerto Rico system is in fact very close to Rheinland territory, much more so than New Hampshire or Texas. The key to preventing a war, or a terrorist attack, or a natural disaster, is constant, unflinching vigilance. I am willing to begrudgingly welcome our peace with the Bundesrepublik, but that does not mean I or the Security Force needs to trust it. And even if we did, I remind you of an important maxim: trust, but verify. More importantly, the Complex serves as part of an ever-improving early warning system and intelligence processing facility, key roles that our more covert installations can no longer handle on their own. Upon Dir. Murray's ascension to the position of LSF Director, he noticed a particular weakness in our early-warning net in south-eastern Liberty, and decided to change that. If you have nothing to hide, you should have nothing to fear.

Two. Dagger Complex, while operating as an intelligence facility and thus maintaining high security, currently has no plans to restrict the entrance to New Hampshire in any form other than the current restrictions - that is, none who flippantly break the law by smuggling illegal cargo or flying illicit ships may enter. This should not affect you, I hope.

Finally, Three. Synth Foods is but one agency contracted to help supply the Complex. I will fully admit that the Security Force's strength does not lie in logistics, and we are more than willing to contract the work to the lowest bidder. Synth Foods happened to be one of them. As stated previously, Dagger Complex is an intelligence facility and early-warning outpost, and nothing more.

I'll leave you with one final note, Deputy Arbiter. The LSF only had icy relations because of the Congress' belief that they were above the law. Their stations fired upon Liberty officials within Liberty space, and they suffered the consequences for not righting their ways. I will assume you won't take the same faulty course of action. Thus, I leave it to you to instruct your "congressmen" about the proper forms of discourse. We have much better things to be worrying about.

In service to the Republic.

Senior Agent 'Veritas'
Agent in Command
Dept. of Internal Affairs

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

RE: To: The =LSF=; Subject: Dagger Complex - Gunblader - 10-12-2017

[Image: 8scAOpF.gif]

Forgive my tardiness on getting a response to you, Senior Agent 'Veritas', I've been very busy given recent developments in Puerto Rico. Now I've only been in power a short while, and the gents in Puerto Rico were kind enough to give me a formal tour to see the current status of our operations in Puerto Rico. We boarded the Claymore O'Gordon began our tour. We visited the smelter, paid a visit to the Rogues to make sure they weren't causing any trouble. It was then at that point that the O'Gordon's sensors went off saying an unidentified base was in proximity. So naturally we paid a visit and while frustrating as it was, I convinced the fleet to allow cooler heads to prevail.

Regarding the first comm to you by our Deputy Arbiter, I would ask you to forgive his eagerness and passion. He's merely showing enthusiasm for his new position and is only to striving to impress us back Puerto Rico. Surely you can remember being newly promoted and eager to please.

Now regarding this base and how we, the congress will proceed, I've instructed my guys to not fire on you and to leave you alone. Surely you have Classified business you don't want our eyes to see. Most people come Puerto Rico to get away from prying eyes and I'm sure your un-official reason for being here is no different. However I would ask you to do the same, out of mutual respect. We have nothing to hide of course, but we treasure our privacy. Some people we meet with do not want to be known or recognized, not for illegal reasons, but because it is simply easier for people of their status to not be seen.

You do not need to worry about bases or ships shooting at yours. The defense base La Fortaleza, which I am sure was one of the offending structures shooting at your guys, has been dismantled with no plans to rebuild it. Take it as token of good faith, a sign of new leadership that is willing to improve relations from frosty to something more desirable for both parties.

And finally and most importantly: any Congressmen, regardless of tenure or veteran status, that willingly disobeys the no fire command and opens fire on Dagger complex, will be dealt with and punished personally by me. I have no wish to fight a pointless war with Liberty that will waste too many lives after so many years of conducting successful scrapping business there. I hope this is all agreeable to you.

I wish you warm regards and good business.

Gilbert Kapp

Arbiter of the Junker's Congress

RE: To: The =LSF=; Subject: Dagger Complex - Paddy. - 10-12-2017

To the LSF.

As a Junker lass, and an independent operator, I am deeply concerned that this may well be an abuse of power. Under the Liberty Official Information Act, I would like to see evidence of documentation that this base was approved by the Liberty Authority.

If you do not supply clear unequivocal evidence to support the building of this base, then it must be decommissioned as it is not sanctioned. Do you not agree?

Paddy (Miss)