Discovery Gaming Community
Crossfire MOD - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Crossfire MOD (/showthread.php?tid=154296)

Crossfire MOD - The.Rolling.Stoned - 10-12-2017

(I wasnt sure where to post this)

How would i go about having both Disco and Crossfire installed without them tempering with each other.
example: I play disco a bit and when theres not a lot going on a just go over and play SP crossfire?

Just tick/untick the mod from FLMM?

RE: Crossfire MOD - Daverson.Romeia - 10-12-2017

I would recommend u do is the following.

have to create a back up file of the save game in crossfire somewhere on your computer/Laptop.

after that, U need to delete it and the restart file, cause they will be over runed with discovery ones.

When it's done, U need to un tick the Crossfire Mod in the Freelancer Mod Manager and load up discovery.

It Usually works for me before I quitted Crossfire.

- Mr Daverson

P.s If it goes like it's loading up Crossfire mod, means u did it wrong and may need to reinstall Discovery Mod.

RE: Crossfire MOD - Misfit - 10-12-2017

You obviously cannot have them both in the same installation.

You probably need to back up your crossfire saves whenever you want to play Disco, as Disco deletes vanilla saves and I'm not sure if it'll do the same to your crossfire ones.

It would be ideal to have two separate user accounts, one for your main game and one for the game you play less. That way you won't have to back up your saves.

RE: Crossfire MOD - The.Rolling.Stoned - 10-12-2017

I will try your suggestions. Thank you

RE: Crossfire MOD - Laz - 10-12-2017

If you would like a method that doesn't require a constant backup of saves (assuming you want Crossfire for the single player only) you can use the following hexedit to create local saves that will not conflict with discovery.
File: Common.dll
Code:
Offset: 0A2FB1 | New Value: C7 06 2E 2E 00 00 EB 0E | Old Value: 56 6A 00 6A 00 68 05 80
Offset: 0A300A |New Value: 0C |Old Value:  21
Offset: 0A3018 |New Value: 7C  | Old Value: 13
Offset: 0A30BE |New Value: C7 06 2E 2E 00 00 EB 0E | Old Value: 56 6A 00 6A 00 68 27 80
Offset: 142690 | New Value: "Saves" 00 | Old Value: "My Gam"
(| is used to separate them, not part of the code)

Crossfire, if I recall correctly, uses the 1.1 server patch so this should work for it. If it doesn't you can just use the 1.0 version which is on the starport. You can also use this to rename the folders to whatever you want, provided they don't exceed the existing amount of characters. (You have to remove the old values with zeros if you decide to do that).

If it works your game should now load saves from the root folder and your file structure will look something akin to this: link
This entire thing should circumvent the removal of saves and the restart.fl bug that you'll encounter if you use Crossfire without clearing your Discovery saves.

Edit: If this is too hard to understand, look at my youtube channel where I did a video on how edit hex values. If you still can't work it out let me know and I'll record a video showing you how, or patch the crossfire common.dll directly and send it to you.