Discovery Gaming Community
Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 (/showthread.php?tid=154297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - sasapinjic - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 11:41 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Why not add a CD to the Cloak Disruptor, similar to the Cruiser Disruptor Platform, then? That would turn it into a mighty AoE support weapon, being able to interrupt cruise, cloak and jump.
Why not indead?
That or simply alowe only wasp CD to disrupt jump charge and hornet to disrupt Cloak charge. That way player can choose betwen best CD or weak CD that can disrupt something.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - sindroms - 10-12-2017

We currently do not have a plugin that would CD a jumpdrive and not a cloak and not on all CDs. It would need to be made from scratch.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Sombs - 10-12-2017

Fair enough, then.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - sindroms - 10-12-2017

Technically, if it is still ''feasible enough'' to cloak out of a battle with a cap - we can always reduce the charge time to fit cloaks of the same cap-type.
Minus the IV one, of course.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Stoner_Steve - 10-12-2017

As I'm not much of a PvP'er I tend to view things in only the scope of "how can I make credits with this" and I'm happy to see that jump's will become as (or close to as) expensive as they were before with the introduction of its own fuel type. Because believe me I was quite excited at the prospect of being able to jump anywhere with about a thousand units of cargo worry free.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - nOmnomnOm - 10-12-2017

Personally i dont like that you did 2 systems on the range.... why? If transports cannot jumptrade anymore than why would you limit to 2 jump systems??? this is the smallest yet!
Also do blind jumps get effected from this?

Also 3.5 mins for a charge are you insane???
The people that have been using the JD know that that is quite an excessive time!

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Sand_Spider - 10-12-2017

I kind of like the idea of re-working cloak disruptors into a catch-all cloak/jump drive/jump scanner/etcetera interrupt. Sure, it would still be a reactionary tool, but at least then it would be reactionary to everything, which might encourage a little more use. Perhaps then we might see a few more Grizzlies and Democritus' out there, since they have that sweet, sweet extra CM slot.

@nOmnomnOm I'm not sure about jump ranges, as I do not own a drive myself, but did @sindroms mean that all jump drives can be used to jump twice per full charge, rather than having a 2-system range? I'm not sure about the wording of the original post, but that's how I read it.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Foxglove - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:54 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Personally i dont like that you did 2 systems on the range.... why? If transports cannot jumptrade anymore than why would you limit to 2 jump systems??? this is the smallest yet!

The people that have been using the JD know that that is quite an excessive time!

Uh, the jump range has been removed completely. You don't have a 4 system range anymore, so you also don't have a 2 system range. Did you read the OP?

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - St.Denis - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:54 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Personally i dont like that you did 2 systems on the range.... why? If transports cannot jumptrade anymore than why would you limit to 2 jump systems??? this is the smallest yet!

I am sure that this says it all:

Quote:0. JumpDrive jump range removed.

The first and largest step forward is the removal of the 4 system jump limitation. Jumpdrives are now capable of jumping to any system, granted you have fuel. It should be noted that IDs with ship-ZOI limitations are still bound by their lines in the case where their ships aren't allowed to enter systems with gates, for example.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - nOmnomnOm - 10-12-2017

3. JumpDrives of all kinds are intended for two jumps per full charge.

In order to encourage offensive usage, all jumpdrives are now capable to make two jumps per full charge. This also includes the 4 series jumpdrive which is now capable of jumping other players more comfortably due to its increased jump bubble of 1000 meters.
The charge time for all drives, except for the IV Series, have remained the same. The IV series now takes roughly 3,5min.

Can we have clarity please on what 2 Jumps means....

but still... 3.5 mins for a charge is horrendously long if you have lots of people waiting. I understand that you want that time in order to kill a cap trying to run away but i suggest reducing it to 2 mins.
NPCs are annoying when Jumping. They bump you the wrong way and you have to charge all over again.

Edit: okay i understand the wording now about the range