Discovery Gaming Community
Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) (/showthread.php?tid=154317)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - DannyDelicious - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 07:44 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: The game has enough to cater newcomers. A map of 150 accessible systems, over 50 factions and subfactions, over 100 playable ships, different loadouts and equipments, etc. Freelancer pretty much carries itself alone. It is the lategame content that keeps players here. That being said, it is not like people are only working on lategame stuff. We have people like Spazzy who use their media to advertise the game, we have noob-friendly factions like IMG that give some structure and entertainment, we almost have always someone sitting at Trenton that shows how the roleplay is done ingame. Thousands of tutorials, platforms to ask questions. What else more do you want for newcomers? Give examples.

But maybe in another thread.

Tell that to the HUGE influx of players

RE: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - Sombs - 10-13-2017

Okay, you're obviously not here to contribute.

RE: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - DannyDelicious - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 07:47 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Okay, you're obviously not here to contribute.

In honesty I'm just not sure I care about what you have to say when I've seen your YT and all you seem to do is sit there in silence flying around a system for a hour. Doing literally nothing. Sometimes you might record an interaction or a fight going on but for the most part you seem to take enjoyment out of a lot of nothing. And sadly most gamers don't care about a lot of nothing. I'm more interested in trying to get new people than catering to people who are already addicted. DrugDealer School 101. Addicts don't need free shots.

(10-13-2017, 07:40 PM)Auzari Wrote: yeah sorry bud but modding get's a little difficult when you work in a very limited engine and microsoft manages to lose the source code,

"Work" yeah whatever man I've seen what half the dev team do and it's mostly ini editing, textures or other very basic forms of "Development"

the only devs I think are relevant are Alley/Alex/Swallow and previously cannon, sure ini editors are gap fillers but also highly replaceable.

I haven't found the engine that limited and I only spent a month doing RE. For what it's worth. I'm not going to try and re-build half life in Freelancers Engine. Freelancer is freelancer I don't know what more you expect from it

RE: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - SnakThree - 10-14-2017

Have you contributed to Discovery yourself? Or are you here like some hate preacher? If you don't have ideas and can only provide negative feedback to volunteered staff then you are just a negativity addict it seems.

RE: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - nOmnomnOm - 10-14-2017

Hey thanks for derailing the thread becasue you dont agree with it guys. Im sure a moderator would have punished me if I did it but you guys are okay.

RE: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - SnakThree - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 06:11 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Hey thanks for derailing the thread becasue you dont agree with it guys. Im sure a moderator would have punished me if I did it but you guys are okay.

Please answer the questions already provided to you.

RE: Money Sinks - They do more harm than good (an argument) - nOmnomnOm - 10-14-2017

Im not retarded.

You are neither right if you cannot explain why are you contradicting yourself on multiple occasions. ggwp

(10-14-2017, 06:50 AM)SnakThree Wrote: You are neither right if you cannot explain why are you contradicting yourself on multiple occasions. ggwp

Yeah sure you keep on thinking that Smile