Discovery Gaming Community
To: Quartermaster of the Liberty Navy [LN] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Quartermaster of the Liberty Navy [LN] (/showthread.php?tid=154494)

To: Quartermaster of the Liberty Navy [LN] - Wildkins - 10-18-2017

Incoming Transmission

Liberty Security Force
Dept. of Tactical Operations

To whom it may concern:

I'd like to introduce myself. Dr. Reginald Lansing, Chief Engineer and Quartermaster for the Department of Tactical Operations, Liberty Security Force. I'm contacting you today in the hopes that we can receive some assistance, as you are an expert in the field we are about to enter.

I have been charged by the good Director to augment our heavy assets wherever possible, and chief among them is the Interdictor-class platform, our primary Battlecruiser and a great multi-role vessel, which is precisely why the Security Force employs them. At last count the Security Force has some fifty odd Interdictor-class assets in active use (you'll forgive my lack of specificity for operational security) and about half that many in reserve or refit. The vast majority of these Interdictor hulls are outfit with two cells of anti-ship missiles, the same sort of ASM I'm sure the Navy employs on its own battlecruiser-types.

Some of our more experienced field officers have recently expressed the opinion that they'd find increased combat effectiveness if the ASM stores on the Interdictor were able to be increased, and/or we were able to add a third cell of ASMs to the Interdictor. As it stands, my engineers have reported that this is all but impossible with the current Libertonian manufactures, and the Director doesn't wish to bother DSE or Ageira with attempting a costly re-design of a well-tested weapon in the middle of a full-scale war. So, we went for another option - lend-lease.

Bretonian lend-lease, specifically. They were kind enough to lend us five examples of their ASM technology, which on the surface seems to operate on a smaller casing with a more powerful warhead, leaving the effectiveness otherwise equal. Our only major stumbling block so far has been interfacing the ASM's systems with the Interdictor itself, something we have managed to accomplish with somewhat severe inefficiencies.

Now, I am aware the Liberty Navy has some quite extensive lend-lease deals with the Bretonian Armed Forces, and the First Fleet in particular operates as a relative testbed for a variety of those leased vessels and technologies. If you have any guidance on this matter, we would be most appreciative for the assistance. My principal desire is to increase our combat effectiveness, a goal I'm sure you all share in this time of war.

My thanks in advance.

Dr. Reginald Lansing
Chief Engineer
Dept. of Tactical Operations

Important: This communication remains the property of the Libertonian Armed Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807 A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.