Discovery Gaming Community
JD rework - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: JD rework (/showthread.php?tid=154716)

Pages: 1 2

JD rework - Epo - 10-23-2017

Since I'm not as up to date as I used to be, is JD + bs scanner possible or nay?

RE: JD rework - ronillon - 10-23-2017

I have JD3,HSM2 and Battleship scanner on one ship. It works fine.

RE: JD rework - Epo - 10-23-2017

Sheep I meant Bs cloak xddxd

FAAAAIILLL.

RE: JD rework - Sombs - 10-23-2017

Yes. You can cloak and then use the JD MK4 to jump people out without them seeing it.

RE: JD rework - Nerva Regis - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 06:27 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Yes. You can cloak and then use the JD MK4 to jump people out without them seeing it.

Are you still cloaked when you arrive to destination?

RE: JD rework - diamond1 - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 06:27 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Yes. You can cloak and then use the JD MK4 to jump people out without them seeing it.

This needs changing because it’s been teleporting my friends around Sirius killing the gameplay in the process due to cloaked people. A friend was in Cambridge only to get jumped by capital ships to Pennsylvania. Have one, not the both of them.

(10-23-2017, 06:37 PM)diamond1 Wrote:

This needs changing because it’s been teleporting my friends around Sirius killing the gameplay in the process due to cloaked people. A friend was in Cambridge only to get jumped by capital ships to Pennsylvania. Have one, not the both of them.

You still need to write two lines of RP before abducting people. All you need to do is be careful when cloakers are around, not sit next to each other without movement (JD4-capable ships are pretty bad at manouvering), and you can use both Cloak Disruptors and Cruise Disruptors, both even pre-emptively.

I do agree, though. People are mad enough about cloak since people use it to buttcloak (and demand the removal of cloaks instead of having cloaks eating weapon energy to prevent any buttcloaking), and Nomads have to decide between cloak and jumps either. On the other hand, the only problem here is the MK4. I think before toys get removed, putting up some solid rules about the usage of Cloaks and Jump Drives in that combination are more easy and constructive than making all people suffer for the trolling of a very few people. We have enough of that mentality in Discovery already.

N
(10-23-2017, 06:54 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 06:37 PM)diamond1 Wrote:

You still need to write two lines of RP before abducting people. All you need to do is be careful when cloakers are around, not sit next to each other without movement (JD4-capable ships are pretty bad at manouvering), and you can use both Cloak Disruptors and Cruise Disruptors, both even pre-emptively.

I do agree, though. People are mad enough about cloak since people use it to buttcloak (and demand the removal of cloaks instead of having cloaks eating weapon energy to prevent any buttcloaking), and Nomads have to decide between cloak and jumps either. On the other hand, the only problem here is the MK4. I think before toys get removed, putting up some solid rules about the usage of Cloaks and Jump Drives in that combination are more easy and constructive than making all people suffer for the trolling of a very few people. We have enough of that mentality in Discovery already.
Cloaking alone was never an issue for me. It’s an issue now that this is here. The two ships in particular would have seen him but they remained silent when they jumped. And my friend lost progress as he had to take a longer way around then.

Report then.

(10-23-2017, 07:09 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Report then.

Not my say since he saw it. i am merely saying it’s a problem from power gamers since now it can be dragged into the problem for others. I like how the cloak and jump drives are now, but just don’t make them both compatible