Discovery Gaming Community
So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. (/showthread.php?tid=154723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - mayu20 - 10-24-2017

I think people should see the PvP as a extension to RP. After all, this is a RP server. If you want "good and fair PvP" go play some games that focus on that aspect.
There are a lot of space based PvP games that are free and online. Fractured Space, Star conflict, Dreadnought (this is a really nice capital ship game you should try), but Discovery is a RP server, and it has a ancient engine.

RE: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - Antonio - 10-24-2017

PvP = RP.

RE: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - Reliant - 11-02-2017

So I have played what other uses have suggested and reached the same conclusion that the balancing is off, the RP is bad and fights lasts too long.

Armor upgrades is what truly breaks it, as you sacrifice nothing but cargo space.

If the balance team would follow any kind of sound balancing methods, you would balance more armor with slower movement or less energy output for weapons. Not just a pure upgrade.

I have now played a lot of PvP as Capships, bombers, light fighters and heavy fighters. Still capship battles are the only ones worth anything, since you can't dodge in a capship. However smaller fighters can dodge forever and have effective infinite health due to the games poor design in terms of PvP and free movement.

I was once a Heavy fighter vs a bomber. I outmanouvered him and unloaded tons of lasers, bombs and mines on him, for his hull only to take minor damage (as he had a high tier armor buff), so even when I do everything right in terms of aiming and hitting my shots, just because some guy has invested more time (which is money) and no skill is required to use an armor upgrade, he won. And that is so bad design I can't even believe it.

What other games allows you to purchase more health at the cost of just money? The only other games that has this kind of health increase with no drawbacks are games that are F2P where you have to pull out your creditcard to get the buff.

So in conclusion with all my experiences, being part of a raid and such, the pvp is still bad and the balance of the game is awful, armor upgrades needs to go as they completely break any kind of balance integrity system, but it seems nobody cares about that and will just keep on doing what they like, so I will just leave you to that.

A shame to see such potential wasted

RE: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - sindroms - 11-02-2017

You are still playing only gallic ships. Diversify your playfield.

RE: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - Triple Hazard Pay Inc. - 11-02-2017

(11-02-2017, 06:09 PM)Reliant Wrote: So I have played what other uses have suggested and reached the same conclusion that the balancing is off, the RP is bad and fights lasts too long.

Armor upgrades is what truly breaks it, as you sacrifice nothing but cargo space.

If the balance team would follow any kind of sound balancing methods, you would balance more armor with slower movement or less energy output for weapons. Not just a pure upgrade.

I have now played a lot of PvP as Capships, bombers, light fighters and heavy fighters. Still capship battles are the only ones worth anything, since you can't dodge in a capship. However smaller fighters can dodge forever and have effective infinite health due to the games poor design in terms of PvP and free movement.

I was once a Heavy fighter vs a bomber. I outmanouvered him and unloaded tons of lasers, bombs and mines on him, for his hull only to take minor damage (as he had a high tier armor buff), so even when I do everything right in terms of aiming and hitting my shots, just because some guy has invested more time (which is money) and no skill is required to use an armor upgrade, he won. And that is so bad design I can't even believe it.

What other games allows you to purchase more health at the cost of just money? The only other games that has this kind of health increase with no drawbacks are games that are F2P where you have to pull out your creditcard to get the buff.

So in conclusion with all my experiences, being part of a raid and such, the pvp is still bad and the balance of the game is awful, armor upgrades needs to go as they completely break any kind of balance integrity system, but it seems nobody cares about that and will just keep on doing what they like, so I will just leave you to that.

A shame to see such potential wasted

Let me get this straight. You DIDN'T buy the 60% damage reduction and expect everyone else to do the same? News flash: I like being able to survive longer in the field. By your logic we should do away with bots/bats too because they increase survivability.

Friendly reminder: FREELANCER WAS NEVER MADE WITH MULTIPLAYER BALANCE IN MIND.

(sun)

RE: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - Karst - 11-02-2017

Armor upgrades are mandatory on any combat ship. If you're actually complaining about them you evidently lack a very basic understanding of pvp balance in this game.
This has been the case for as long as I can remember and probably years before that. The current balance situation is the result of years of changes, overhauls and finetuning, and although nothing is perfect, you clearly have no idea of what the actual issues might be.

Nobody is going to listen to a noob that rolls in here, arrogantly calling everything trash and proposing their own magical fixes that will make everything better when they don't have a clue of what they're talking about.

RE: So many years developing this mod, and PVP is still utter garbage. - sindroms - 11-02-2017

Considering your need to make another ''this sucks'' thread and your attitude in the previous one, I am going to close this one as well, before the community eats you alive.

Good luck in your future endeavors in whatever community you are leaving to.