Discovery Gaming Community
Factions-activity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Factions-activity (/showthread.php?tid=154945)

Pages: 1 2

Factions-activity - Mr.Mike. - 10-31-2017

I do not know exactly, but I'll start.

Let's talk about the activity in the official factions. Some of you in such factions consisted, someone will soon get there, someone still has not left his favorite place in such a faction. But I'm not here to discuss any faction, to criticize it ... No. I'm here to talk about activism in the official factions.

And in fact it is valid: how often players from [LN] come into play only for a simple RP-gaming? I answer: never. Even the elementary answer on forums from them you will not wait. It seems that everyone has their own business, and everyone has a personal life. And I have nothing against it. But there is one thing: why did only one person answer for one faction? Just give an example: some factions have deputies who are responsible for leaders who may be absent. Question: Where was that deputy at that moment? Answer: probably, either, or threw the game, or felt that he was not needed here, and simply began to ignore requests from other factions when the faction leader was offline.

Go ahead. This is my favorite. This time I will touch on the topic of events. Listen, the administration, what kind of nonsense? That is, if I become an official faction (my sixth fleet) and organize some event in my favor (for example, after the Liberty event progresses in Magellan), can I do nothing and wait until it ends? And after the end of the event, will Liberty really advance in Magellan? You also had a killer count, on which the outcome of the event depended. Question: where is he now? I'll just explain even more elementary: the combat group Harmony, together with the Hackers and Unioners, made the event. But how much I have not been online, I could not have been in any real collision with the members of their battlegroup. Unioners were (like hackers). But where was that "Harmony" that looks so cool in the RP and everything else, but so inactive? I fight against this battlegroup about 3-5 times for my entire game in Disco.

Okay. Let's say I can be wrong, but not here for sure. Administration, you sometimes run me through with your piece "plot conceived in advance." It's just... Sometimes it does take place, but more often than not there is no sense in it. For example, I have friends from Russia who have already given up this game, but they participated in the war between Liberty and Rheiland. And I must say that they knew all the events of the war. According to them, Rheiland won and extremely badly, but Liberty somehow won the war in any way. Listen, or they are wrong, or you made yourself felt again.

That is, in fact, I think everything was like this: official organizations thought that the game depends on them and did operations, events. In short, everything that affected the Lore. But the administration stupidly scored on them and did as she wanted. As a result, we have a small online, and if the events and change the Lore, then only on condition that the Administration needs it to promote the "conceived plot." Simply, you see. This is not RP, when the plot is thought out in advance. This is a waste of time for what will be. If the situation with the unofficial factions can be understood, then I can not understand why the official do nothing? And if there is no sense from them, why not replace the leader? The administration can issue sanctions and ban, as well as influence the plot. So who prevents it from changing the leader of the faction, which, as people, has already ceased to be respected?

The post was made based on the fact of rage and almost zero online in the game, and also because only ADMINISTRATION can influence the plot of the game, and not the players themselves. Comments in the direction of this post will be read, but you will not get an answer. I do not want to waste time. Just a splash of rage.

RE: Factions-activity - Mr.Mike. - 10-31-2017

Yes and another comment: the fifth fleet has, at the moment, quite good activity, and I think that if they improve in some places, they can be changed [LN], from which the sense and activity - zero.

RE: Factions-activity - Corile - 10-31-2017

So what is your problem?

RE: Factions-activity - Enkidu - 10-31-2017

We can influence the plot of the game, tho'. It's a myth we can't.

Do diplo RP in an official faction. You don't even have to be the leader - just do anything in an official group.

The actions of Unofficials indirectly or directly influence officials, which can have knock-on effects. See Ezrail Vertiga and Freeport whatever in Omicron Delta.

RE: Factions-activity - Sombs - 10-31-2017

That's Kyu Akibara and Freeport 11 in Delta. Ezrael only slept with Loyola, that's another kind of diplomacy.

RE: Factions-activity - Laura C. - 10-31-2017

To the OP: I could try to explain you few things, but if you state yourself that you will not bother replying because you do not want to waste time with discussion, why should I invest my time in explaining stuff to you.

But at least one thing - Liberty-Rheinland war ended without winner, Liberty did not win.

RE: Factions-activity - Morosz - 10-31-2017

(10-31-2017, 10:50 AM)Corile Wrote: So what is your problem?

What he said. Whats your problem exactly?

RE: Factions-activity - Backo - 10-31-2017

@Loyola got exiled into Core| and suddenly Outcasts and Order sign peace. And you're saying players have no influence over the plot. (^:

RE: Factions-activity - Croft - 10-31-2017

From what I can understand its a misdirected rant aimed at the admins for storyline direction and a general complaint about why factions never appear ingame to play out their roles.

Then its why only one person seems to reply to comm posts, possibly about it taking too long for them to answer.

Another about events being pre-scripted, something about the event "The Spyglass Game" I think? Another bit about factions not logging in.

He then goes on to say that some of his friends who left previously fought in the Liberty-Rhienland war and considered Rhienland to be the winners, yet Liberty apparently won?

Finally a rant about how official factions can influence the lore but lays the blame against the admin team for going against the percieved outcome based on scores, another bit about events being pre-decided and how its the reason for low player count. Blames the admins again for doing it because such things are not RP. Something about how unofficial factions aren't listened to yet inactive factions are, and why their leaders aren't removed by the admins.

Ragepost, will read but won't reply etc etc

TLDR:
Official factions are never online, only for events.
Events have their outcomes decided in advance, rendering them pointless.
Factions don't reply to posts quick enough because only one person seems to do it.
Admins are to blame.
Why are such factions allowed to influence the storyline but unofficials can't.
Official faction leaders should be removed if their faction doesn't do what its supposed to.
Rage.

RE: Factions-activity - Enkidu - 11-01-2017

Well, 5th, wilde, [LN] RFP, BDM, Kruger, BAF, BMF, [HF], Gateway, LSF, a few others, and (obvs) Unioners log in without the need for events. And IMG does when Jack wants to be around.

As for one person doing everything it's usually just not enough people feeling confident with forum RP, so the leader ends up doing lots of it, not monopolization. I love it when other people do UN diplo so I don't have to.