Discovery Gaming Community
To: Forlorn Hope - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Forlorn Hope (/showthread.php?tid=155264)

To: Forlorn Hope - Vendetta - 11-09-2017

[Image: ZZ4oo3b.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Keeper Leviathan
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: ANDRASTE
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Congratulationns

____

Congratulations are in order.

If it wasn't for your strike, the defense force wouldn't have had a chance to regroup. One of our pilots offered a sum for carrying out the job, so ping an account and it will be forwarded.

I appreciate that you chose to stick around and aid in countering the largest offensive push they've made. Having the Corsair fleet on their side makes waging this war a lot more difficult, but as I'm sure you've seen in the public release, The Order are clearly compromised and out of their minds. I've dispatched a missive to the division that chose to denounce their actions, and hopefully this will allow those who still hold true to the dogma of the original Order of Cincinnatus to stand tall and fight against their doomed comrades.

I hope to see you in the future continuing to fight the good fight.

- Keeper Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Forlorn Hope - Nick Stenn - 11-09-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: High

[Image: ByHBBZY.png]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Haven
  • »»» Sender ID: Nick Stenn
  • »»» Recipient ID: Keeper Leviathan
  • »»» Subject: The Future

Keeper

Your people and mine have had our problems in the past, but as we've already reflected, this isn't the first time we've fought side by side either. The addition of the Corsair forces were, while not unexpected, troubling. I regret that the use of the weapon was needed, but it was the only chance we had to fight back.

The public release certainly is interesting, and while it seems clear that the Order has forgotten their roots, I have seen enough evidence that the Order itself is fragmented. I believe your own forces were recently bolstered. Regardless of the reasons, and knowing that it is unlikely that you will allow my words to lend any significant weight to your plans, I'd suggest a measured approach towards the Order as we try to determine just how many are willing to return to the original ideals of the Order of Cincinnatus. That said, perhaps it is time for us to move towards a more beneficial arrangement with regards to our two organizations.

Here's hoping for a swift end to the bloodshed and for a return to stability. I'm certain we'll meet again Keeper. After all, we are neighbors.

Attachments:
Forlorn|-Bank

CLOSING TRANSMISSION

RE: To: Forlorn Hope - Vendetta - 11-09-2017

[Image: UMPXT6B.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID:Keeper Leviathan
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: Blocked
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: N/A

____

Mister Stenn,

Regret comes in a time of reflection following a crisis. Whether you had used it or not, the station wouldn't have survived the attack. The Corsairs have a knack for overwhelming force. Don't let it weigh heavily on you now.

There's also a very definitive difference between our definitions of war. Unlike some organizations, we are capable of compassion. Like we offered the Overwatch, everyone will be given a chance to decide where they stand in this conflict. Inside the Overwatch, outside of the Overwatch. Their war with us started with them, like every conflict they've entered when they failed to get their way. They made threats against our leaders, our founder and children born in our ranks. They care little for the consequences of their actions as they believe they are morally above everyone. That level of self-righteousness is difficult to surpass, but over the last couple of years there have been several cases of people leaving their ranks. Even members of The Overwatch itself.

Our definition of war is one that does not rely solely on bloodshed, but subterfuge. Politics. Manipulation. It's much easier to provoke the enemy of our enemy into fighting our enemy, than to risk our small number of assets in direct combat. Isolating key targets and installations for precision strikes to hinder or halt operations in one fell swoop, so to speak. All the while, we keep people informed on what's happening and work with others affected by the actions of our foe. Charging head first in to a war is why it took several days and multiple failed attempts for The Order to await the support of The Corsairs. That is the mistake most people make. Assuming that brute force can overwhelm cautious evaluation and strategy, and it's why it's always useful to know your enemy.

The money has been forwarded.

- Leviathan

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

RE: To: Forlorn Hope - Nick Stenn - 11-09-2017

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: High

[Image: ByHBBZY.png]

:::ACCESS GRANTED:::
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Haven
  • »»» Sender ID: Nick Stenn
  • »»» Recipient ID: Keeper Leviathan
  • »»» Subject: The Future

Keeper,

Very well. I can't promise large scale assistance, as I'm sure the landscape of Sirius is about to be subject to changes, but you will be able to count on Forlorn assistance where possible. Make your plans and gather the information you need. We will be returning to more standard operations for the time being, but you know how to find us when its time.

Attachments:
---none---

CLOSING TRANSMISSION