Discovery Gaming Community
Fort Lune [OLD] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Forum: Sirius News and Commerce (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: Fort Lune [OLD] (/showthread.php?tid=155506)

Fort Lune [OLD] - MasterL410 - 11-15-2017

Fort Lune Research Station

Fort Lune was build in 738 A.G.S. by a group of gallic citizens. The goal of this operation was to research for special equipment, similar to those used by the sirian forces.
In 739 A.G.S. the amount of scientists on the base has doubled and the owning group, named the 410th Army, has ordered to research for more things then just military equipment.
They started to search for new engine techniques to reduce the amount of Oil used in the cruise process, aswell as new blueprints for combat and trading ships, to make them less expensive.
In 740 A.G.S. the base was expanded a lot, now coming with an Hyperspace Scanner Factory, an Cloaking Device Factory and an Jump Drive Factory, aswell as some defensive modules.
Fort Lune houses more than 400 crew members aswell as around 200 scientists. The base is divided in 9 departments:

1. The Docks
At the docks cargo gets loaded and unloaded, ships get repaired and fueled and the pilots are welcomed.

2. The Residence
Not only the rooms of the crewworkers and scientists, but also some bars and other rooms to make the life of the staff more comfortable.
There are obviously also some guest rooms, where buisness partners can stay and deals can be made.

3. The Cargo Bays
At the cargo bays all commodities are stored until they get shipped, consumed or are used in productions.

4. The Research Laboratories
The main research area of the base. All kinds of unknown material, new techniques and other secrets are researched and dissolved there.
Only high ranked scientists, Royal Navy or Royal Intelligence and 410th Army members are allowed inside the Research Laboratories.

5. Weapon Factory
Here are special weapons researched and built. The variety of guns ranges from Light Fighter Guns to Mass Destruction weapons. The main focus however lies on equipping the 410th members aswell as the Gallic forces with fighter and light capitalship weapons and shields.
Only high ranked scientists, Royal Navy or Royal Intelligence and 410th Army members are allowed inside the Weapon Factory.

6. Hyperspace Scanner Factory
Here the Hyperspace Survey Modules are researched and produced. They are able to create the coordinates of any place, in any sector of the univers.
Only high ranked scientists, Royal Navy or Royal Intelligence and 410th Army members are allowed inside the Hyperspace Scanner Factory.

7. Cloaking Device Factory
One of the most secured area on the base. Cloaking Devices need very rare, dangerous and expensive materials to be build. The outcome however is worth it: Cloaking Devices can be used to move unseen, sneak on an enemy or just to get away safely.
Only high ranked scientists, Royal Navy or Royal Intelligence and 410th Army members are allowed inside the Cloaking Device Factory.

8. Jump Drive Factory
In this factory the 410th produces Jump Drive Devices for Gallia, but also has a main focus on researching possible ways to counter them. Jump Drives in general are a risk to use, so the scientists try to reduce the risk as much as possible. The scientists of the Jump Drive Factory cooperate with the Research Laboratories to find new, less fuel consuming ways to cross space.
Only high ranked scientists, Royal Navy or Royal Intelligence and 410th Army members are allowed inside the Jump Drive Factory.

9. Docking Module Factory
In this rather big production hall, docking bays for capital ships are build and maintained. It is the first attempt of the 410th to go for the basics of ship building.

10. Cloak Distruptor Factory
With the wide availability of Cloaking Devices, the 410th quickly felt the need to develope counter technologies for the devices they produce. This factory produces high-quality cloak distruptors, which are able to temporarily disable any cloaking device in the area - both, of allied and of enemy ships.
Only high ranked scientists, Royal Navy or Royal Intelligence and 410th Army members are allowed inside the Cloak Distruptor Factory.

11. Coordination Center
The main office of the base administrator and the Army leader. All plans regarding research and productions are made here.
Only 410th Army members and invited guests have access to the Coordination Center.

The base is currently selling their products to lawful customers which have a friendly reputation towards the 410th Army and the Kingdom of Gallia.

Current base administrtor is: 410th|Laveira
Current co-administrator is: 410th|Master L

All lawful gallic ships are welcomed to have a stay in our residence. We hope you will enjoy your stay.

RE: Fort Lune - MasterL410 - 12-04-2017

<<Uploading data>>
ID: Evan Assesailly - Docking Master Fort Lune
Subject: Stocktaking
Date: 12/04/740 A.G.S.

Dear madame Laveira, I hereby write all data regarding my work at the Docking Bays of Fort Lune. You will find all important informations below.
Sincèrement,
Evan Assesailly

Start of operations: 06/16/740 A.G.S.

Total of imported goods: 7.962.312 units

Total of exported products: 30

Exported products:
Light Cloaking Device: 3
Cloaking Device MKII: 3
Cloaking Device MKIII: 2
Cloaking Device MKII Advanced: 10
Jump Drive Series III: 3
Jump Drive Series IV: 2
Hyperspace Survey Module MKII: 1
Hyperspace Survey Module MKIII: 3
Hyperspace Matrix Module MKI: 1

Prices per unit can be found here: ***

Total income: 7.465.000.000 g.f.

Currently 2 outstanding orders. One is in production, 110.000 units of material left. The other one will follow.

Total hours of transporter work (rounded): 487 hours

I hope you found the data above useful, M. Laveira, please contact me privately about the new changes for the import section of the station you mentioned.
Docking Master signing out.

<<Signal lost - message saved>>

RE: Fort Lune - MasterL410 - 06-03-2018

<<Uploading data>>
ID: Master L - Co-administrator Fort Lune
Subject: Weapon research
Date: 06/02/741 A.G.S.

Step one: Analysis of the obtained Scientific Data
Research log of Master L

The Scientific Data which the Marine Royale Gauloise gave us has been stored at the Research Laboratories. I will give you a brief description of the said items:

[Image: sGQGtP0.png]
[Image: yAWsOvJ.png]

We were already able to find out most of the relevant informations. It's about the different particles in space and the electric energy they possess.
It seems that the particles usually are neutrally charged, with the same amount of protons and electrons. This means that they have no impact on the surroundings.

Well, that's basically what the data says, just with a few more explanations. I hope this information will be useful for this projekt.
Now, research team, let me hear your best ideas and we will see if it is possible.
Master L signing out.

<<Uploading data>>
ID: Imia - Weapon Designer, co-research director of Fort Lune
Date: 06/03/741 A.G.S.

Step two: Planning the weapon
Research log of Imia

I have asked my teammembers aswell as my master about this complicated matter. We had to find a way create a incomparable strong weapon with this... not too useful data. Just knowing that particles in space are charged neutral did not seem to be the best way to cause our enemies any damage - at first! After a few hours of brainstorming we finally had a idea that could work. I will explain it as easy as I can:

As you said, the molecules we find in space are usually neutral charged, with the same amount of protons, electrons and neutrons.
They do not show any useful reaction - unless you change this fact. By adding one or more electrons to the molecul, they begin to show a electric reaction.
This reaction can cause damage to weak electric equipment. In our tests, the "overcharged" molecul did give out a energy blast strong enough to turn off a light bulb. Of course we did not use nearly as many molecules as there are in space. We did not want to blow anything up... well, not again.
The next question was: How do we get this effect to work on enemy capital ships?

I personally found the solution for this. We create a gun, which shoots a negatively charged projectile. As the electrons are, of course, very small, we can also have a small projectile, which is good. It can't be seen and dogded easily, so we will land many heavy hits.
The idea is: We shoot the electrons in the projectile so they do only affect the molecules around the hit target and not the own ship. Only if the gun hits a target, the electrons get released. Within milliseconds they will change the surrounding neutral molecules to negatively charged Ions. They then will hurt any electric systems in the close area of a few meters.
Mostly that are the powercores of the heavy capital ships. The projectile will not have a damage dealing effect, but the enemy will also not be able to shoot when their powercore is reduced.
If we can realise this project, we will have a powerful gun for our capital ships, which will give us an tactical advantage over our enemies.
If we can bring enough ships with such turrets, the hostile warships will not deal us much damage, while our own capital ships can destroy them one after another.

This is a really important project, and I hope we will be able to produce this item in our weapon factory.

There are still some concerns which we can only check with a field test. Don't worry, we can definitely rule out that this effect will cause any major hull damage to the ships in the area. Only fightercraft not protected by a shield are in danger when they get close.

Now it's time for the Weapon Factory to show what they can do.
Imia signing out.

<<Uploading data>>
ID: Master L - co-administrator of Fort Lune
Subject: Weapon construction of the "Ion Blaster"

Step three: Constructing the weapon
Research log of Master L

Now that we finally know what to build, the most important work is done.
By studiyng the blueprints of the Gallic capital weapon slots, which were provided by the MRG, I had a good idea: As the hardpoints are almost the same on cruisers and battleships, we can actually produce those weapons for cruisers, too. Gunboats do not have enough firepower to shoot the projectiles far enough. The smaller capital ships will of course need a smaller gun. But I think this will be doable. I had our artificial intelligence create the blueprints of the turret. This version is not final, but it will look something like that:

[Image: Bsrazor.png]

It also printed a list of ressources which we will need to create those turrets. When all this is delivered, we can construct the cruiser and battleship turrets.

One battleship Ion Blaster will require the following materials:

5.000 Shape-memory Alloy
2.500 Magnets
2.500 Energy Field Equipment
2.500 Nanotubes

We will create two samples of this.

One cruiser Ion Blaster will require the following materials:

2.500 Shape-memory Alloy
1.250 Magnets
1.250 Energy Field Equipment
1.250 Nanotubes

We will create two samples of this.

All this cargo should be delivered to our hangar at Planet Orleans. I have informed our transport devision, they will tell you here when the commodities are ready to be used.
Master L signing out.

<<Uploading data>>
ID: Laveira - Administrator of Fort Lune, leader of the transport division
Subject: Delivery of the required materials

Step four: Using the materials to build the turrets
Transport log of Laveira

The requested cargo has been delivered by our allies. It was stored at Planet Orleans for a short time and is now being shipped to Fort Lune.
I will give you the delivery details below. With this, we can finally build the weapon. This will take some time, though.
I will tell you when we are ready to deliver it to the Marine Royale Gauloise.

Proof of delivery to Planet Orleans: [X]

Laveira signing out.

RE: Fort Lune - MasterL410 - 04-14-2019

<<Uploading data>>
Date: 03/06/741 A.G.S.

Step one: Planning the weapon
Research planning by Master L

Our intelligence units have been watching the gallic advance into Bretonia closely, and they came to the conclusion that they had trouble in certain operations due to the lack of countermeasures for certain defense structures. What I have in mind, is an heavy weapon which is designed to counter such structures, while keeping the ships other functions operational, to maintain a decent defensive against smaller ships.
Unnecessary aspects like shield damage, refire rate and projectile speed should not be considered.

While a change of equipment for capital vessel always costs time and money, it will make sure the ships which will be using this will always remain prepared to assist against enemy capital ships.

Once we have the blueprints of these weapon, we will let them be manufactured on Maintenon Shipyard. This will not only be more cost efficient, but it will also allow the Royal Navy to produce those weapons more quickly if they are needed. We will focus on the scientific work.

Master L signing out.

RE: Fort Lune - MasterL410 - 04-17-2019

<<Uploading data>>
Date: 04/17/742 A.G.S.

Step two: Creating the weapon's blueprint
Construction planning by Master L

After going through some blueprints of battlehsip turrets from both, Sirian and Gallic warships, I quickly noticed that most of them work at their maximum capacity.
They'd overheat if more energy is added to the shot. Trebuchet antimatter cannons are able to compensate this overheat with an prolonged cooldown time. This however is not what I had in mind with this project. If increased damage output could just be compensated by an longer cooldown time, the "Warwolf" cannon would be more than sufficient.
While the refire rate of this weapon might not be a top priority, it shouldn't be too low, so we can keep up an constant siege until we can tear an hole in the structure's outer hull.
In order to break the hull of an station, the weapon must be able to hit the same spot for a longer time.
That's why the it will be more about static precision than relocating to aim for moving targets.

Back to the cooldown problem. We found an rather simple solution for that: A double-turret, which gets its energy from 2 different electric wires.
These wires fuel two parallel guns, which send out an slow, precise energy blast. Both guns can be mounted on a single hardpoint, since the turret's base is not likely to overheat.

Now that we know how the weapon works, the only thing left for us to do, is to draw the blueprint and program the mathematic value for the weapon's IT-system.
As soon as that is done I will send the blueprints to Maintenon Shipyard.

Master L signing out.