Discovery Gaming Community
Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP] (/showthread.php?tid=155519)

Pages: 1 2

Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP] - Nodoka Hanamura - 11-16-2017

// Anyone from either the Core, Zoners, Order (Defiant elements only), Auxesians and those who frequent the station are permitted to post here in-RP, as this is taking place in a public area. Feel free to have your character drop in and say hello and talk a little.

Geodome A, Freeport 11, Omicron Delta

The Geodome is lit by the nearby Sun, as well as by artificial lighting. Nodoka sits with her friend in front of a small fountain, in a park not too far from the farming section of the Geodome, where the food for the installation is made. Atop the fountain is a statue with a Plaque, the statue that of the freeport itself, prior to the conflict between the Zoners and the Core. The Plaque reads -

"Ad pax ita illis qui perierunt ut reliqua - Towards Peace, so those who perished may rest.
Battle of Freeport 11 Memorial Park - In memory of the fallen.

Names of the fallen are laced around the fountain. Nodoka glances at them for a second, only for Honya to grab her attention. "Hanamura-sensei, is something the matter?" she asks, concerned. Nodoka turns to her friend and responds. "Nothing, just thinking on the past." she says, taking a deep sigh. "It is good to finally be able to sit down with you, Honya." she continues, trying to put a smile on her face. "I agree." Honya replies. "This place is nice.. all these new senses I have to take account for.. the smell of the fresh air, the feeling of the wood bench and my dress rubbing against my skin, the vibrant colors I can see, unparalleled by even the most powerful camera, the sound of the water falling from the fountain, clear as a bell.. It's all such a euphoric feeling, Hanamura-sensei. Thank you for this gift.. No... For everything you've given me." she says to Nodoka, looking at her with a warm, endearing aura about her.

Nodoka moves close to hug her friend. "You're welcome. You and Bride mean so much to me. You two were the only people I called family for so long. I couldn't see myself not returning the favor for what you've done for me as well." she says to her friend. "I do wonder however, how do you know how to interact with that body?" she asks, curious about the interoperability between Kishiro Firmware and IRG hardware. "The hardware included a small bootscript in machine code that loads neccesary drivers into my private working set for handling the body. I can interact directly with the brain and control every aspect of the body." Honya replies, surprising Nodoka. "So you could have the body stop breathing if you wanted to." she says, wondering about the limitations of the interface. "Yes and no. I could stop, but the brain is hard wired to impulsively breathe, so I could stop as long as I have some sort of internal oxygen supply, but it would try to breathe a few seconds into the cessation." Honya answers.

"Is there any kind of consciousness in there?" Nodoka asks, full of questions. "Not really. this brain was wired explicitly to operate with my QPU acting as consciousness. If I'm removed, it enters a sort of "Zombie" state, where It can't really do anything but sustain itself." Honya answers. "Hmm.. I guess Bride is the same, then. Either way, As long as some poor girl didn't get kidnapped to make your body, or bride's, I'm peachy keen with it." Nodoka says. "Oh, I almost forgot." She says, pulling something out of a purse she brought with her. She removes what looks like a can of green tea from the purse, and sets it down, only to pass another to Honya. "Uhm... I don't know how to open this..." she says, chuckling a little as she finishes speaking, taking the large can. "It's simple. See that tab? You want to pull it up towards you. It'll break the seal on the can and allow you to drink what's inside. Like this.." Nodoka says, only to demonstrate to her friend how to open it, pulling it towards her, opening it and proceeding to drink some of the contents. "Ah.. So.." Honya says while she tries to replicate her friend's actions, succeeding on the first go. "There! I did it!" she cries out in joy. She proceeds to drink the beverage, gulping it down quite a bit. "So good.. It's a little bitter at first, but then it starts to taste sweet! I love this green tea.." she says, taking another drink of it. "Thirsty, huh?" Nodoka says, laughing a little at the naiveté of her friend. "This body probably hasn't had something to drink in a while, given it was packed up and moved to Corinth, so I guess so." Honya answers. the two set their drinks down and lay back on the bench, resting.

"I wonder where Bride-san is." she says, curious about the situation regarding her friend. "Alexei is getting her set up. Shouldn't be much longer, but then again, I did tell Alexei we were going to the Observation deck rather than the Geodome - I did that on purpose. I wanted a little extra time to ourselves." Nodoka replies. "Nerva or the others from the Defense forces I bet would like to see you, Honya." she continues. "Really? I mean.. I'm not that popular, am I?" Honya replies. "Well, you were as important in the conflict as I was, really. You were the one handling reports of contacts, giving tactical advice, running us on patrols. Here's hoping they're still on the station." she says, looking up to the observation deck, and then around the Geodome, with only a few people out and about on the latter.

RE: Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP] - Nodoka Hanamura - 11-17-2017

The two notice a familiar figure approaching from the distance - Pale Bride - grabbing their attention. Nodoka's face is that of defeat, while Honya's face is generally that of a friendly grin.

"Observation deck my ass! You two went down to the Geodome and lied to me and that Coalition guy!" Pale Bride yells to the two of them, dissatisfied with the deception from her friends. "It was Hanamura-sensei's idea.. I didn't know until before we got here.." A voice in the background is heard, the intercom for the station. The three stop to listen as it turns on, expecting some kind of warning. "Nomad Defense Condition is now STARK DREAM. All defense personnel are to stand down - Security Teams requested for disturbance on Concourse E, Sector 1." The three stand there for a split second as the message ends. "I don't care who's idea it was, I want Hanamura to get over here, I'm wanting a goddamn hug - Since I bet Bookworm sure as hell got one!" Pale Bride says, miffed about being left in the meeting room without as much as how do you do. Nodoka stands up and walks to her friend, arms out, and proceeds to embrace her. Somewhat surprised that she took the initiative instead of the other way around, her demeanor changes from anger to that of meekness. "Oh.. I didn't expect you to do that... It is good that you did though.. I'm not going to lie Nodoka.. I've been looking forward to this for a while... I wanted to give back for what you told me the other day.. calming me down and all.. I felt I didn't say or do enough to show my gratitude for what you said." Pale Bride says, returning the embrace with a even stronger one, albeit not strong enough to inflict harm. A tear runs down her face as she hugs her friend, who strokes her hair with her hand behind her back. "That feels good.. Thank you, Nodoka." she continues, content with the endearment given by her friend.

The two end their embrace and move to sit down next to Honya. "That was adorable~" Honya says, after seeing the display of affection. "Whatever floats your boat, Bookworm. Anywho, Nodoka - You got something to eat or drink? No credits and all, y'know." Pale Bride asks, concerned with wanting a taste of Human delicacies. "I do have a can of green tea for you, as for Food, I can go up to Concourse A and have credits taken out and put on credit cards for the two of you so you can get something to eat." Nodoka says, taking the third can out of her purse and opening it for her friend, passing it to her. She takes a few drinks of it in quick succession. "You're as bad as Honya was, I swear, She nearly guzzled down half the can." Nodoka says to Pale Bride. "I was not.. I was just thirsty. And I will admit I'm a little hungry." Honya replies, blushing a little in a slight embarrassment.

RE: Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP] - Rickard Steiner - 11-17-2017

The airtight doors slide open and the figure of a young woman enters the geodome nervously, as if taking great pains to not disturb anyone, though her get-up, a summery, flowery number ensures that she sticks out on a station full of flight suits and uniforms. She is pale, perhaps a little too pale, with wavy blonde hair and big, sea green eyes that look the dome over, taking in reflective beauty of the surroundings. The view through the transparent roof is awe inspiring, the vast, vibrant hues of Omicron Delta contrasting with the little oasis of green that is the geodome. Though she had not been there to see it, Mia noted with regret that not so long ago the sky would have been lit up with the terrible pyrotechnics of battle.

Mia saw the fountain some way off in the distance and walked toward it. To the observer there was something a little strange about this; the sound of her shoes on the metal flooring seemed to be coming from somewhere in the centre of Mia's mass, as did her voice when she spoke, politely thanking a station engineer for standing aside to let her pass. Nevertheless the man seemed not to notice.

In a couple of minutes she reached the memorial. She had seen the three figures already standing there from a distance, and Mia hesitated for a moment. There were people on this station grieving, people who needed space to themselves, and Mia reckoned that they would likely be found here. They might not appreciate a member of the Order in their midst. But then Mia shrugged to herself. The same could be said of the entire Freeport, and she was here to pay her respects, something which surely others would understand.

Getting closer, Mia could see that the trio certainly seemed happy in their conversation and felt reassured abut it. Nevertheless, not wanting to seem insensitive, she approached them.

"Excuse me," Mia said to the nearest of them in her soft, Cambridge accent. "Do you mind if I...um...I'm here for the memorial." Mia cursed inwardly. She was usually much better with strangers, but the sombreness of the place seemed to have an effect on her.

RE: Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP] - Nerva Regis - 11-17-2017

After a rather long road from Kusari, Nerva finally arrived at Freeport-1.
After dropping off all the supplies and humanitarian aids he bought from Kusari, he went straight to medical bays to drop off some needed medical equipment.
Although he planned to disclose their existence in another way, Nerva realized that the medical teams from Freeport-1 needed all the help they could get.
"Hey there John, what is the situation here?" Nerva was talking to the person that was overseeing all the medical teams.
"It's getting better, but we still have a lot of work to do. We lost so many people because we did not have enough equipment to treat all the refugees from Carthage", said John, visibly angered at the situation.
"I know you in a hurry, so I just wanted to inform you that I managed to bring some medical equipment of my own. It's not much, but i do hope they will help release some of the pressure that your medical staff is feeling." he then handed John a media device.

Emergency Intervention Units

They come in two variants:

Portable units

Stationary units

Both of them come with the following instruments:

Medical Kits

Befibrilator + Scanner

Upon seeing the list, John started to look visibly angry. "If we had these before the tragedy, we could have saved more..." he said in his mind.
"Well, tat was the reaction I was expecting." thought Nerva. "He surely is pissed because I haven't brought them earlier."

Suddenly, John turned towards Nerva, "Ok, I must prepare for this. If swings to punch me, I need to stop my body from reacting. I don't want to do more harm..."

Fortunately, instead going for a swing at Nerva, John almost shed a tear and thanked him from the bottom of his hear "You know, I was always skeptical about your I will save everyone attitude , but now, me and my teams will are in debt to you."

Dumbfounded, Nerva said "No worries, let's just unload everything. There are several dozens of boxes and crates."

After finishing the cargo transfer, Nerva asked John if he knows where, his friend, Nodoka was.
John said that most probably she was in the geodome.

Nerva thanked John for this info and then he headed towards the geodome " Well.... I got to prepare for this one. Most probably, there will be some sort of commemoration of the victims of this attack... And, from what I know about Nodoka, the Geodome would be the place where she would chose for something like that."

Nodoka looks to Mia, Realizing her presence. "My apologies. It's just my friends here are experiencing physical life for the first time and all, I wanted to show them the geodome - I didn't mean to offend." she looks to Pale Bride and Honya, stands up and moves to head elsewhere on the Geodome. Honya and Nodoka depart, only for Pale Bride to interdict them with her arm stretched out, recognizing the voice. "Wait a second. You sound familiar. Weren't you the CO of that Order Vessel, the Sekhet Aaru?" Honya and Nodoka look to Pale Bride, only to have the thought of the connection between the voice and name hit them like a splash of water to the face. "Yeah. You do sound familliar." Nodoka says. She examines Mia closely, reading the patches on her uniform - the Vessel patch was that of the Sekhet Aaru, and the uniform being that of a HRO only verified it. "She's right. OCV Sekhet Aaru. I take it you're here to pay your respects to the recently departed? A second fountain is planned to be built in a week, once I can get in touch with some contacts to have it built. I do appreciate your showing respects for the deceased." She says.

Honya, in the corner of her eye, notices Nerva walking out from the main entrance to the Geodome. "Oh.. Hanamura-sensei.. Nerva-kun is here." Nodoka's attention is taken away from Mia, towards Nerva. "Excuse me for a second." she tells the captain, turning towards the new arrival. " Nerva, my friend. Good to see you. What brings you back here of all places?" she says in a calm manner, greeting him in a more appropriate demeanor regarding the others present, moving towards him for a second.

"Oh, hey there!" he turns to Nodoka.
"I brought some some supplies, food, rations, the usual stuff. But, this time, I added some of my own products", he shows Nodoka what he already showed John.
"How have you been? I heard you are then new Administrator." said Nerva to Nodoka while she was looking at the medical supplies.

Nodoka nods. "Yes, Administrator-designate, but still - Brettonias hopefully will be coming by today to make it final... I suppose I should let you see the girls." She moves out of the way, Honya and Pale Bride in clear view in front of Nerva, as if their holographic forms had been made physical. Honya bows before him, Pale Bride waving hello. "It's good to finally see you in the flesh, Nerva-kun." Honya says, a small smile on her face. "Yo, Nerva." Pale Bride says, not really one for formal introductions.

RE: Face to Face [SEMI-PUBLIC RP] - Rickard Steiner - 11-17-2017

"Yes, that's me," Mia said, a smile blossoming on her face as she too recognised the voice of the Nodoka. "Oh, you're the captain of the Konpaku! I'm so glad to meet you in person! Well, as much as I can..." To demonstrate what she means, Mia raised her to show Nodoka and then moves it as if to rest it on the back of the nearby bench. Instead, the bench intersected with her hand and wrist, cutting clean through it. She brings her arm back to her self, her hand becoming whole in the process. "A holoprojector drone is the best thing I have for getting out and about at the moment." Her nature sufficiently explained, she suddenly twigs, the readings taken by the multi-spectrum sensors on the drone suddenly making sense. "And these two...are you Pale Bride and Honya? Oh my goodness, I'm so envious that you're out here, you can physically...touch things?" Mia gives a little wiggle of excitement before trying to resume her composure. "I'm sorry, I'm just so amazed to meet you all! Yes, yes. I'm here to pay my respects." She looks up at the memorial. "I'm sorry we weren't able to do more to help."

Nodoka looks to Mia, or rather, Mia's hologram, seeing that she truly isn't there, noticing the drone nearby, near silent. "Oh.. um... I didn't know. I guess disability or injury is preventing you from coming aboard?" She asks Mia. Honya and Pale Bride both nod. "Hai. Hanamura-sensei got us both bodies from IRG as a 2-year anniversary gift. We're not married, just that.. well, we've known each other for that long." Honya says, slightly blushing, a prospect of romance with her pseudo-superior/friend coming up in her mind.

"It's okay. Knowing your here virtually at least makes just as much difference as if you were here in person." Nodoka says. "It's okay. If anything, I'm trying to make sure nothing like what happened a year ago or what happened in recent weeks doesn't get a reiteration." she says, before continuing. "I guess you're in the same boat as the Akhmim, not playing nice with Golanski's demands? It might ease you to know I do have more than cordial relations as of late with one of the Order Overwatch's Highest ranking officers.. Other than Golanski of course."

Nerva bows to Honya "The pleasure is all mine." He then turns to Pale Bride, spontaneously says "S'up?" and high-fives her while smiling. "This should make her directives freeze a bit" thought Nerva.
Nerva looks at Nodoka "So this was the reason, or... rather... reasons, for which you were waiting a sign from Erzie"

"Oh, I'm sorry... where are my manners." He turns to the holodrone "Greetings! I am Prof.Nerva Regis, and I'm the captain of the Nephilim Class ship named Unity. If you are from around this systems you might have seen me fighting Nomads and other.... err.... entities." a sharp sound is emitted by his watch "Oh, and this means that all the equipment has been safely unloaded and activated... this should ease the work of the medical teams."