Discovery Gaming Community
Game suggestion - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Game suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=155659)

Pages: 1 2

Game suggestion - Saphira123456 - 11-21-2017

(NOTE: I know I'm banned from the DISCO Freelancer game and Discord server, BUT I wanted to give a suggestion. It may help the game in the long run,)

To the game server admins:

How many of you remember the old anime, "Space Battleship Yamato" or its' US dubbed version, "Star Blazers"?

Well, I do.

There's a mod floating around out there that'll introduce the titular Space Battleship into Freelancer. As a tribute to the original Space Battleship Yamato, I want to fly in-game using that mod, to do a re-enactment of the intro to the anime. My intent is to livestream it for the world to see on YouTube.

If this works, it'll bring thousands of SBY and Star Blazers fans into Discovery Freelancer. An infusion of new blood into a tired old server.
I'm begging you. Let me do this, just for that one day.

Thank you.

RE: Game suggestion - Laz - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 06:28 PM)Saphira123456 Wrote: (NOTE: I know I'm banned from the DISCO Freelancer game and Discord server)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're only banned on the Discord server.

Edit: Also sorry to burst your bubble but:
rulez Wrote:1.8 No ponies, furries, or direct imports are allowed
pretty sure this would be a *import*.

RE: Game suggestion - Sand_Spider - 11-21-2017

Discovery doesn't allow imports.

Even if it did, and the Yamato was allowed for a single day, isn't that sending the wrong message to Yamato fans? Soon you'd have a bunch of people asking for it to be placed back into the game and I'm willing to bet some folks would even want their own Yamato. A giant sea-faring ship doesn't fit into the aesthetic of Freelancer's universe, either..

Why not just have a Space Battleship Yamato mod and community? I don't see how featuring an imported vessel into Discovery would garner more fans to play than an entirely separate mod would. I don't mean to shoot you down here, but I think the biggest reason imports are not allowed is due to a combination of copyright issues and the fact that imports don't blend well with the vanilla Freelancer theme.

RE: Game suggestion - Durandal - 11-21-2017

1) If you were banned, you wouldn't be able to post here.

2) What @Laz said about imports is correct.

RE: Game suggestion - Saphira123456 - 11-21-2017

Your server is already set up. I don't have the time nor the money to set up my own server.

That's the core reason why.

RE: Game suggestion - Corile - 11-21-2017

Server rules Wrote:1.8 No

RE: Game suggestion - Saphira123456 - 11-21-2017

Damn...

(Apologies for the language but I had a crowd of people lined up to see this... and now I have to disappoint them.)

RE: Game suggestion - St.Denis - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 06:53 PM)Saphira123456 Wrote: (Apologies for the language but I had a crowd of people lined up to see this... and now I have to disappoint them.)

Always best not to promise something that you have no way of knowing you can deliver.

It avoids disappointment.

RE: Game suggestion - Saphira123456 - 01-01-2019

This is an old thread, but...

"Battleship Matsumoto" (as in Leji Matsumoto, the creator of the art for SBY) is already a Kusari NPC battleship.

Just wanted to point that out.

RE: Game suggestion - Reeves - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:31 AM)Saphira123456 Wrote: This is an old thread, but...

"Battleship Matsumoto" (as in Leji Matsumoto, the creator of the art for SBY) is already a Kusari NPC battleship.

Just wanted to point that out.

It's also a mountain city. Just wanted to point out your ignorance.