Discovery Gaming Community
Hope's Guardian | Logs of Garrus Hendrix - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Hope's Guardian | Logs of Garrus Hendrix (/showthread.php?tid=155743)

Hope's Guardian | Logs of Garrus Hendrix - KamiFaby - 11-24-2017

[Image: bdPNNCO.gif]

Hope's Guardian | Entry #1
--Voice Recording Started--

Nick called me today because he wanted to show me something. Turns out he got a Guardian class vessel, gifted to us by the Agency 404. Never thought I'd be able to fly one of those beauties myself. And with the usual luck I have, he gave it to me. I'm speechless, It appears he trusts me a lot, considering I'm just a Junior Knight Captain, guess it has something to do with the fact that I'm one of the best pilots in the Forlorn Hope. Only drawback is that I have to keep a 'journal' of some sort, I guess that's why I'm recording those logs. *he clears his throat*

So, about the vessel, I had taken a look at it. It is in a decent state, a bit scratched up but all in all in a decent state. At least it looks like it's in a decent state. *He takes a deep breath* I'm not sure how it looks on the inside or how it performs though. Before I'm going to do anything, I'll throw my techs' at it and see if they can gather some more information on the thing.

The details Reeves sent us with the Guardian look promising though. The energy output he noted, as well as the energy storage, is just exceptional. But again, I haven't tested the vessel yet. What else is there to say? Heh, not more besides that is in the Hangarbay S and is going to remain there for a good while. Weapons aren't mounted at this time and it seemed we didn't get any along with the Guardian. But that's a topic for another time.

Guess I'll call someone to check the baby out. Garrus out.

--Voice Recording Stopped--
-Log closed-

RE: Hope's Guardian | Logs of Garrus Hendrix - KamiFaby - 11-26-2017

Hope's Guardian | Entry #2

So, here's log number two. *he sighs* I still don't know why I'm supposed to keep those logs but well, guess I have to.
Aaaanyways. I've sent mechs' down to the Guardian today. And who thought, everything went good besides. They took engine readings, checked the steering and all that stuff. It seemed fine was still in a good shape. During the time the mechs' checked the rest of the ship, I went inside and adjusted the controls and seat to my liking. I have to say, making adjustments in this ship is easy, it seems like the Libertonians do value comfort.

During my adjustments, Sarah came to visit. She was as strange as ever and didn't want to leave the ship when I was about to take a testrun. So, yeah, unable to get her out of the cockpit for the test, so I took her along. The tests went smooth. Engine was running normally, shields were at the normal strength. So I flew around Glenn for a bit until Sarah decided she wants to give the ship a go. Naturally I said it's okay to do so but she decided the asteroid isn't dense enough and set course for the Barrier RIm. Luckily we didn'T meet anyone on the small trip and she flew back again.

From this small adventure I can defenitly say, the ship is pretty god, way better than the borderworlds and civie tech. It handles like butter, the engines are top and I don't have any weird power spikes. All in all the ship is way above the usual stuff I fly. The only ship I flew, that's remotely close to this one in terms of handling, is the Falchion. But hell, the Falchion isn't nearly as well build as the Guardian. Borderworlds tech is cheap, military tech isn't. I hope the Guardian keeps up the good look when I start to test the weapons.

Furthermore, I've told the mechs' to check the core in the next few days. I just hope there aren't any complications with the age of the ship.

Let's hope for the best. Garrus out.

-Log closed-

Hope's Guardian | Entry #3

I got a message from the head mech', seems like the core is dead. Or well, not dead more like damaged. The output they got is only around 75% of what we were told by Reeves. Don't know if he flew the ship before he gave it to us or not, he should have noticed though. He told me to get one of those powercells from the IRG eggheads. Those things are supposed to be the top core around at the moment. We did install one on Haven and we haven't had any problems with it so far. Guess I'll have to make some calls and get something.

Back to the powercore though, 25% lower readings are terrible, although I never head the pleasure *irony can be heard in his voice* to fly a ship with a damaged powercore. And that has to wait a few more days, since i'm not able to spend time flying around with the Guardian. I've still ordered them to mount some Flashpoints on the ship. Nick also mentioned something about some experimental pulse guns for my ship. Guess I'll have to see what he meant with it, since they're apparently going to get mounted on my ship alongside the Flashpoints.

And now I have to talk to some eggheads again because I love it so much. Garrus out.

-Log closed-

Hope's Guardian | Entry #4

Well that was something. I really don't get Sarah. What is wrong with this women? She just shows up and shoots at me. But I'll better start of from the beginning.
I went on and tested the Guardians weapons today and I really felt the broken power core. It is pointless to fight with it and that was shown to me this day. I was out and tested them, somewhere south of Glenn and the planets, away from normal patrol routes. It was horrible, the ship, I saw it in a completely different way today. It just didn't perform as I wanted. The core, I fired my weapons for a bit and all the energy was gone. Just gone, slowly regenerating. And to add to my luck our good friend Sarah the weird came and started shooting at me.

Hell, she even disrupted me and nearly shot my ship down. After I drained all my Nanobots, I no, we had the luck to get picked up by a bunch of Outcasts. Guess what, I nearly died, they disrupted us and I was shaken when I got hit by a Razor, luckily Sarah saved my hide. We tried to run but the 'casts caught up and disrupted us again. We were able to contact Glenn however.

We managed to dodge the shots long enough to survive until the Seraphim wing came. Again, Sarah decided she'd like to shoot the 'casts. At least I managed to keep the ship alive and dock on Glen. Well, next thing would be to see if our mechs' are able to fix the thing up while I get one of those IRG cells from those eggheads.

I hope the ships survives, it wouldn't be good to loose it now. I'm also getting my hands on a legal Surplus ship from the Navy. We might be able to trick them in thinking the upgraded one is the surplus product. For now, I'll get my hands on the Cell and the Ship. Guess the repairs will take a bit, if they're able to fix it at all.

Talking to eggheads and possibly flying the surplus ship here. *sighs* Garrus out.

-Log closed-

Hope's Guardian | Entry #5

So, I filed in a request for a Guardian that I picked up today and I heard the Cells are here already. So, nick told me the Guardian was ready for pickup and that all the payments have been made already.

Over at the pickup point I still had to file out some paper before they even showed me the ship. But when they did, I told my mechs' to check the thing first. Turns out I was right all along, they give out crappy ships that are used for 'one time use'. Power values still lower than the values Reeves gave us. Still, we could use it for spare parts either way.

So, flying back to Coronado again was quiet, had a thought about a possible solution to the licensing problem. I decided to talk to the RatPack and they weren't helping at all. They just said, that I should talk to the Lane Hackers, well surely I'm asking our enemies for help. No, scratch that. I'll see what I can do about it at some other date. For now, I told the mechs' to disassemble the Surplus ship and make a plan of it. For now, I don't want them to use parts but I'm not sure if they understood that. Anyways, I'll see what they do.

As for the revival of Hope's Guardian, there's no progress at all. They managed to tape it together at least. Oh and they also managed to plug the holes in some of the tubes. And for the Powercell, I told them to wait until the ship is up and running again.

At least the floors no longer wet in the hangar. Garrus out.

-Log closed-

Hope's Guardian | Entry #6

A few more weeks passed and they apparently took the surplus apart. Although they started to use some of the parts that aren't surplus quality to replace some of the damaged or destroyed ones on the Guardian. Heh, well at least they made some progress. As a result of that, I contacted the Core or APM to be precise. I had asked them if they might be able to help us and hey, they said yes, after I told them why I contacted them. In my first message I didn't say the 'real' reason, instead I said I'd like someone who can teach my mechs' how to repair the ship and I requested some new weapons as well. They told me that I had to pay 25 million for the repairs, guns and training for my mechs'. Guess that is worth the money.

After they had changed the encryption, I decided to ask them if they might be able to help me switch the digital chassis number of the two Guardians. I yet have to recieve an answer to that message but I doubt they'll bail out now. What I offered in return was, that I pay them double, just to help me do that and keep their mouths shut.

Only other thing I did with the Guardians is, that I told the mechs' to load them on to Haven and be ready to move to Dagger Outpost. This is going to be a joint project of the APM and Forlorn, at least a small one. Therefor I'll be away for a few days, alongside with our head mechs' to have a look at the repairs and all that stuff.

Off to the Omegas then. Garrus out.

-Log closed-