Discovery Gaming Community
FL Unity Project - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: FL Unity Project (/showthread.php?tid=156795)

Pages: 1 2

FL Unity Project - Thomas Mundy - 01-02-2018

Hi people. I started a little project a while ago to remake Freelancer in Unity and have got quite far with this thanks to a number of materials from people such as SolCommand who released some ships/stations for public use. I have started a development blog to give daily updates on the project, provide screenshots etc.

https://xeltron245.wixsite.com/flunity

This website will have daily updates about the remake and we'll see how it goes. I obviously have limited time to work on this as I do have a job as well but will see what I can do and how much progress I can make.

Might have to get into playing some Discovery as research Big Grin

RE: FL Unity Project - Vulkhard Muller - 01-02-2018

good god.....

kudos dude major kudos keep it up

RE: FL Unity Project - SnakThree - 01-02-2018

I wish all people working on these side-projects would combine their resources, efforts and do one sweet nice project of porting Disco to Unity.

RE: FL Unity Project - eigos - 01-02-2018

Give me your Skype or email asap, I need to talk to you and show you something

RE: FL Unity Project - Corile - 01-02-2018

Why don't you contribute to Librelancer or PSF (contact @Alley about this one)?

RE: FL Unity Project - Thomas Mundy - 01-02-2018

I knew about Librelancer from speaking with Ichiru a while back and we had a great discussion but both agreed what we were doing were very different projects but I'm more than happy to allow Librelancer to use any information that might be useful to them from things that I create so I see no reason I can't share information with them at the very least, what little of it there is Smile. Chances are Librelancer will be ready quite a bit before my project I should have thought

(01-02-2018, 05:05 PM)Corile Wrote: Why don't you contribute to Librelancer or PSF (contact @Alley about this one)?

We have just talked about that, just so everyone knows. He is heading in a different direction with his project and I shared with him all about Librelancer, what we have so far.
We probably won't be collab-ing (not directly, but maybe sharing code for certain features), but either way, it was worth taking the time to discuss it.

RE: FL Unity Project - HassLHoFF™ - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 05:31 PM)eigos Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 05:05 PM)Corile Wrote: Why don't you contribute to Librelancer or PSF (contact @Alley about this one)?

We have just talked about that, just so everyone knows. He is heading in a different direction with his project and I shared with him all about Librelancer, what we have so far.
We probably won't be collab-ing (not directly, but maybe sharing code for certain features), but either way, it was worth taking the time to discuss it.

Do you mind to elaborate what is meant with different directions?

(01-02-2018, 06:23 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote:

It means Discovery won't be running on his project.

RE: FL Unity Project - HassLHoFF™ - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 06:29 PM)eigos Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 06:23 PM)HassLHoFF™ Wrote:

It means Discovery won't be running on his project.

Thanks. Good to know.