Discovery Gaming Community
One Last Warning - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: One Last Warning (/showthread.php?tid=156851)

Pages: 1 2

One Last Warning - Naethel Bane - 01-05-2018

Hi community

I'm taking the bother to kindly report this one last time...
Upon logging on, I forgot to close my eyes and the bloom effect nearly gave me a seizure.

Don't react on the defensive like you did the first time I reported this; I am NOT attention seeking!

The effect is hugely unsettling for photosensitive people and it doesn't take much effort at all warning those downloading the game.

That's all folks. Happy hunting =)

NB

RE: One Last Warning - Laz - 01-05-2018

Turn off the bloom setting? You can edit the file "enbseries.ini" inside of the EXE folder. It is one of the few ini files you are allowed to edit.

RE: One Last Warning - Mr.Mike. - 01-05-2018

(01-05-2018, 01:44 PM)Laz Wrote: Turn off the bloom setting? You can edit the file "enbseries.ini" inside of the EXE folder. It is one of the few ini files you are allowed to edit.

I think that the person believed that the effect of the bloom would not be so strong until it was used.

RE: One Last Warning - Bulldog. - 01-05-2018

(01-05-2018, 01:42 PM)Naethel Bane Wrote: it doesn't take much effort at all warning those downloading the game.

Hi there,

Upon installing the mod/game, the Bloom check box has a warning next to it. Please read the installation messages more carefully next time.

RE: One Last Warning - Aazalot - 01-05-2018

Thank you for taking the bother for us, we are all so fortanate

RE: One Last Warning - Sand_Spider - 01-05-2018

I would definitely go with @Laz 's advice to disable bloom via the file he mentioned (although, what line does one edit?).

Otherwise, go for a re-install and uncheck the box that mentions bloom mod. I'm a bit light sensitive myself, and bloom mod effects give me headaches.

RE: One Last Warning - Naethel Bane - 01-05-2018

@ laz - bloom settings? where?! I've looked and no such thing in game settings.
besides, how to edit that "enbseries.ini" file? you suggest - care to actually be clear?

@ aazalot - sarcasm? is that all you got? spiteful ignorance at its worst... yeah laugh at seizures...

for crying out loud people I'm not inventing this - How hard is it to acknowledge the fact and add a warning to the download page?!
loool that level of resistance to common sense mixed with childish QQ is at best laughable

RE: One Last Warning - Sombs - 01-05-2018

You can disable Bloom in the game by pressing Shift+F12, or manually deinstalling it by doing what Laz wrote. Therefore, you open that file (Discovery Freelancer 4.89.2\EXE\enbseries.ini) in wordpad or any other text-editor.

Code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=1
AlternativeDepth=0
AllowAntialias=1
BugFixMode=0
SkipShaderOptimization=0
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=1
EnableReflection=0
EnableMotionBlur=1
EnableWater=1
EnableShadow=1

Thats how the first part of the file probably looks like. What you need to do is changing EnableBloom=1 to EnableBloom=0 and you're done.

RE: One Last Warning - Arisen - 01-05-2018

Go to the directory where Freelancer is Installed on your computer. ( Usually in System C: )
Click Discovery freelancer 4.89.2
Go to EXE
Find enbseries.ini (it will display as enbseries)
Double click. A list will pop up under the [EFFECT] tab you will find EnableBloom=1
Change it to EnableBloom=0
Save. Now it will start the game without the bloom effect.

Edit: Ninja'd by Sombra.

RE: One Last Warning - Naethel Bane - 01-05-2018

thanks fellas. much appreciated.