Discovery Gaming Community
Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: RP Stories Feedback Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback (/showthread.php?tid=157009)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Durandal - 10-28-2019

Am I correct in understanding that this is where I come to propose?

Because, like, Lana best girl.

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Shiki - 10-28-2019

Now, looking back Honeymoon was one of those stories that I remember as something special. There are not too many of those. Led to En leaving Core 1ic, but still worth it. Good posts.

Thank you for fun, maybe we write something together in the future.

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Lanakov - 10-29-2019

Hot damn do I need to update this ongoing shiz. Bit of a break going on, mostly because Gallia itself broke down and is being retroengineered into something equally awesome but less bloodthirsty. Also, I've been busy being an adult Frenchman, which implies all kinds of romantic evenings out among other, equally tasty things.

I have a few more posts coming up concerning Chanteloup, and then there's the whole question of the MRG's future. It's all been decided and I'm now waiting for the update to roll out to reveal its new form to the world. It will remain considerably better than you, but won't be in your backyard, eyeing your wife and annexing your turnips nearly as often.
Also, the Gallic Glossary of Guidance to Greatness is due a massive update ; I'll get on that soon. It will remain offensive, and the satire will likely be enhanced by all my tears following the tragic conclusion of the Gallic war. Keep an eye on that.

(10-28-2019, 10:39 PM)Durandal Wrote: Am I correct in understanding that this is where I come to propose?

Because, like, Lana best girl.

Oh, heavens, good thing I'm both a man and ferociously heterosexual. I'd be a GIGANTIC WHORE. Although I believe the term manwhore is a thing, but it critically clashes with my chivalrous code of conduct. Oh, to bear such contradictions... Still, I am flattered and will take this into consideration. We did spend the better part of this evening talking about coq and the various ways of enjoying one.

(10-28-2019, 10:48 PM)Sicicega Wrote: Now, looking back Honeymoon was one of those stories that I remember as something special. There are not too many of those. Led to En leaving Core 1ic, but still worth it. Good posts.

Thank you for fun, maybe we write something together in the future.

Thank you, Shiki. I've often looked back at the Honeymoon with a lot of pleasure, it's stuck with me too. It was the first real appearence of Chanteloup, who became my "main" character months later. This story felt really nice through and through : just the right length, the right amount of drama and exposition. Could have been tough to manage three players, three very different characters in one go... But we made it work. It was a very nice story, I enjoyed participating as much as reading it.

With Loyola back in galactic affairs, chances are our characters will cross paths again.

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Timinator - 12-19-2019

I saw this includimg the insults and marriage proposal lines in your signature. so i wanted to ask which one you actually prefer xD.

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - NixOlympica - 12-23-2019

Honey, I am back home, lets party burn the universe like it's 2011.

~ SCRA|Lt.Lachina.Murray

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Lanakov - 12-25-2019

(12-19-2019, 02:01 AM)Timinator Wrote: I saw this includimg the insults and marriage proposal lines in your signature. so i wanted to ask which one you actually prefer xD.

The Dothraki hold it that a wedding with fewer than three deaths is considered a dull affair.
Similarily, I would only contemplate a marriage proposal from someone who knows their way around a proper taunting. So, in effect, one goes with the other, and as with most pleasant things in life, when asked to choose, I'm likely to answer "WELL BOTH OF COURSE".

(12-23-2019, 07:21 PM)The Ghost of Pilgrim Wrote: Honey, I am back home, lets party burn the universe like it's 2011.

~ SCRA|Lt.Lachina.Murray

... Ian ?
KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL

You're back ? You need to stay back. There's MUCH for us to burn.

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Lanakov - 01-20-2020

Kids,

The time has come. I'll be taking off tomorrow morning to some distant place for work-related shenanigans and will be back by June.
I don't expect to have much free time or internet once there ; I'll be sure to show up when possible to ensure you lot aren't burning the place down or worse, readmitting Furries into my Disco.

Aaaaaand that's it for the controversial hook, what else... Yes, I've given the keys of MNG to Ramke and Con, both of whom I trust completely. The Gallic government rework is well on its way, too, good people are on it and the end result should be interesting and as player-driven as possible.
I'll have big news by the time I come back, so don't quit Disco just now, except for some Rheinlandic navel-gazey dramatic introspection. It is the way (and a second controversial hook, zing).

Take care and see you in spring.
Lana

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Sombs - 01-20-2020

In the meantime one of your characters will keep enjoying one of her most passive adventures ever, which is quite meaningful for someone who had to deal with politicians.

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Sombs - 08-27-2020

Hey Lana, my boi. If you're still alive, show a life sign. I might be gone but I'm still waiting for your return from duty.

RE: Lanakov's story and comms bump/feedback - Lanakov - 07-29-2021

Kids,

I'm making a gradual comeback to the Disco universe after almost a year of not being here for various successive reasons.
There's a French saying that goes "problems tend to fly in formation" that I always liked because, well, it strikes true more often than not.

I'm not certain what form this comeback will take. There's some dusting of old characters to do, and a lot of change for me to Discover © so I'll probably start there.
Very happy to see so many of you are still around and the work that's been put in by the devs. Also, Admins ?!?!

See you soon in space or at the bar.

@"Sombra Hookier" : I've missed none of your stories and am well aware of what you left behind for Chanteloup. I'll certainly continue down that road, expect more than a few tributes as I go along. Thank you.