Discovery Gaming Community
Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=157109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Zoners - Thyrzul - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 11:57 PM)Shikizumi Wrote: Zoners are enforcing neutrality even on the forums.

After triggering drama.

RE: Zoners - Arioch - 02-01-2018

Damn straight.

EDIT: Damn posted right after Thyr. We didn't start drama. Zoners never start drama...

RE: Zoners - Lusitano - 02-01-2018

I played this game long time ago ... and left for personal reasons and also for stupid things that happened here!! And looks like some of those things still continue but .. that is another story

about the Zoners ... long time ago ... ii was about 4 years away so long time ago is more than 4 years ... most os my chars were zoners .. i liked the way of zoners and now i also have zoners chars, but that way of the zoners never really existed!! do zoners need capital ships? yes. should zoners have many capital ships, no, not even the others factions. i remember long time ago, some saying the only offcial factions, there was 3 that time, could have capital ships, and said no, but to have one people should deserve by rp, but that is also to the corsairs, outcast, order, core, houses and alll factions that have battleships. those type of ships should only be givem by the admins. cruisers and destroyers ok .. free for all but one vesel of that size and só important ... only admins by rp!! that is my opinion about battleships

about the Nephilim .. i had the Jinkusu, and i hated!! to big, so i went to the aquilon, and i believe that should be the only battleships that zoners should have. the neph only should by a colony ship so ... if admins downgrade the corvo so i believe for rp the neph should happen the same, and about docking on house space ... it is a colony ship, so why should dock on house space? i don't see any reason for that!

for me the main concern about zoners, is WHY .. why .. zoners can't dock big transport on house space? on my time could if it was a gmg and img base, but now not even that! why? why icorporate indies can have even 5k transport and do what they want, but zoners don't? even freelancers can use the pirate train and dock on house space, so why zoners can't? zoners aren't imune to piracy!! on my time zoners not only were NOT imune to piracy but also had a target on then, and it wasn't only the corsairs! ohhh .. except the OSI .. but i never said OSI were zoners but that is another story !

so .. about this post .. Nephilim on house space ... why? no need!!! colony ship so why should be docking on house bases? the only erason they can't dock on planet erie, for exemple, it that could be disaster undocking, nothing more. downgrade the Nephilim? ok by me!! the aquilon is good enough .. if it wasn't changed ... i don't know how it is now! even so even on that time, i prefer to use the fearless, i had more fun with that ship, or even the conference!! i i think that battleships should be earned and not paid, but that is another story Wink

RE: Zoners - "Jade Fire" - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 12:10 AM)Lusitano Wrote: for me the main concern about zoners, is WHY .. why .. zoners can't dock big transport on house space? on my time could if it was a gmg and img base, but now not even that! why? why icorporate indies can have even 5k transport and do what they want, but zoners don't? even freelancers can use the pirate train and dock on house space, so why zoners can't? zoners aren't imune to piracy!! on my time zoners not only were NOT imune to piracy but also had a target on then, and it wasn't only the corsairs! ohhh .. except the OSI .. but i never said OSI were zoners but that is another story !

Because Zoners are neutral to all houses and factions, meaning that they can go and sell cargo anywhere at any time, this was put in place to limit that and make it all on the same level with corperate players who also can't go everywhere.

RE: Zoners - Arbs - 02-01-2018

While working on his assignments, Arbs got bored and decided to make some coffee. As soon as he had the coffee in his hands he realized he was out of milk. Arbs just loves a bit of milk on his coffee. He took a deep deep breath and moved back to his room. Before going back to work, he decided to open Discovery forums.

He was in luck.

Fresh Zoner tears for his first Febrewary Coffee! And it had never tasted any better.

(02-01-2018, 12:15 AM)"Jade Fire Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 12:10 AM)Lusitano Wrote: for me the main concern about zoners, is WHY .. why .. zoners can't dock big transport on house space? on my time could if it was a gmg and img base, but now not even that! why? why icorporate indies can have even 5k transport and do what they want, but zoners don't? even freelancers can use the pirate train and dock on house space, so why zoners can't? zoners aren't imune to piracy!! on my time zoners not only were NOT imune to piracy but also had a target on then, and it wasn't only the corsairs! ohhh .. except the OSI .. but i never said OSI were zoners but that is another story !

Because Zoners are neutral to all houses and factions, meaning that they can go and sell cargo anywhere at any time, this was put in place to limit that and make it all on the same level with corperate players who also can't go everywhere.

No! first zoners are not that welcome in all sirius, and i'm not talking about the nomads, second ... the junkers are also very neutral and they can have 4.3k transports!!! and .. for exemple a corporate libertonian can go to kusari and bretonia and rheinland ... and even outside houses spaces!!! a kusari can even go to gallia and outisde house space!!! even ... unlawfulls can dock big transports in house space!!! the only places that some coorporate transport can't go is .. their enemies and some .. SOME ... unlawfull!!

(02-01-2018, 12:20 AM)Arbs Wrote: While working on his assignments, Arbs got bored and decided to make some coffee. As soon as he had the coffee in his hands he realized he was out of milk. Arbs just loves a bit of milk on his coffee. He took a deep deep breath and moved back to his room. Before going back to work, he decided to open Discovery forums.

He was in luck.

Fresh Zoner tears for his first Febrewary Coffee! And it had never tasted any better.

this is one of those things that didn't changed!!! yep it continues!! oh well!!

RE: Zoners - "Jade Fire" - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 12:25 AM)Lusitano Wrote:

No! first zoners are not that welcome in all sirius, and i'm not talking about the nomads, second ... the junkers are also very neutral and they can have 4.3k transports!!! and .. for exemple a corporate libertonian can go to kusari and bretonia and rheinland ... and even outside houses spaces!!! a kusari can even go to gallia and outisde house space!!! even ... unlawfulls can dock big transports in house space!!! the only places that some coorporate transport can't go is .. their enemies and some .. SOME ... unlawfull!!

Okay, but are those corperations also neutral to pirates and unlawfuls? No their not, but Zoners are. Junkers are hated in Kusari and Gallia also, Zoners are not. Zoners are neutral to all factions in the game save the nomads, meaning they can dock on both unlawful, lawful, civilian and corperate stations AND they get caps, I don't see other corperations flying battleships, carriers or cruisers, and if you can list one corperation with a cruiser, destroyer or bigger, then your right, till then, please read up on the reason why this line exists

RE: Zoners - Karlotta - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 09:42 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: Karlotta, you're sounding like my old friend, Zelote, on this. He once said to me that the Zoners should disarm if they truly want peace. Why? So that it's easier for pirates and God knows who else can "push them around easier?" We both know that would be the end result. I guess I'll add to my original thought. A true Zoner will negotiate and talk first but if forced to fight, they will. Me? I've vested too much time in my assets to watch all of my RP cargo and work get shot away.

Please ask Zelot to come back here if you're still in touch with him, I miss him dearly.

I would never say that Zoners should disarm completely. People shouldn't be forced to RP them in one constraining way, since they are explicitly said to be diverse and loosely affiliated. I would be ok with it if Zoners got another Battleship as replacement. My beef is with the fact that:

1. A Colony Ship... the only one in the game... is effectively made to be a Battleship, and is therefore used in very unrealistic ways by players. It has been shown time and time again that "change the players not the mod" leads to drama, bullying, and people smearing other players while shining their own halo to keep others from doing and having the same stuff they want to have themselves hoping to be "unique".

2. Because of the Battleship Status, potential RP of the Colony Ship as Colony ship is reduced because people see it as a Battleship threat instead of a mobile colony with unique RP potential.

Zoners may want to live outside of house space, but that doesnt mean they were all born outside of house space and never travel through it. Allowing mobile Colonies to also access house space... being non-battleships... would open possibilities for a plethora of RP possibilities, and bring RP diversity and eye candy (the Neph being one of the best looking ships) to people there. Additionally, if they weren't Battleships it would solve the Neph spam problem by itself. The hull could be buffed if you think it becomes too vulnerable without battleship weapons.

(02-01-2018, 12:32 AM)"Jade Fire Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 12:25 AM)Lusitano Wrote:

Okay, but are those corperations also neutral to pirates and unlawfuls? No their not, but Zoners are. Junkers are hated in Kusari and Gallia also, Zoners are not. Zoners are neutral to all factions in the game save the nomads, meaning they can dock on both unlawful, lawful, civilian and corperate stations AND they get caps, I don't see other corperations flying battleships, carriers or cruisers, and if you can list one corperation with a cruiser, destroyer or bigger, then your right, till then, please read up on the reason why this line exists

yes. there are coorported that are even friendly with unlawfulss, and like i said before, zoners are not imune to piracy and even had targets on their backs. junkers are hated on kusari and if you go to the gallia oficial faction information page, you can see that zoners are not very welcome, so if i go there in a zoner transport and a player sees me, i can be in trouble. coorporations don't fly caps because they are protected by goverment and police that they belong. and i also replied to the reaon why this line exists, but i also see many people "washing their laundry" here and not saying tone single word about the original subject of post, and i simple said that more important than a huge ship, with big guns, be allowed in house space, why a simple transport can't!
and about neutral to all .. i have 3 chars zoners and NONE is neutral to all factions, and no matter the restart i use, and no matter the bribes or npc shooting, there will be factions that those chars will be red, so i simple choose what are more important to at least not be attacked by their npcs and those i don't care. simple!