Discovery Gaming Community
Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=157109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Zoners - Karlotta - 02-02-2018

Do transport EMP guns drain powercore too?

If they do, 22 transport guns that can fire with pretty much unlimited power seem to be enough for protection.

RE: Zoners - Kyoi - 02-03-2018

(02-02-2018, 11:35 PM)Karlotta Wrote: Do transport EMP guns drain powercore too?

If they do, 22 transport guns that can fire with pretty much unlimited power seem to be enough for protection.
As long as a weapon does more shield damage than 50% of its hull damage value, it drains powercore equal to that difference.

RE: Zoners - Thunderer - 02-03-2018

If you mount transport turrets on a Nephilim, you will have a problem.

Transport turrets' range is about 1000 meters. The Nephilim is 1120 meters long.

RE: Zoners - Karlotta - 02-03-2018

So whats the problem? You dont need to shoot anyone with the turret from the opposite side of your boat. IT has turrets on all sides.

RE: Zoners - Karlotta - 02-05-2018

If the influential Zoners that fly Nephs agree with the following statements, it would be nice if they expressed their desire to finally solve this age old point of contention towards the devs.

Zoners should be permitted to dock Nephilim Mobile Colonies in House space and have all their turret mounts converted to transport turret mounts.

That will:
- increase RP diversity
-show new people an awesome sides of the mod intermingled with RP early on.
-stop people from using colony ships to farm nomad remains (the Neph is currently the best suited ship to do that)
-stop people from using colony ships to enforce no fire zones around freeports
-make the Nephilim a rare ship like it's supposed to be.

If Zoners absolutely need a Battleship, they can SRP Battleships from other factions, convert the Aquilon to a BS, or get another BS that isnt a mobile colony at the same time.

RE: Zoners - Neraxon - 02-05-2018

"I don't understand this discussion at all. Another one of completely useless waste of time."

It should stay like it is now.

But I would love to see all the nephs stucked in tradelanes while someone tries to move through.

RE: Zoners - MotokoSusu - 02-05-2018

just give me the chain gun and I will be happy I will convert it now if that weapon was in game for that size craft. also there members here that need to evolve with the game and get over themselves. people make suggestions in any of the threads and it seems for the most part the same people are QQ about any changes. Pfft you wonder why you can not keep new players *rolls eyes*. also a good neph captian don't get stuck in trade lanes. at first yes getting stuck was most frustrating thing EVER . BUT you adapt how you fly much in the same way people here need to adapt. also I neeed to point out zoners players just want what every one else sees going on like why is a cryer cap allowed to fly freely in house space and why do they have a cap. I always hear(meaning read) people that the reason the Bustard and the Corvo are allowed to fly in house space because they are civilan ship when one is clearly a carrier and the other a cruiser and it say so in the name so it ok because it has nerfed offence. GEEEEES pretty much the same that this thread has been about.

Face it. it is the elitist attitude of the players in house space namely navy that don't want to deal with it plain and simple. Yet they well pew pew with their friend on pirates or hell fire alllll day like children taking turns play cops and robbers. but throw a Neph in the MIX and it is like who the hell are you to enter house space. because for like my self some people play zoners because they are not power hungry children. How many time has anyone paid attention to the new player departing player messages I know that many of the house navy also play house navy in other houses. this is what I mean by the statement I made.

as mention before by me would it be funny if every neph owner decided to just ban together regardless if it was OORP (because most of you think the Neph is being used OORP anyway) and just attack every house space one at a time. then you would really have something to QQ about.

so just give me my G%DD$%N chain guns and put this to rest

RE: Zoners - ColKlink - 02-05-2018

Hmm...

Oh jeeze, I'm a zoner Colony vessel going to make a colony, dotadotatdo

Yay, we have finally found a suitable colony and have been living successfully for 20 years....HAAZA!

What should we do with or Colony Ship....i know turn it into a battleship to protect us while we grow....oh wait, i can't do that. The Disco zealots wont let us. Oh well, We are undefended then.

Some time in the Future....

Oh no..Sombra and his merry band of nomads are attacking our colony, and the Neph has been decommissioned and is in disrepair.
If only we were allowed to upgrade it and use it for defense. Woe is us.... :'(

All praise the Disco Zealots, they will save our colony.

Disco is the bible....Disco is the bible!

RE: Zoners - Doc Holliday - 02-05-2018

Quote:Zoners should be permitted to dock Nephilim Mobile Colonies in House space and have all their turret mounts converted to transport turret mounts.
Um...No!

I've said it before, Zoner lore makes the Nephilim a very secret, very rare ship that are expensive to construct and hard to build. Couple that with the Zoners wanting to AVOID house life as much as possible and I ask the question, why would ANY true Zoner want to bring a Nephilim to say, Manhattan? I wouldn't. I've ventured into Leeds once a couple of years back with MF1 and that's it. It lives in borderworlds......where it should live.

Quote:That will:
- increase RP diversity
-show new people an awesome sides of the mod intermingled with RP early on.
-stop people from using colony ships to farm nomad remains (the Neph is currently the best suited ship to do that)
-stop people from using colony ships to enforce no fire zones around freeports
-make the Nephilim a rare ship like it's supposed to be.

Only maybe on the first. A true Zoner knows how to RP. A lot of non-Zoner players don't know as evidenced by their desire to pew pew. Don't believe me? Read the sanction list. A majority of them, even when I was an admin, are due to a lack of RP.

If a player wants to use a Colony ship to farm then so be it. Med Force One keeps only a couple of samples for research and nothing else. If a player wants to cause friction with the Nomads then it is on their head.
I WOULD support the idea of NOT using them on Freeport NFZ enforcement but since players must go to their capital ships for assault then I will disagree for now which brings me to the point of armament. All too often I've been told by criminal factions that "if you want peace, you should disarm." Horse hockey!! You watch how quick someone disarms and then gets pushed around by, say, the Corsairs.....or the Outcasts........
I will sleep better at night knowing that I'm able to defend myself IF I need to. As always, fighting should be and forever will be the last resort for a true Zoner.

RE: Zoners - Thyrzul - 02-05-2018

> Significant part of the faction's lore is that they chose to stay away from the houses. Both ID and IFF infocard confirmst that.
> Significant part of the ship's lore is that it's rare as fück. Infocard states it can usually be found at the edge of known space.
> "it is the elitist attitude of the players in house space"

Yeah, sure.

EDIT: Note to self: Players with 1-2 year old accounts and huge Nephilims as their signature are the best source of information about why it would be good if Nephilims could freely roam house space.