Discovery Gaming Community
Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=157109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Zoners - Arioch - 01-16-2018

Couple points here -

1: Zoners (at least many that I have interacted with) aren't opposed to lessening the weapon capacity on Nephs. The hardcore Zoner players that I've spoken with are actually in favor of Nephs being in limited number, and not used as freaking battleships. They're not battleships. They're Colony ships. With that said though, I do believe they should be armed somewhat to be able to ward off enemies/aliens in Fringe space. it's a colony ship - you have a colony. You better believe it's going to have some insane amount of armor and defensive capabilities to protect the people living aboard.

2: Nephs in House space doesn't make a ton of sense, unless they are passing through on the RARE occasion. Nephs are (again) Colony ships. Their purpose is essentially mobile freeports initially (not discounting the RP of those who RP it being a Research facility, etc). So having a mobile Freeport go into house space doesn't serve a huge purpose inRP, given they're meant to be in unknown or less-inhabited space. Having a shuttle to and from House space to one of the Colony ships makes more sense.

Really, in my mind, Nephs should be a rare sight instead of common place - similar to a Marduk. Yes you see them occasionally from those who fly them, but they're not everywhere and not spammed. I'd love Nephs to be similar - which would mean you would VERY rarely see them in House space.

RE: Zoners - Nodoka Hanamura - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 03:51 PM)Karlotta Wrote: That's rather a discussion about if a Mobile Colony should have battleship class weapons at all. Mobile Colonies shouldn't be taken into battle at all.

Then there's also the possibility of not mounting any guns while being in House space.

I beg to differ, unless they are supplanted in the BS area by a actual battleship. They may be manned by Lolwuts and the sort, and sure, you can complain that Zoners shouldn't have immense firepower, but I can see the numerous attacks on Freeport 11 and elsewhere going very differently with no BS-type capitals, as well as apocalyptic whinging that will ensue from the downgrade. Yes, Mobile Colonies shouldn't be taken into battle - No, We shouldn't be stripped of what keeps our FPs from being sodomized by the powers that be in the Omicrons and Taus.

What I DO agree on, is that the Nephilim should be harder to acquire. I say that their price be increased substantially, along with the other high end capitals that are being spammed (to around 750-800M Credits).

Furthermore, no, Foreign Capitals should not be intruding house space unless they want to start a rampage and piss off the authorities in the process.

RE: Zoners - MotokoSusu - 01-30-2018

Ah the Neph debate resurface like a bad penny once again. The bigger issues at hand it the BS spam :and that could be taken in so many directions: of every house there is. If you look at liberty for instance they have the largest fleet of BS in all the houses and as I see it a navy should have a cap on the larger caps as well as each player faction and so on. Now the Neph. Some forward thinking houses give permanent cap permits for travel through their space. Speaking from a Neph owner we fly those systems and never at any time have we open fired on someone unless they think is fun to take pot shots at in a snub and we gentaly pop them with a secondary turret and that fixes that. They fly way and we continue on with our business.

There has been many times the opportunity has come where we could have just blast some snot nose brats in to space but we refrain from it is not in our RP. Also we RP the vessel as it is intended as Moble Research Platforms. This lolneph is just insulting. These ship do not need to be nerfed in arms. That just paints a big target on the backs of anyone that has the vessel. because if you are going to nerf one then you nerf them all.

Playing a Zoner in this server is harder then any RP server I have been on. You are left with few options in game play either you float around aimlessly in space and have some sort of RP or be a research group and type your fool head off RPing in forums and to what end. Do you get one of your research project in the game which I give a 25% chance, but you do it anyway.

You can not land a Whale in house space, because in some weird way you are power gaming or mete or what ever lame title was given to it. when every other faction for the most part can land a 5k in house space. So how are the not power gaming? For the most part the Zoners take the most hits in this server than any other faction. we don't have a system we piggy back off everyone else Baffin is like land locked and as far as disco you place us way out in the middle of nowhere. A Neph should be able to travel to any system that has a Freeport or Zoners station in it unmolested plan and simple they are Zoners assets. But ooooh noo you most likely get greeted by 5 BS of what ever faction you happen to be in. So really who are the ones that actually need nerfing.

RE: Zoners - HassLHoFF™ - 01-30-2018

Nephs can't dock at planets anyway.

RE: Zoners - Corile - 01-30-2018

Quote:... should be permitted to dock Nephilim Mobile Colonies in House space.

No, they shouldn't.

/thread

RE: Zoners - MotokoSusu - 01-30-2018

there is a slight correction HassLHoff Nephs can land on planets it is in the info card they can. also you can land on Erie in PA actually any border world and outer rim planet that has a morring. it just the house planets you can not land on. if any ships that can not land on a planets is most all the Caps that do not have in the info card they can use Planetfall. because from what I know of ship construction in space most all space born caps are never ment to land on a planet. the reason for being built in space is that they would never achieve escape velocity if planet built. I could break out all the engineering science but this is all make believe anyway.

RE: Zoners - Shiki - 01-31-2018

Turn Neph into a liner and be done with it.

RE: Zoners - Lythrilux - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 01:31 AM)Shikizumi Wrote: Turn Neph into a liner and be done with it.

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

RE: Zoners - Nodoka Hanamura - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 01:34 AM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 01:31 AM)Shikizumi Wrote: Turn Neph into a liner and be done with it.

^^^^^^^^^^ This.

Only if I can throw Archos out an Airlock.

RE: Zoners - Thunderer - 01-31-2018

If it gets transport weapons instead of BS weapons, it's just an oversized Bustard. Bustards can already do that. So, why not?

I think that the players who fly Nephs prefer their BS weapons over some docking rights in some House space. Most Nephs are used to farm nomnoms. There is no nomnoms in House space.