Discovery Gaming Community
Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=157109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Zoners - Enkidu - 01-31-2018

I personally love shooting Nephilims, you sillies. I don't mean that in a trolly way. Nephs are great RP tools when used well and fun as bomber targets when used hilariously. I'm totally okay with house-based groups blowing up Nephies as Zoners are meant to have an inherent distrust of the houses. Someone lolNephs into house space? Shoot 'em. They have those turrets, let them fight back.

Big targets are always RP + gameplay magnets. It's human nature.

RE: Zoners - MotokoSusu - 01-31-2018

Indestructible? Hmmm...*ponders that* that is agreeable. But we all know that will never happen. if you make it that way and take away the guns I can live with that. Thou the comment that nephs should not be farming in the omicons is just plain stupid you are limiting one more things that the Zoners can do in their own ZoI. At that logic you might as well get rid of the faction altogether. but that is my personal opinion on that. Back to the Neph. I agree with Sombra. I am a propionate if you nerf the guns you have to give Uberamor basically make it sooo hard to kill it that the enemy get bord and goes away. We did not decide to pick the Neph because it was a huge battle ship we picked it because it is a huge ship that would be believable Mobel Research Platform that could house a full research station with their families and support equipment that we carry in our cargo haul. Also it is not the average looking cereal box in space. I give Kudos to the person that designed that ship. Also you have to think this ship from what I gather is a ship that is far older then the combat caps so that would make sense it has never been upgraded to fend of combat ships

RE: Zoners - Enkidu - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 05:24 AM)MotokoSusu Wrote: Indestructible? Hmmm...*ponders that* that is agreeable. But we all know that will never happen. if you make it that way and take away the guns I can live with that. Thou the comment that nephs should not be farming in the omicons is just plain stupid you are limiting one more things that the Zoners can do in their own ZoI. At that logic you might as well get rid of the faction altogether. but that is my personal opinion on that. Back to the Neph. I agree with Sombra. I am a propionate if you nerf the guns you have to give Uberamor basically make it sooo hard to kill it that the enemy get bord and goes away. We did not decide to pick the Neph because it was a huge battle ship we picked it because it is a huge ship that would be believable Mobel Research Platform that could house a full research station with their families and support equipment that we carry in our cargo haul. Also it is not the average looking cereal box in space. I give Kudos to the person that designed that ship. Also you have to think this ship from what I gather is a ship that is far older then the combat caps so that would make sense it has never been upgraded to fend of combat ships

Everything is meant to be destroyed. Playing a Zoner is not a way to avoid combat. It just means you have less opportunities to start the fight yourselves. I can see massive potential for toxicity from giant, unkillable ships with reasonable cargo.

How the hell is there any danger to an interaction if things can't die? It will result in lazy roleplay and elitism.

RE: Zoners - Neraxon - 01-31-2018

Using a Neph to research is a bit overdone... I mean research ships should to can go everywhere , I mean it just takes time to go in a neph through a asteroid field, but I think the best way to use a neph is to use it as Mobile Colony Ship, stationary orbiting a planet making life possible on it , terraformorming , providing FOW to a station etc. If you want a research vessel use the Corvo or the Feanturi.

I think its fine as it is now.

RE: Zoners - Lythrilux - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 03:43 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: The problem is that you're talking about ideal situations. In an ideal Discovery, we would have way enough people to deal with stuff fast enough to prevent certain groups from establishing in first place. Right now, we simply have to deal with 'annoyances'. We can all agree that lolwuts of any kind are an annoyance, and many people will agree that discussions like these which pop up every six months are an annoyance as well. Doesn't mean you should be banned again.

As opposed to letting stupidity continue? If we can create a solution to an issue, why not implement it? Dealing with problems by ganging up on nuisances and killing them is not a productive solution.

(01-31-2018, 03:43 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Neither Core or Order have heavy battleships. PvE-interested people will always go for Heavy battleships, the heaviest of the heavies. If I was one of them, I'd take the Nephilim, the Redemption or the Ranseur (within 2.5K range - mission range - dodging in battleships is almost impossible, especially against NPCs with infinite power core). The best bet is providing people with heavy battleships for the Omicron Delta factions, not taking away what does not need to be fixed from factions you don't play anyway.

Irrelevant. Recent battleship changes have made it entirely possible to farm solo in a light battleship. And you're admitting that the Neph isn't being used for it's intended purpose. On a less related note: as the Dev team keeps stalling the models made by U_S, and with other modellors turning up short, I can't agree that in this point in time giving factions heavy battleships would solve the issue. Besides, that wouldn't really fix the issue anyway, that's more of a distractive fix.

(01-31-2018, 03:43 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: I can't think of any single person who was actually able to play a Nephilim the way one would think it is supposed to be, a mobile freeport or colony ship. You can't dock with it and you can't colonize planets with it.

I've met loads of Zoner players who have done this. The only limit is your imagination.

(01-31-2018, 03:43 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Changing the guns? Making the ship even more of a sacrificial lamb than it already is won't make people play it more. People will get mad about it.

Changing the guns on the neph is not going to harm activity. The ship has an intended purpose. People are not using it for that purpose and are using it in silly, non-constructive ways. Activity-wise, the Neph players that actually care about roleplay will not be affected; only the lolwuts that are better off in conn would be gone.

In any event, I don't think changing the guns is really going to affect the current scenario of Nephs being jumped on by multiple Nomad caps/snubs, with Core/Corsair ships having to intervene to save them. Which funnily enough is good RP, as a Zoner's best weapon is their diplomacy.

(01-31-2018, 04:00 AM)The League Wrote: Okay, stupidity aside, Zoner colony ships are restricted due to hardcoded limitations the dev team simply cannot work their way around. They are literally just cities in space, with enough defenses to discourage assailants. The operative word here being "discourage".

And people are flying these mobile cities head first into swarms of Nomad Battleships to "discourage" them from not dropping remains...

(01-31-2018, 05:24 AM)MotokoSusu Wrote: comment that nephs should not be farming in the omicons is just plain stupid you are limiting one more things that the Zoners can do in their own ZoI.

Can you justify why Nephs shouldn't be farming? I'd like to hear your argument Smile

Zoners also don't have a ZoI. They have a very gracious amount of freedom in regards to where they can go and what they can do - provided you are following Zoner RP properly.

It's not like Zoners would be totally robbed of defences. They have Cruisers (OP Cruisers, thanks Antonio). I can't imagine they wouldn't be far behind these mobile cities.

RE: Zoners - Jadon King - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 12:57 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Can you justify why Nephs shouldn't be farming? I'd like to hear your argument [Image: smiling.png]

This

Is

A

Game.
Most games are meant to be fun, like taking a Heavy Battleship to grind codnames (Which I still have yet to see a player get a drop) is fun for some people.

And yes, Nephs are Colony ships, but I can easily say that anyone of these have been re-purposed as a self sufficient dreadnought, all they need is a dry dock for repairs like Lividia. Is it a quick hand wave? Yes, yes it is. But is works.

(01-31-2018, 01:20 PM)Jadon King Wrote: Most games are meant to be fun, like taking a Heavy Battleship to grind codnames (Which I still have yet to see a player get a drop) is fun for some people.

The example you listed is fine (TIL you can farm codenames from missions). But Nomad farming is not. It's against their roleplay and takes away activity from Core and Order. It's mindless amusement without direction, purpose or point.

(01-31-2018, 01:20 PM)Jadon King Wrote: but I can easily say that anyone of these have been re-purposed as a self sufficient dreadnought, all they need is a dry dock for repairs like Lividia. Is it a quick hand wave? Yes, yes it is. But is works.

You can easily say it - but that very big, ludicrous quick handwave that doesn't really justify it. Zoners aren't warship builders.

RE: Zoners - Jadon King - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 01:30 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: But Nomad farming is not. It's against their roleplay and takes away activity from Core and Order. It's mindless amusement without direction, purpose or point.

*Nomads constantly strike at the Freeport*
*Core 1iC expects Zoners to sit around with their fingers up their butts*
*Also says this doesn't let Order/Core do stuff*
Explain how people playing with Nephs takes away from either of those factions? No really, I want to know. Because I know for a fact that people log Core to grind Cap missions in delta. Maybe not Official Faction ships but indi Mako's are not a strange sight in Delta, yeah Rho is empty, mostly because there's not much to do there.
And hate to parrot others but, with the "It doesn't fit their RP" neither does Order suddenly having a large fleet after Toledo despite everything saying that the Order is on life support InRP.

(01-31-2018, 01:39 PM)Jadon King Wrote: *Nomads constantly strike at the Freeport*
*Core 1iC expects Zoners to sit around with their fingers up their butts*

They've got cruisers, gunboats, bombers, fighters. Taking BS guns off the Neph doesn't neuter them from being able to defend themselves at all. And when they do require the heavy guns, they simply contact local groups for assistance

(01-31-2018, 01:39 PM)Jadon King Wrote: *Also says this doesn't let Order/Core do stuff*
Explain how people playing with Nephs takes away from either of those factions? No really, I want to know. Because I know for a fact that people log Core to grind Cap missions in delta. Maybe not Official Faction ships but indi Mako's are not a strange sight in Delta, yeah Rho is empty, mostly because there's not much to do there.
And hate to parrot others but, with the "It doesn't fit their RP" neither does Order suddenly having a large fleet after Toledo despite everything saying that the Order is on life support InRP.

For every Neph that farms, it could be an Ossie or Mako instead.

And whilst I do agree with your sentiments about the magic Order fleet, it would still make more sense for them to farm than Zoners because they have both the expertise and equipment to do so. As I said previously, diving into a group of Nomad battleships, or heading into the deeper and more dealy Nomad systems to farm, with a mobile colony ship filled with people makes no sense.

RE: Zoners - Thyrzul - 01-31-2018

If you want to hunt Nomad NPCs, chose an appropriate vessel, an actual warship, and an appropriate faction, Order, Core, Corsairs, or in the more extreme cases, house intel factions. If you want to fly Nephilims as a Zoner, use them appropriately and responsibly.

Nephilims are Colony ships with inRP hundreds of civilians on board the vessel. They have battleship-grade arms and armor to defend them, not to hunt the most dangerous aliens out there for their skin, and endanger those civilians on board in the meanwhile.

Don't farm Nomads in Nephilims. It's stupid and ooRP. Period.