Discovery Gaming Community
Jumphole Overhaul - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Jumphole Overhaul (/showthread.php?tid=157354)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Jumphole Overhaul - Karlotta - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 03:38 PM)SnakThree Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 03:29 PM)Karlotta Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 03:26 PM)SnakThree Wrote: So do you want to choke people on fewer connections? Jump Holes should be for convenience rather than some attempt to forcefully put players in each path.

Forcing players onto the same paths and systems is exactly what MUST be done to raise player interactions. I'm surprised not everyone has understood that by now.

So that increases interaction count. Yet in another comment you are against JD used to initiate faster interaction as that doesn't raise activity by your (double)standard.

Best if you could decide what you want

Do you realize that raising interaction by jumping into an existing activity hub is very different than creating activity hubs?

The people that you jump to have to have a reason to actually be where they are.

They're hardly going to wait there hoping someone will jump onto them, unless you're organizing a planned event.

RE: Jumphole Overhaul - Thyrzul - 01-24-2018

Your proposal isn't about increasing activity, but removing and realigning a few connections in order to streamline existing activity into nodes and routes, which by the way is kinda achieved by the main Kusari-Liberty-Rheinland-Bretonia network already. My proposal would be to include Gallia equally into this network, and as an extension of the initial concept, place the Delta node in between all of them within equal reach.

There is no guarantee either of our proposals will be "increasing server activity", due to several other factors I anticipate it won't. I also can't help if you fail to grasp the concept behind my proposal and discard it due to misinterpretation.

(01-24-2018, 03:37 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
Either way, Devs made it clear they don't intend to do any significant change to the map layout, so unless that stance eventually changes, this thread remains pointless.

RE: Jumphole Overhaul - Lythrilux - 01-24-2018

JD thread: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=157362&pid=1964872#pid1964872

(01-24-2018, 03:58 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
Your proposal isn't about increasing activity, but removing and realigning a few connections in order to streamline existing activity into nodes and routes, which by the way is kinda achieved by the main Kusari-Liberty-Rheinland-Bretonia network already. My proposal would be to include Gallia equally into this network, and as an extension of the initial concept, place the Delta node in between all of them within equal reach.

There is no guarantee either of our proposals will be "increasing server activity", due to several other factors I anticipate it won't. I also can't help if you fail to grasp the concept behind my proposal and discard it due to misinterpretation.

Either way, Devs made it clear they don't intend to do any significant change to the map layout, so unless that stance eventually changes, this thread remains pointless.

Then why don't you either go work on your 3D concept to present it in a way that people who aren't as smart as you can grasp, or make some concrete suggestions that would make Gallia more active with the easily actionable concept I'm presenting, instead of getting all salty about it here?

Because I'm having exams until the end of the month. Dropping a notice in there meanwhile studying didn't take too much time, arguing with you does however, and I really got better things to do. What is so hard in understanding this?

(01-24-2018, 02:46 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
New, more elaborate 3D plans coming soon in February.

You're the one that keeps coming back here to argue about things that arent the topic of the thread, Thyrzul.

Now go study.

Yes, thank you Thyrzul, I think you've made your opinion well known by now. Time to study.

I made two version of Gallia that kind of focuses activity to Ile de france and makes travel to gallia faster.

However because Gallia never was designed in this activity-focusing way that the rest of Sirius was in Vanilla, it's not possible to do it without heavy system and lore changes. That's why I'm not including it in the larger map yet, but I'm always open for ideas as long as they require very little work from devs.

[Image: eGU1TUy.png] [Image: 993Y41J.png]

(01-24-2018, 03:36 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Alpha is not an activity hub anymore sadly. Buffer systems and death of OC-Corsair conflict killed it. Now imagine if both factions could instantaneously jump to Alpha or Gamma? In less than two minutes you could be in a huge brawl. It'd certainly draw interest again.

Missed this earlier.

That's why buffer systems have already been removed.

Alpha/Gamma raids were far from being the only thing that brought the activity. They can only take place if there are already people in the system first. They were more a symptom of the activity than the cause.

People used to be there to smuggle, do missions, train PvP , and get the superior OC and CO gear. If you don't bring any of that back, you wont bring back activity either.