Discovery Gaming Community
DND Character Drawing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: DND Character Drawing (/showthread.php?tid=15744)

DND Character Drawing - Tidomann - 01-26-2009

I'm looking for someone to make a character drawing for one of my characters. I'm willing to pay credits in the server for the work.

Although coloring isn't necissary, it will definately increase the payment. We can discuss everything via PM, I'll give you more information on the character, and the style I'd prefer.:)

DND Character Drawing - eodas2 - 01-26-2009

I can draw... some details please?

DND Character Drawing - tansytansey - 01-26-2009

Yes. Without a description all you'll get is this.
[Image: 170px-Stick_Figure.svg.png]

I can give it a shot though, with a little info.

DND Character Drawing - Tidomann - 01-27-2009

Alright sorry for the lack of info, I didn't want a million people jumping up and drawing picture without getting some kind of appreciation or payment. Pretty much I'm going to be playing a Minotaur fighter. Although he is not going to be a fully beastly player, his presence is still quite intimidating. Standing at about 7'5" he is going to be a towering obelisk in the battlefield. Although he is more soft spoken, he is quick to become annoyed.

His fur is black, and is usually maintained which is a contrast to his man, longer, running down his back, with a grayer tone. His stance is usually tall and resolute.

His armor is not of the finest quality. It has seen it's fair share of use, and the signs of use are apparent. Scratches, and a dirtier look than what most knights would be seen wearing. It is more of an opposing black steel colour, which is different from the usual shining plate armor. He doesn't exactly wear shoes, and his legs underneath the plate leggings have longer hair near the hooves, which flows backwards behind him as it approaches his large hooves.

I tend to prefer armor that looks feasible, although I can easily be a sucker to flashy looking armor (Ex. I love the warrior Tier 4 helm in World of warcraft [on a tauren] although it wouldn't be feasible at all). Therefore I'm giving you artists freedom, but i hope you are able to pull inspiration from my examples. Here is a picture which can hopefully be used as inspiration. Of course, the armor won't contain much of the chain look, and will instead he will be fully decorated in the plate portions.

Link to the Picture

I really like the look of the upper body (shoulder pads, chest etc.), but I do hope his look is much more imposing than this. What I hope you draw from the photo is colouring of the fur and armor. I also hope my character is much larger, in terms of bulk. But like I said go wild, this is simply to be used as inspiration.

For the picture, I'm imagining him standing, his sword (fullblade) inverted (hilt on top, blade towards the ground), thrusted into the ground, his hands resting on the hilt. Imagine a statuesque pose. I want to have the picture angled up towards him, as if someone of regular height was standing in front of my character. This can at least give you some relief, since you can pretty much cut out his legs, hopefully saving you some hassle, although you can do what you think will work best.

Let me know what you guys think, and anyone still wanting to tackle it, we can arrange a price.

PS I love the stick figure picture.. I'll pay you a million for it!:P

DND Character Drawing - eodas2 - 01-27-2009

basically, minotaur with armor. hmkay. Think I can do this.
I do hope it is not for some anthro disco rp stuff, though...