Discovery Gaming Community
Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information (/showthread.php?tid=157610)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Gallic Royal Intelligence - 02-01-2018

[Image: dKoAkTl.png]

Tag: GRI|
ID: Gallic Royal Intelligence ID
IFF: GRI

Information

The history of Gallic intelligence reaches back to the founding of the Royal Navy. Office of Naval Intelligence was a branch of the GRN tasked with intelligence and reconnaissance. Following the Gallic invasion of Sirius, the ONI operated in tandem with the main invading force, often providing crucial information about enemy positions.

Following the restructuring of the Royal Navy in 824 A.S., the ONI also needed to be reformed. With the previous Director currently missing in action, the intelligence agency was taken under direct control of the Crown and the search of a new Director candidate began.

The suitable replacement soon was found in the decorated war hero and a veteran of the Tau front François Lecocq. Tasked with returning the Royal Intelligence to its former glory, Lecocq at last separated the intelligence service from the Royal Navy and formed an entirely independent entity - the Gallic Royal Intelligence.

The role of GRI is largely the same as its predecessors -- providing the Navy and other relevant groups with information about their enemies. GRI agents will often be dispatched on missions deep behind enemy lines with intents of disrupting their operations, severing supply lines or other illicit activity. Instances of bribing local criminals to temporarily side with the Gallic force haven't been unheard of either.

The GRI chiefly operates out of two bases. Its main headquarters are located on LD-14 in the Leeds system, while a forward operating base is the RNS Embrun in Manchester.

Naming

GRI|Firstname.Lastname
This naming convention is used for agents and snubcraft.

GRI|RNS-Shipname
This naming convention is used for capital ships assigned to the GRI.

Ranks

Director ______________________ ★★★★★
Director is the person in charge of the GRI. They are responsible for smooth operation of the intelligence force and any failures usually fall on their head.

Deputy Director ____________ ★★★★
Deputy Director is responsible for matters that the Director is unable to attend to, as well as takes up Director's responsibilities if they are temporarily or permanently out of commission.

Special Agent _______________ ★★★★★
Special Agents are often tasked with the most dangerous missions, deep inside enemy territory. They are ace pilots who excel at the art of espionage.

Agent _________________________ ★★★★★
Agents are the bulk of the GRI force. They usually accompany Special Agents for missions inside enemy territory and fight alongside the main GRN attack squadrons.

Agent in training __________ ★★★★
Agent in training is the initial rank of any new recruit into the GRI. They are sworn in, put in the cheapest and most disposable ship the GRI has around and asked to prove their worth.

Allied:

Gallic Royal Navy
Gallic Royal Police
Gallic Corporations

Friendly:

Kusari Corporations
Rheinland Corporations

Neutral:

Unione Corse
Gas Miners Guild
Independent Miners Guild
Kusari Authorities
Rheinland Authorities

Suspicious:

Aoi Voilé
Kempeitai
Corsairs
Hogosha
The Core

Hostile:

Everyone else.

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Gallic Royal Intelligence - 02-01-2018

[reserved]

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Lanakov - 02-01-2018

Very pleased to see a GRI faction pop up - I'll be keeping a close eye on you. Don't hesitate to give me a ring if you need help with anything or have ideas regarding cooperation with the MRG.

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Secret Intelligence Service - 02-01-2018

At long last.

I do hope this becomes a thing, it will be nice to see some covert operations from Gallia, if you wish to set out some events or whatever. SIS will be down.

Look forward to seeing where this goes.

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Thyrzul - 02-01-2018

[Image: PGbPGD1.png]

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Thunderer - 02-01-2018

Why not use a French name, like the Marine Royale Gauloise?

PS: I like your page. Eye pleasing design, concise description, simple ranks, simple diplomacy sheet. The simplest systems are those that work best.

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Havok - 02-01-2018

I like the design, I am happy to see a GRI faction around again.

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Bulldog. - 02-01-2018

Looks good.

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Shiki - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 02:54 PM)Havok Wrote: I like the design, I am happy to see a GRI faction around again.

Again? I don't think I can remember any.

RE: Gallic Royal Intelligence - Faction Information - Havok - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 03:03 PM)Shikizumi Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 02:54 PM)Havok Wrote: I like the design, I am happy to see a GRI faction around again.

Again? I don't think I can remember any.

Well, it used to be GRN|ONI so it wasn't a seperate faction.