Discovery Gaming Community
Finished Ingame Help System - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Finished Ingame Help System (/showthread.php?tid=157918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - TheJarl - 03-06-2018

You mention quickdocking directly under the Combat header (268021(i)). That seems a bit weird to me especially since the sentence before it and after it are really about combat. Other than that it all looks fine to me really.

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - Karlotta - 03-06-2018

(03-06-2018, 02:33 PM)TheJarl Wrote: You mention quickdocking directly under the Combat header (268021(i)). That seems a bit weird to me especially since the sentence before it and after it are really about combat. Other than that it all looks fine to me really.

Thanks for reading and for the suggestion. I edited the infocard. It's in the combat department because I've seen a lot of noobs die during combat because they didnt know about quickdock. It's really important for pirates, especially, and hopefully will make playing pirate more attractive to noobs if they know about it early on.

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - HassLHoFF™ - 03-08-2018

- Read twice the histories and they seem fine.

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - Karlotta - 03-08-2018

A quick summary of the proof-reading by others:

Ash, Vendetta, and The Jarl proof-read all even if they didn’t have corrections for every part. Antonio and Sand_Spider proof-read all except history, Ends and Thunderer did rules, HassLHoFF proof-read History. Taeni, eigos, Ends, and sand_spider said they intend to proof read more when they have time.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

All their suggestions were adopted/implemented one way or another.

As before, more proof-reading from everyone and anyone is more than welcome (send correction to me via PM or post it here).

Especially welcome would be proof-reading by admins+mods of rules, by infocard devs of everything, and by storyline devs of the history (especially Gallia).

I think at this point the only/biggest remaining problem is the lack of Gallic History comparable in quality to that of the vanilla houses.

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - Aeon C'bal - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 11:49 PM)Karlotta Wrote: A quick summary of the proof-reading by others:

Ash, Vendetta, and The Jarl proof-read all even if they didn’t have corrections for every part. Antonio proof-read all except history, Sand_spider general and combat help, Ends and Thunderer rules, HassLHoFF proof-read History. Taeni, eigos, Ends, and sand_spider said they intend to proof read more when they have time.

All their suggestions were adopted/implemented one way or another.

As before, more proof-reading from everyone and anyone is more than welcome (send correction to me via PM or post it here).

Proof-reading by admins of rules, by infocard devs of everything, and by storyline devs of the history (especially Gallia) would be especially welcome.

I think at this point the only/biggest remaining problem is the lack of Gallic History comparable in quality to those of the vanilla houses.

Gallia should get a revision anyway in my opinion.

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - HassLHoFF™ - 03-08-2018

Wrong account

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - Karlotta - 03-09-2018

(03-08-2018, 11:52 PM)The Gammuian Wrote: Gallia should get a revision anyway in my opinion.

I just pmed two storyline devs asking for info on gallia because I pretty much had to make up early gallic history myself since I couldnt find anything on it.

Also a little bump inviting bored admins/devs/mods to proof read the parts most relevant to them.

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - Kyoi - 03-09-2018

Proof-read Combat and Help. Ignored history because I never really cared for RP it's too obscure and scattered too far for me to find information. Has my endorsement. gl getting Gallia stuff

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - Karlotta - 03-10-2018

Thank you Ends. I used the wiki timelines to make the histories, and searches the ingame infocards for "Gallia" and "A.G.S" to find info for gallia because there was little on the wiki. It seems a lot of info about Gallia isnt to be found anywhere, maybe because the systems that contained the infocards got removed (still looking for info on the "Normandie rebels" and the first Gallic civil war).

A small update on the proof-reading:

Ash, Vendetta, and The Jarl proof-read all even if they didn’t have corrections for every part.

Antonio, Ends, and Sand_Spider proof-read all except history.

Thunderer read rules, HassLHoFF History.

Taeni, eigos, and Y'berg said they intend to proof read more when they have time.

RE: Need Proof-Readers for Help System - Karlotta - 03-13-2018

Proof-reading summary:

Ash, Vendetta, eigos, and The Jarl read all even if they didn’t propose corrections for every part.

Antonio, Ends, and Sand_Spider proof-read all except history.

Thunderer read rules, HassLHoFF History.

Taeni and Thyrzul pointed to things about Gallic history that helped re-write it into a version that's more sound and consistent with the rest of the lore.

Sorry if I forgot anyone's suggestions or reading.

I took into account/implemented everything I was given, and re-read everything again after that.

The Rules Compression is ready too (they could also be added to the Help System as 2 topics instead of one as "Rules" (1-3) and "Dedicated Rules"(4-6)).

Changes can still be fixed like any infocard in a patch if there's a problem, since pathces seem to be very frequent now.

So if the numbering range of infocards I used is considered to be fine, I'm ready to export them to files to make installing it easy. Unless its preferred to just copy-paste them from here.