Discovery Gaming Community
Mouse is Messing up - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Mouse is Messing up (/showthread.php?tid=158040)

Pages: 1 2

Mouse is Messing up - Movath - 02-12-2018

I've recently come back to Discovery after quite a while and was excited to return, however when I first booted up the game, the mouse cursor kept disappearing. At first I thought "Oh this just happens on first load up" but no, it's been a week and is really impacting my ability to play.

I run Windows 10 and have tried both uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works and I haven't found a proper fix yet.

If someone could help then it would be much appreciated.

RE: Mouse is Messing up - Sand_Spider - 02-12-2018

Hmmm... Have you tried right clicking once Freelancer booted up? Sometimes when my client boots up, the game does not register that the mouse curser is active within the game itself; right clicking solves this for me. Likewise, sometimes when I alt-tab out of Freelancer, I usually need to right click anywhere on my desktop or another program in order for the mouse to register that "Oh hey, I should be operating here, now."

If that doesn't work, try pressing Alt+Enter once Freelancer boots up to run windowed mode, *then* right click inside the game client. You can use the same command to re-enter Fullscreen mode.

RE: Mouse is Messing up - Movath - 02-12-2018

(02-12-2018, 09:13 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: Hmmm... Have you tried right clicking once Freelancer booted up? Sometimes when my client boots up, the game does not register that the mouse curser is active within the game itself; right clicking solves this for me. Likewise, sometimes when I alt-tab out of Freelancer, I usually need to right click anywhere on my desktop or another program in order for the mouse to register that "Oh hey, I should be operating here, now."

If that doesn't work, try pressing Alt+Enter once Freelancer boots up to run windowed mode, *then* right click inside the game client. You can use the same command to re-enter Fullscreen mode.

Didn't work. It's not like the mouse isn't working, it's more like the cursor is invisible. So it still works but I just can't see it and it bugs the hell out of me.

I wonder if your file for the image of the mouse is straight up missing? I have no idea what exact file to check would be, since I'm not a code monkey.

Yo! Who around here is adept at delving into game files?

Indeed, we'll need to inquire the services of a code jockey.

RE: Mouse is Messing up - Laz - 02-12-2018

Do you use any overlays by any chance? I know that Freelancer has a fit with a lot of different overlays for some random reason. I remember ages back when I used Evolve that FL has a hissy fit and stretched the cursor to the corner.

I've uninstalled Evolve and It works again!!!!
Thank you so damn much!!!

Lucky guess.

Evolve was good when its servers were running, but since then it's unusable. (Sadly)

Huzzah!! Much appreciated, @Laz

Have fun, Movath!

P.S. Consider applying for a Veteran Aid Package if you haven't already, since I see you've been around since 2015. Everyone needs a little help now and again; I know I did!

(02-12-2018, 10:27 PM)Sand_Spider Wrote: Movath

I didn't notice that. Bro, good to see you. Hit me up on steam if you wanna hand making some cash.