Discovery Gaming Community
Placing a Bounty. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Placing a Bounty. (/showthread.php?tid=15807)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Placing a Bounty. - looqas - 01-27-2009

I've been troubled over the issue somewhat.

Personally I think it's sorta cool to have a bounty on your head, but still I can't think of a good RP reason for Criminals to put a blanket bounty on authorities. In criminals' ZOI it's within RP but placing a blanket bounty to areas which are not exactly your core area of operations? The same goes for authorities. It's quite ok to have a blanket bounty within your own ZOI but covering a bigger area?

Some special cases like Synth Foods having a bounty on LWB are ok.

Individual bounties do not count here so lets not discuss about them.

So, your views on the RP of having blanket bounties.

Placing a Bounty. - Zapp - 01-27-2009

I think they're sort of necessary. However, guidelines are needed. For example...

The LPI bounty covers only the core Liberty systems plus Ontario and Illinois, covers only up to gunboat-sized criminals, covers only Rogues, Xenos, Hackers, Outcasts, and generic pirates, and can only be collected by Bounty Hunters.

That about covers the LPI's interests - anything bigger is the Navy's job, and terrorists like the Order and Phantoms are the LSF/LN's job.

The BHG Core Bounty covers the Omicrons/Omegas and Alaska only (as they have no business anywhere else), is collectable only by BHG, and also now requires them to be hostile to the person they're fighting.

Both restrict what ship classes the Hunter can use, showing that the people giving bounties don't care to waste resources.

Both in good RP, both demanding some sort of fairplay (I'd hope), both covering the interests of the parent organization. That about covers what any blanket bounty should be.

Placing a Bounty. - Stoat - 01-27-2009

It's good when it gives me something to do. It's bad when I get attacked by 5 or 6 over-eager souls at once. It's a no win situation really. Without them it can get pretty damn boring as someone hunting a bounty. With them, it can get very frustrating as the targets covered by those bounties.

Edit: and as usual, what Zapp says....

Placing a Bounty. - mwerte - 01-27-2009

we don't need more restrictions on what can be done ingame methinks.

Placing a Bounty. - ProwlerPC - 01-27-2009

I completely agree with blanket bounties only covering the payers ZoI.
Higher paid specific bounties would needed for anything further in my opinion, otherwise I feel it's almost an act of war to set a blanket bounty in the hostile target's territory as you are basicly sending an immeasurable amount of hired guns to invade.

Placing a Bounty. - Zapp - 01-27-2009

Restrictions on blanket bounties are to reduce abuse. If you say "Have at the Outcasts", you're opening the door for 10 BCs to camp Malta and blow up every Sabre and Dagger that undocks :\

Placing a Bounty. - Kambei - 01-27-2009

They are good if they have inner restriction like ship restriction (fighters colectable only by fighters...), reputation restriction (person claiming bounty must be red with victim...) and ZOI restriction (aviablle only in zoi of creator of bounty).

Placing a Bounty. - LA-384 - 01-27-2009

Indeed, blank bounties should be only obtained in zoi of the player's faction. For example: Corsairs having a blank bounty on bountyhunters, outcasts, red hessians. All should only be able to obtained when the bountyhunter, outcast or red hessian is inside corsair space (or close to it, for example cambridge, omega 7, omega 3). (so not the target's system).

If this is impossible, then ban blank bounties altogether. Placing bounties on entire nations/ethnicities, does resemble the actions of certain people we despise in real life.

Placing a Bounty. - Drake - 01-27-2009

While blanket bounties can get out of hand, such as a Sirius-wide bounty on any Outcast, I think making actual rules to ban such things is going too far. In most cases there's already a bounty on any given unlawful in any given area, so someone else making another bounty on those same unlawfuls in an overlapping area (or all of Sirius) isn't too big of a problem, it just makes more people aware.

What could perhaps be limited is the size of ships allowed to collect bounties. Many posted bounties already include these clauses, disallowing any ship larger than the target.

Placing a Bounty. - looqas - 01-27-2009

' Wrote:we don't need more restrictions on what can be done ingame methinks.

Me neither. I just want to raise discussion here. I agree that placing a bounty, that is plausible and "does not reek pvp justification", should be left to player's discretion and judgment.