Discovery Gaming Community
Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log (/showthread.php?tid=158090)

Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log - JorgeRyan - 02-14-2018

Voice Recording Activated
Time: Early hours of the morning, 7/2/825 AS
Dev Log: #145a

"So, I've had a look over the plans Stenn gave me, and they're pretty decent- I'm surprised that the company went bankrupt, if they're able to offer this kind tech- Merc's love their guns, and are willing to pay good credits for anything thats slightly back-shelf. Wouldn't be surprised if there was some corporate espionage invoked, to tell truth. Corps hate competition, and especially ones that could cut into their markets. Did a quick run over the Hamburg, to grab some extra Flammenwerfer's to see if I'll have any luck modifying them down a few chassis sizes- Heh, imagine that: A diet for guns *chuckles* .... I think I'll start with the plasma generator, then fine tune the launcher... *his voice trails off as he settles into the work*

Time: Evening, 7/2/825 AS

"Hmm, seems that Helium is probably the best uncut source material for the plasma, followed by Argon, of all things. I've had to modify the injection ports to try and keep the pressure contained, its building up faster than anticipated, due to the slower refire of the gun. Till I get more idea's on how to deal with the pressure, I'll be looking into how best launch the plasma- it's going to be tricky, unlike almost any other projectile, plasma has a mass, and so unfortunately adheres to 'classical' physics. Now, I'm thinking that a strong pulse of electromagnetic energy, shaped in a field around the reservoir, and along the barrel, might just do the trick here."

Time: Afternoon, 8/2/825 AS

"Farkin' magnets... *a deep sigh* I've had little success in correctly shaping the field around the barrel, cuz it starts interfering with the field used to contain the plasma in the reservoir, so that doesn't burning through and ruining the rest of the gun. I /think/ I might be able to do it with some really fu-##AUTO-CENSORED##- fancy wiring but... hmm... Ageria has some good tech for this, I'm sure of it... Guess I'll need to run a trip to Pueblo and see what they have on offer... *he stands up and stretches* I guess a short trip out wouldn't hurt...."

Voice Recording Deactivated

RE: Weapons Dev Log #145a - JorgeRyan - 02-26-2018

Time: Afternoon, 27/2/825 AS
Dev Log: #145b

"Well, that was interesting. Had some crazy lady come by to drop off the supplies I asked Stenn for. I had to focus on some other projects while I waited, but now... *cracks knuckles* Its time to get back work."

Time: Evening, 27/2/825 AS

"Alright! With all this Alloy delivered, I've finally cracked the system. I can now pump the plasma in freely, and let the Alloy hold it while the magnets propel it out the barrel. Its a pretty efficient system, hell, I was able to up the burn temp by 40%. The amount of Energy these power cells can dish out is incredible. Alright so it does burn through the alloy eventually but I'm sure a merc like Stenn knows how to maintain his equipment. Now, just a few last tweaks...."

Time: Morning, 28/2/825 AS

"*yawns* So turns out, with a bit of fine tuning of the frequency of the pre-heater, combined with the resonance from the ion-inhibitor, I was able to upcycle some of the energy from previous charges into the next, saving energy and actually reducing the time between shots, slightly... Given, it ain't much, but I'm told that every second counts in a fight, so on that's good then. Now, just gotta note these improvements on the plans, and I'll call up Stenn to come collect his guns."

RE: Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log - JorgeRyan - 03-08-2018

Time: Afternoon, 7/3/825 AS
Dev Log: #169a

"Looks like the Alter Union wants in on the Feuerball action too. They've gone and put an order in for /sixteen/ of the things, and promised to make me rich man. That sounds like the kinda deal I can get behind. I'll, uh... probably have to clear some space for this project....

Time: After midnight, 7/3/825 AS

"Well. I don't think the place has been this organized since I threw the base together. Theres no outstanding orders, on-going projects are... mostly cleared away, and with the plans Stenn gave me, and the experience I got building his lot, should make this a breeze. Hell, I could afford an early retirement at this rate, ain't that the dream..."

RE: Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log - JorgeRyan - 03-18-2018

Time: Late Night, 17/3/825 AS
Dev Log: #169b

"It's been slow going on the next batch of Feuerball guns for the Unioners. Smaller projects keep coming up, and are always just so much more...enticing, than the Unioners practically mass-produced order, although... with all the credits they've poured into this, they'll be expecting results, and good ones, no doubt... I better double down it, before they start asking questions and getting impatient."

Time: Midday, 18/3/825 AS

"Huh... that was a strange sight. Went down to the ol' Freeport for some supplies to keep this place running, and there was a full-on battleship, of some sort, that wasn't exactly in the prettiest of conditions- she was screaming electronic signals into the deep, and getting something understandable off the comms was nigh impossible, unortunately for the Liberty Navy Cruiser that was standing by the Freeport. Would've been nice to talk a peek around in that ship though, she looked pretty mysterious, and there's always new tech to salvage on ships like that...."

RE: Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log - JorgeRyan - 05-28-2018

Time: Midday, 27/5/825 AS
Dev Log: #194

"So, I set up shop in Bering, thinkin' it'd be a nice quiet corner of sirius, where I could get away from all the distractions (and yeah, laws too I'll admit), of the houses, without going full-on Zoner and flyin' off to the into edge worlds. But I guess I wasn't the only one who that. First, it was the pirates takin' over the Freeport- Although I didn't actually mind that too much, at first, 'cuz it was more customers for the shop, ya know. Buuut then those "Harmony" fellas moved in, αnd dont let that name fool you, they're a buncha ex-Navy pilots that have gone and set up in the southern half of the system, locking down the Freeport tighter than a Merc-" *Ka-ppssssch* "Gotdammit what in the hell was that!"

Time: Afternoon, 27/5/825 AS

"I don't think this station has long left in it- that was one of the power couplings detaching itself from the wall. One hell of a mess to clean up, lemme tell ya. Right, where was I.. Ah, right after the "Seperatists" were all nice and settled in, the Zoners decided they wanted the Freeport back! Now on to of all the fighting between the Liberty Navy and Unioners/Seperatists, the zoners are threatenin' to get involved! *sighs* Maybe I should just pack up shop- go back to the nomadic scavenger life. Just.... this space shack is a pretty great workshop, I doubt I could take it with me, unless...*thoughful pause* I'll have to sleep on this...

RE: Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log - JorgeRyan - 08-21-2018

Time: Morning, 21/8/825 AS
Dev Log: #145a

"I've, gotten myself a freighter to start the process of packing down all the equipment and storing it somewhere- I'll need to arrange for somewhere to store it till I've got a more suitable ship that I can set it all up in. I'm not sure on an exact model of ship yest, maybe I'll just have a look around and see if there's any good second-hand ones available. I think the Junkers might have some space in Puerto Rico, or maybe planet-side on Houston.

Time: Midday, 21/8/825 AS

"Oh, on my way back from getting the freighter, I took a rest in-front of the sun here in Bering- its a nice spot to relax and do some light work. Ended up talking to some folks that where also hanging around the Freeport, till one of them must have done something wrong and just got blasted by the Separatists defenses. Poor bugger... I need to get out of here tbefore that happens to me too."

RE: Tarnished Tachyon Weapons Dev Log - JorgeRyan - 12-12-2018

Time: Afternoon, 12/12/825 AS
Dev Log: #169a

"Some good news now. Sandra has given the Pilgrim Liner the all clear from its repairs and I'll be heading over in the next few days to start her up and get settled in. I can't say I'll be sad to see this wreck of station gone- who knew maintaining something so small and simple could be so dreary? The micro-meteors are just the worst, although I must say I've gotten some nice ideas on a new ballistic weapon from their impacts into the stations hull, and I've certainly made good business in the system. So, not a total waste I guess. But it's back one road for me after this, for sure.

Time: Midday, 13/8/825 AS

"With the call from Forlorn, I think my first stop will be Liberty- I am right on her doorstep after all. I'll fix up the ships Nick has mothballed on whatever station it was, then see if there's any other work around. Someone always wants a better gun I've found, and if there's one thing I understand, its guns. Now. I better go check that the oxygen-recyclers are working properly- I'm not looking to suffocate in my sleep again..." *his complaints fade as he walks away, the recorder still active for some time before shutting down*