Discovery Gaming Community
Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice (/showthread.php?tid=158151)

Pages: 1 2

Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Lythrilux - 02-16-2018

I was playing DS3 yesterday and right in the middle of fighting Sister Friede my PC stuttered and I heard a device (my Mouse) get disconnected. Fortunately, I'm not a scrub and use a controller, so it didn't get in the way of me still dying.

So I notice my Corsair M65 Pro Mouse has been disconnected. I plug it out and plug it back in again. My computer isn't recognising it, it's not lighting up or acting functionally. I try over and over again but to no avail. I then try plugging it my older, Corsair M65 Sabre Mouse. That doesn't work either. Unless I plug it into the USB 3.0, where it lights up but can't be used otherwise.

I had actually bought the M65 Pro a couple weeks ago because I had been having issues with the M65 Sabre on my PC. Physically, the middle mouse button was a bit busted, but it'd also randomly disconnect and reconnect, and I'd have to unplug it and plug it back into a different USB slot to get it working again.

Anyway, I can't seem to get either of these mice working on my PC at all. I've tried reinstalling/uninstalling Drivers, reinstalling CUE - at one point I had the old mouse working, but after reinstalling the BUS and USB controllers it now doesn't pick up at all - and have had no success.

RE: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Vitoniz30 - 02-16-2018

What about chipset drivers and how works other USB-devices like keyboard, flash drives etc? Do they work fine?

RE: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Apostatas - 02-16-2018

Do you plug it only into 1 2.0 port? Because it sounds like your USB port has a problem. Hardware wise

RE: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Lythrilux - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 02:09 PM)Vitoniz30 Wrote: What about chipset drivers and how works other USB-devices like keyboard, flash drives etc? Do they work fine?

Everything else works fine except Corsair mice.

(02-16-2018, 02:10 PM)Apostatas Wrote: Do you plug it only into 1 2.0 port? Because it sounds like your USB port has a problem. Hardware wise

I've tried all types of USB ports. Doesn't work.

RE: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Vitoniz30 - 02-16-2018

Trivial, but simple and effective advice: try to clean USB-connectors contacts on your mouse

RE: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Nodoka Hanamura - 02-16-2018

He's tried multiple mice and USB ports... Possibly a faulty usb controller? See if a PS/2 mouse works.

(02-16-2018, 02:20 PM)Nodoka Hanamura Wrote: He's tried multiple mice and USB ports... Possibly a faulty usb controller? See if a PS/2 mouse works.

Regrettably, I don't own one.

RE: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Karlotta - 02-16-2018

Call in the warranty and sue the manufacturer for damages to your PC and mental health!

(seriously though, it sounds like it just borked)

Also, did you turn your PC off and on since yesterday?

RE: Computer No Longer Detects Corsair Mice - Epo - 02-16-2018

A friend of mine had some similar problem with GPU. I opened the PC, unplugged GPU, picked some vacuum cleaner (as we hadn't had any compressed air around & were too lazy to go and buy some). Then did massive vacuum cleaning to both GPU and motherboard. (and then ofc some black magic) Boom! It works.

Try cleaning stuff. It may help.

(02-16-2018, 02:15 PM)Vitoniz30 Wrote: Trivial, but simple and effective advice: try to clean USB-connectors contacts on your mouse

(02-16-2018, 02:30 PM)Epo Wrote: A friend of mine had some similar problem with GPU. I opened the PC, unplugged GPU, picked some vacuum cleaner (as we hadn't had any compressed air around & were too lazy to go and buy some). Then did massive vacuum cleaning to both GPU and motherboard. (and then ofc some black magic) Boom! It works.

Try cleaning stuff. It may help.

I strongly doubt it's the ports because as they work just fine with any other device plugged in.

(02-16-2018, 02:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: Call in the warranty and sue the manufacturer for damages to your PC and mental health!

(seriously though, it sounds like it just borked)

Also, did you turn your PC off and on since yesterday?

Yeah, I've turned my PC off and on multiple times since yesterday.