Discovery Gaming Community
MNG Feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: MNG Feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=158156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: MRG Feedback thread - Giorgio - 06-17-2018

Quote:I am simply curious if this quality of interaction is to be expected from the MRG in the future, or if this is a one-off that isn't supposed to happen again.

As I was informed in private the feedback is being ignored on purpose. You guys are making yourself look really bad in front of the community by ignoring valid feedback purposefully. The situation itself doesn't even matter much in the grand scheme of things, and any kind of answer from an HC member would have suffised, but instead the posts are just completely ignored for some reason. In the end it was about your faction members behaving worse than most indies, but apparently that doesn't matter to the people in charge of the MRG.

RE: MRG Feedback thread - Lanakov - 06-17-2018

Giorgi,

Sorry for the late reply. I was away for a while for world-saving purposes.

Now on to the matter at hand. I'll make this short :

One, the trade request thing : it's been sorted out and was completely unintentional. My member in question simply messed something in his hotkeys and apologises for the trouble, as do I.
Two, I stand by Karlotta's statement and would likely have done the same in a fleet battle. If things start heading south for me, I'll rally the big boys. It seems sensible to me, and what she did doesn't strike me as "agreeing to a duel" rather than engaging you head-on. So I'll come by honest with you here : I don't see it as a problem and you're likely to encounter it again in fleet combat. I don't plan on telling my members who engage other snubs in group brawls to NOT retreat to the VALEUR WALL when things go bad for them : it really isn't out of spite or anything, just seems to be standard protocol. I'm sorry this resulted in a bad experience for you.

However, if this constitutes abuse of game mechanics to you, and is enough for you to call my members dumbasses and lolwuts, then I'm not very inclined to tell my people to make efforts when dealing with you again. I'm sure you understand.

If, on the other hand, you said those things out of anger and frustration like I hope you did, I won't take them into account and we can return to the very important business of flying internet spaceships together without drama, to quote one of MRG's wisest members.

Cheers.

EDIT : I just now saw your second post. "For some reason" can be traced back to me being away on actually important duties that keep me from internet spaceships. I'm not entirely pleased by your tone.

RE: MRG Feedback thread - Enkidu - 06-17-2018

Can I have the discord of MRG + the MRG leaders? Got some projects that might be fun for you.

RE: MRG Feedback thread - Lanakov - 06-17-2018

Gladly ! I noticed your post yesterday about an inner Gallia-focused Council faction, I'm very interested in that but didn't get a chance to reply to it. I'll PM you the necessary info and we'll talk !

RE: MRG Feedback thread - Chills - 06-17-2018

(06-17-2018, 07:50 PM)Giorgi Wrote: As I was informed in private the feedback is being ignored on purpose. You guys are making yourself look really bad in front of the community by ignoring valid feedback purposefully. The situation itself doesn't even matter much in the grand scheme of things, and any kind of answer from an HC member would have suffised, but instead the posts are just completely ignored for some reason. In the end it was about your faction members behaving worse than most indies, but apparently that doesn't matter to the people in charge of the MRG.

And as the person you are pointing to here, I will gladly return the favor with a reply from my point of view. And I have a few ideas for things you could improve for a nice reply.

1.) There's no need to ask for a reply on your feedback in a group chat. It can be easily overseen by the many other messages. It will lead to more success if you PM an HC member. In a nice manner.

2.) While we decided to let a certain HC member to awnser to your feedback we could not expect him to be occupied by his work the next time. Such things can happen fast if you're working for the military. Learn pacience. Over the time you can forget then that you wanted to awnser to a feedback. Then again, a PM would be sufficient.

3.) If you want something from someone, don't insult them meanwhile.

It's okay to joke around about nationalities, but you insisted on insulting my nationality because noone answered your feedback. Seems a little too much. If I awnser you after that that noone cares about your onset, it's your fault alone. And despite that we decided to answer your posts.
Here you go in the feedback and say we are ignoring your feedback on purpose, but it was only me who said that only I do not care. You should get this straight before arrogating the whole faction for that.
It makes it almost look like you are intentionally trying to make the faction look bad.

As a little notice, yes it's not nice for the one in advantage if the enemy snubs start hugging their caps to survive - which is a pretty usual thing on this server and is practised by any faction. But you shouldn't claim you were duelling. This is your perspective, ok. Not the one of the other player. If you then get bumped to death by a cap, it is because you decided to follow so close to the cap that you dieng to the old mechanics of this game was completely certain. It's sad that these old game mechanics are working so badly. Most times you survive a few bumps, but in reallity you should die by hitting it once. Who's fault is this then?

PS: Please don't insult me because of your feedback in groupchats anymore. I don't want to quote it all here.

@Lanakov thank you for the reply

(06-17-2018, 08:40 PM)Chills Wrote: As a little notice, yes it's not nice for the one in advantage if the enemy snubs start hugging their caps to survive

I have already mentioned this about 10 times both here and on skype: It wasn't a snub seeking cover from an allied BS. It was a snub hugging two BSs which were fighting, and hugging them as close as possible, while having 30% hp left and knowing they have a snub on their tail. Either way that is way off point now, I was already over this whole ordeal after Lanakov's reply.

Quote:PS: Please don't insult me because of your feedback in groupchats anymore. I don't want to quote it all here.

[Image: FpAr6TE.png]

So you post this low, cheap trolling attempt out of the blue in an unrelated chat and then get offended after getting some very, very straightforward answers, which you were apparently quick to relay to Lanakov so he'd outline them in his reply. All while telling me you are ignoring the feedback on purpose and that I am not important enough for you to care. I am really glad people can see this. It's pretty telling how you only replied in this thread now, after getting offended, while the situation has basically been resolved after Lanakov's reply. And no need to publicly threaten me with the skype thing, you yourself noticed it was in the heat of the moment.

RE: MRG Feedback thread - St.Denis - 06-17-2018

If people want to start getting personal, please take it to another form of communication.

This is an OF Feedback Thread not a 'have a go at individuals' Feedback Thread.

RE: MRG Feedback thread - Karlotta - 06-17-2018

(06-17-2018, 09:32 PM)Giorgi Wrote: I have already mentioned this about 10 times both here and on skype: It wasn't a snub seeking cover from an allied BS. It was a snub hugging two BSs which were fighting, and hugging them as close as possible, while having 30% hp left and knowing they have a snub on their tail.

The fight started 1 MRG vhf (me) and 1 MRG gb against 2 BAF vhfs and 1 Forlorn vhf (you).

I switched targets between the 3 VHFs, trying to keep them from damaging the GB while also staying near the GB so it had something to shoot. I did that to draw fire onto myself and away from the GB, because I'm harder to hit and have less fire power than the GB. It's a basic and widespread fleet fighting techique.

Then a CR Dreadnought joined and shot the MRG GB, and an indy gallic bomber also joined and fought the 2 VHFs, as far as I could tell.

During the time I was shooting you "alone" and the 2 BAF and 1 CR dread were going after the MRG GB and bomber, maybe you still had full regens, but I most certainly didn't, because I had already been seriously pummeled by multiple enemies. (your 1st misrepresentation)

I also never "agreed to a duel" (your 2nd misrepresentation).

[12.06.2018 23:44:16] Forlorn|-Haxton: Come face me alone.
[12.06.2018 23:44:25] MRG|Jaqouille[F]: Ah les gros poltrons! Come at me, cowards!
[12.06.2018 23:44:27] Forlorn|-Haxton: Or is that too hard?

Note how I use the plural, not singular, because while the MRG GB was still alive, I did my best to draw fire onto me.

The reason I turned to you alone (for a while) was because the GB was killed and I no longer had a cap to assist against 3 VHFs and 1 Dread, not because I "agreed to a duel".

As soon as the RNS Valor arrived and the CR dread attacked it, I resumed group fight mode and assisted the Valor against the CR Dread, in order to:

1. Try to get him to shoot at me instead of the valor
2. Shoot CDs at him if needed (it wasnt the dread was winning)
3. Drop every nuke mine I had left onto the dread

I was not hugging the valor but dropping mines on the CR dread. (your 3rd misrepresentation)

And even if I had been hugging the valor it:
-would also have been a widespread group technique
-wouldn't have been a useful move because he was busy getting killed by the dread

I don't have 360° vision capabilities, but from what people said it looks like the Dread rammed and flipped the Valor, and when the Valor flipped, he hit you and you died, shortly before the valor died to the CR Dread aswell.

There is absolutely no way I could have predicted that.

I understand that it must have been frustrating for you when you got instakilled in a fight that you thought you were sure to win.

But please take a look at your own behavior here. It really looks like you're looking for things to complain about out of rage while being rather unreasonable yourself.

RE: MRG Feedback thread - Silver - 06-17-2018

(06-17-2018, 10:22 PM)Karlotta Wrote:
(06-17-2018, 09:32 PM)Giorgi Wrote: I have already mentioned this about 10 times both here and on skype: It wasn't a snub seeking cover from an allied BS. It was a snub hugging two BSs which were fighting, and hugging them as close as possible, while having 30% hp left and knowing they have a snub on their tail.

The fight started 1 MRG vhf (me) and 1 MRG gb against 2 BAF vhfs and 1 Forlorn vhf (you).

I switched targets between the 3 VHFs, trying to keep them from damaging the GB while also staying near the GB so it had something to shoot. I did that to draw fire onto myself and away from the GB, because I'm harder to hit and have less fire power than the GB. It's a basic and widespread fleet fighting techique.

Then a CR Dreadnought joined and shot the MRG GB, and an indy gallic bomber also joined and fought the 2 VHFs, as far as I could tell.

During the time I was shooting you "alone" and the 2 BAF and 1 CR dread were going after the MRG GB and bomber, maybe you still had full regens, but I most certainly didn't, because I had already been seriously pummeled by multiple enemies. (your 1st misrepresentation)

I also never "agreed to a duel" (your 2nd misrepresentation).

[12.06.2018 23:44:16] Forlorn|-Haxton: Come face me alone.
[12.06.2018 23:44:25] MRG|Jaqouille[F]: Ah les gros poltrons! Come at me, cowards!
[12.06.2018 23:44:27] Forlorn|-Haxton: Or is that too hard?

Note how I use the plural, not singular, because while the MRG GB was still alive, I did my best to draw fire onto me.

The reason I turned to you alone (for a while) was because the GB was killed and I no longer had a cap to assist against 3 VHFs and 1 Dread, not because I "agreed to a duel".

As soon as the RNS Valor arrived and the CR dread attacked it, I resumed group fight mode and assisted the Valor against the CR Dread, in order to:

1. Try to get him to shoot at me instead of the valor
2. Shoot CDs at him if needed (it wasnt the dread was winning)
3. Drop every nuke mine I had left onto the dread

I was not hugging the valor but dropping mines on the CR dread. (your 3rd misrepresentation)

And even if I had been hugging the valor it:
-would also have been a widespread group technique
-wouldn't have been a useful move because he was busy getting killed by the dread

I don't have 360° vision capabilities, but from what people said it looks like the Dread rammed and flipped the Valor, and when the Valor flipped, he hit you and you died, shortly before the valor died to the CR Dread aswell.

There is absolutely no way I could have predicted that.

I understand that it must have been frustrating for you when you got instakilled in a fight that you thought you were sure to win.

But please take a look at your own behavior here. It really looks like you're looking for things to complain about out of rage while being rather unreasonable yourself.

Not really, Antonio (bomber) dropped a quick engage notice and engaged us, even when it was actually a solarizer gb + 1 VHF vs 3 VHF's. If you lost regens during the first bit of balanced engagement, since we were focusing on the gb, then it was due to you not paying attention to random nukes and whatnot. Then two minutes later, when I saw the scales were tipped, I asked the CR to clean house on the gb, since between Antonio and you, in a valid tactic, not blaming, loldodged when your shields went down.

Just clearing up the facts. Kudos to Antonio for the awesome pew afterwards, btw.

<3