Discovery Gaming Community
Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? (/showthread.php?tid=158333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Enkidu - 02-21-2018

At this point, 5k corporate IDs have more PVP potential than Xeno ID in Liberty.

They need massive buffs for the sake of competitiveness.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - SnakThree - 02-21-2018

Of course they should.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - sindroms - 02-21-2018

No reason not to grant the line as a trial, as long as the players understand that in the case of a failure, they will end up with a gunboat with a severely damaged reputation.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Spectre - 02-21-2018

Please do.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Shelco - 02-21-2018

I think you wouldn't even "have" to give them gunboats if only their ID was better. Everyone says how great their "Can treat transports as combat targets" line is, when it isn't as good. Only foreign transports can be shot down and most of the transports in Liberty are... well.. libertonian Big Grin And in exchange they can't even pirate for credits, I think if they could pirate money + really destroy any transport, then not giving them gunboats would be balanced in my opinion, if not, then maybe gunboats aren't as bad.

Edit: It might also be useful to allow them to cooperate with libertonian ships, currently their ID doesn't permit any cooperation with lawfuls, that together with the other changes could make the ID good enough.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Sand_Spider - 02-21-2018

If we're being honest here, to add to @Shelco's words, I probably won't roll a Xeno even if they're given Condors, since unless you're willing to fly a transport, you won't make money as a Xeno. That's the other big issue: Xenos make terrible closed economy characters, since they have to struggle to even pay for ammunition on their fighters when they can't beg for a miniscule amount of credits.

I mean, I guess I could roll a Xeno miner and try stealing scrap in Texas, but it's such a common mining area that I'd likely be blown to bits fairly often.

I've always wanted to frequent Shikoku as a Xeno, and the biggest barrier was the lack of being able to ask for money, so I never went there.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Durandal - 02-21-2018

Xenos do need to be allowed to simply pirate foreigners imo. I'm strongly against them hitting domestic targets, but there is no reason not to rob a Samura or Daumann ship instead of blowing them up. It depends entirely upon the faction's/cell's/pilot's needs at the time and is totally subjective.

Gunboats - never had a problem with giving them a pile of Inquisitors, but as I recall the OF at the time wasn't interested.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Lythrilux - 02-21-2018

Xenos need more than Gunboat access to become attractive gameplay-wise.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Omicron - 02-22-2018

Dump some gunboat cache on Ouray and monitor the situation.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Enkidu - 02-22-2018

It would be great if Xenos could explicitly ally with Libertonian corps. With all the RP/other ramifications that would result in.