Discovery Gaming Community
Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? (/showthread.php?tid=158333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Blackvertigo1 - 02-22-2018

I will not permit it on any RP of my characters, you will find quickly with them that they are hated.

Besides, Xenos are needed to balance the reputation charts.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Enkidu - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 06:36 AM)Blackvertigo1 Wrote: I will not permit it on any RP of my characters, you will find quickly with them that they are hated.

Besides, Xenos are needed to balance the reputation charts.

Sure. You don't have to. But the opportunity to in the ID line doesn't require any kind of rep change. I've seen people play highly protectionist Xenos who will try to never shoot a libertonian.

Also nowadays you can just shoot HF till the cows come home.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Blackvertigo1 - 02-22-2018

Xenos are still Terrorists.

(02-22-2018, 06:45 AM)Blackvertigo1 Wrote: Xenos are still Terrorists.

Terrorists don't view themselves as terrorists, they view themselves as freedom fighters. This is not a 2D, Sunday-School philosophy universe with white-hats and black-hats.

I'm not going to debate lore with you.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Thyrzul - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 07:26 AM)Tænì Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 06:45 AM)Blackvertigo1 Wrote: Xenos are still Terrorists.

Terrorists don't view themselves as terrorists, they view themselves as freedom fighters. This is not a 2D, Sunday-School philosophy universe with white-hats and black-hats.

I'm not going to debate lore with you.

Xenos are terrorists rules-wise. They can treat transports as combat targets. There is no relevance of debating lore or viewpoints.

EDIT:

(02-21-2018, 10:56 PM)Durandal Wrote: Xenos do need to be allowed to simply pirate foreigners imo. I'm strongly against them hitting domestic targets, but there is no reason not to rob a Samura or Daumann ship instead of blowing them up. It depends entirely upon the faction's/cell's/pilot's needs at the time and is totally subjective.

If Xenos become pirates, what'll be the difference between them and Rogues? Why would someone chose Xenos over Rogues if not for the terrorist nature and background?

Then we need to find solutions and not just reasons to leave the ID as it is (presently, heavily unplayed).

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Thyrzul - 02-22-2018

There are many factions left heavily unplayed at this point in Disco for various reasons, but I can't name an example where turning a faction more generic, into a variant of an already existing but more appealing one, ever solved anything. At most I can see Xenos slowly ending up the same place where LWB did, if they cease to be terrorists. The Chopping Block™.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Blackvertigo1 - 02-23-2018

Thank you for the clarification Thyrzul, maybe Taeni got stuck in developer mode for too long.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Major. - 02-26-2018

Bump.

Also Xenos shouldn't be allowed to demand credits.
Add the GB line so they can't target transports as combat targets when they are flying alone.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Major. - 02-27-2018

Another bump, is it possible to get that line in the near future?