Discovery Gaming Community
Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? (/showthread.php?tid=158333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Username removed - 02-27-2018

For an official Xeno faction ID, yes, they should be allowed to use GBs.

For indie Xeno ID, no, because lolberty.

Also makes sense inRP that their financial situation only permits a handful of GBs and not a swarm.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Freeroamer - 02-27-2018

+1, I'd agree with only allowing an official faction to use them.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - SnakThree - 02-27-2018

Different shipclass allowance on Official vs. Indie IDs should be abolished.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Durandal - 02-27-2018

Lol, you want to encourage people to fly an ID under the terms of "Only once you've played ~6 months so the admins can make you official." or something? To hell with that.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Lythrilux - 02-27-2018

The exact reason why Xenos are dead is that they're always outnumbered and outgunned by literally every other Liberty faction.

Let them all use Gunboats, regardless if they're officials or indies. I still stand by this not being enough because they'd (logically speaking) need Caps to compete with HF, but it'd be a good start at helping problems with the ID.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Fat_Mendoza - 02-27-2018

Nobody like Xenos, so let them use Gun Boats to fight back + they already got GB turrets

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Evo - 02-28-2018

nah. We had only one SRP'd gunboat for a reason. Could argue it when XA was messing around with corsairs with the additional income it brought but not anymore. Xeno ID has always been underdog "get to shoot everything but it shoots back" type of ID. Unless they changed it since I've been away, it's still one of the most OP IDs in terms of shooting gallery targets. gunboats wouldn't solve the problems with being a xeno in lolberty.

People like to win, and the reality that I learned time and time over is that xenos usually don't win. It's all about blowing up in style while telling that LN captain he looks like a cross-eyed inbred smacked upside the head with a brick.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Charos - 03-01-2018

I am pretty sure the Xeno ID was allowed to use gunboats at some point but the consensus agreed that Xenos should not be using gunboats because it doesn't fit their roleplay and it should be taken off. But that's very old.

I hope that if it gets the line back, we'll be seeing more Inquisitors around.

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - Major. - 03-01-2018

(03-01-2018, 07:03 AM)Charos Wrote: I hope that if it gets the line back, we'll be seeing more CTE-12400 "Condor" Civilian Gunboat around.

Fixed it for you Smile

Also, thanks for the help yesterday Tongue

RE: Should Xenos be allowed to use gunboats? - misterich - 03-12-2018

I did not know that Xenos are not allowed to use GB, but I do not know a reason to play Xenos anyways like at LWB times. I mean they have no ships for their (a point for LWB) own and the Legion is allmost the same with own ships and more glamour. Rheinic unlawful prefer Unioners and Hessians to LWB - and there were just a few resons to play LWB. Since HF is also acceable for everyone I do not know why I should creat a Xenos instead of Legion (wo-)man.
Independent from what I said I know no real (RP) reason why the Xenos would not be able to import at least civilian Gunboats like Condor. If the GC, LWB (once), Hogosha and FA are allowed to use them, the Xenos should be allow too. But that counts for *each* fraction; also Maquis too.