Discovery Gaming Community
Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs (/showthread.php?tid=158361)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Lythrilux - 02-26-2018

So I had an idea. Anyone remember Black.Scorpion? It was a 'defecting' Liberty Carrier that went around with really edgy RP about how he has to kill everyone. So he did just that, without an SRP or Terrorist ID, and went around killing people.

The admins decided that, instead of outright punishing him, they would allow him to continue what he was doing with one rule: his ship would be deleted if it was destroyed (with evidence posted by the player collecting the blue message).

I think an approach like this could work. It allows people to have freedom in exploring 'high-quality RP' with a clearly defined consequence.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Karlotta - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 02:29 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: So I had an idea. Anyone remember Black.Scorpion? It was a 'defecting' Liberty Carrier that went around with really edgy RP about how he has to kill everyone. So he did just that, without an SRP or Terrorist ID, and went around killing people.

The admins decided that, instead of outright punishing him, they would allow him to continue what he was doing with one rule: his ship would be deleted if it was destroyed (with evidence posted by the player collecting the blue message).

I think an approach like this could work. It allows people to have freedom in exploring 'high-quality RP' with a clearly defined consequence.

I think leaving fulfillment of sanctions up to community members who have both enough hatred and the means to do it is a terrible idea.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Lythrilux - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 02:42 PM)Karlotta Wrote: I think leaving fulfillment of sanctions up to community members who have both enough hatred and the means to do it is a terrible idea.

The admins supported his roleplay and gave him RP consequences. He could have easily roleplayed himself out of that situation. He chooses to, literally, stick to his guns. He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

I think they may have done the same with an HMS ship at one point as well (and his ship was never destroyed).

Once again, it's another system we've had in the past with proof that it works.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Karlotta - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 02:47 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: The admins supported his roleplay and gave him RP consequences. He could have easily roleplayed himself out of that situation. He chooses to, literally, stick to his guns. He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

I think they may have done the same with an HMS ship at one point as well (and his ship was never destroyed).

Once again, it's another system we've had in the past with proof that it works.

It works like lynchings work too.

And no, you can't RP yourself out of a situation if the people who want to lynch you don't want it.

If he chose to stick to his guns he probably liked the thrill of people hunting him to to get him deleted. Not everyone is like that.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Banned player t202085 - 02-26-2018

Have capital ships be deleted upon death.
That would make them much more impressive and rare in game (I know this idea is hated by most of the community but it would massively increase their ingamerp worth

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Thyrzul - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 03:26 PM)Silverlight Wrote: Have capital ships be deleted upon death.
That would make them much more impressive and rare in game (I know this idea is hated by most of the community but it would massively increase their ingamerp worth

+1

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Enkidu - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 03:27 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 03:26 PM)Silverlight Wrote: Have capital ships be deleted upon death.

+1

No. How will anybody ever get good in capital ships? Also people would only play trade ships, never deploy their caps out of fear of losing them, etc.

I massively prefer fighters and bombers, for context.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - TheShooter36 - 02-26-2018

A big fat no from me. It would create a cryfest

Maybe Lyth, Silverlight, and Thyrzul should lead by example and delete their caps next time they explode, so the foolish community can understand how positive it is.

Surely positive things like people giving fair fights, boosts in activity and great RP, and more boosts from them trading to build new caps will start happening everywhere.

RE: Lock Capital Ships to Zone of Influence on Independent IDs - Thyrzul - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 03:35 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: A big fat no from me. It would create a cryfest

Even mentioning it does create the cryfest already. That's why I didn't propose the idea. But I couldn't resist +1-ing someone else having the balls to drop that in. Big Grin