Discovery Gaming Community
Change of Hands - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Change of Hands (/showthread.php?tid=158777)

Change of Hands - Nodoka Hanamura - 03-05-2018

Nodoka rested upon her chair in the Administrator's office and looked out into the stars. She noticed nothing much out of the familiar, Zoner SHFs and the occcasional transport passing by. She grasped a glass of water on her desk and drank from it for a moment. Her face was slightly depressed, but after having to deal with the situation in Delta for nearly half a year, she has decided to abdicate from her position as Administrator-designate, as to allow someone who she saw as a suitable successor take the helm.

Honya's voice chimes in from the Intercom. "Hanamura-sensei, Saskia-san is waiting for you in the lobby." Nodoka takes a deep breath, looking around her office. ".. It's time." She then turns back around to her desk, and operates the intercom, speaking into it. "Send her in, Honya."

The plum-haired near-human girl approaches Saskia in the lobby and declares to her. "Administrator Hanamura will see you now. Go down that hallway and make a right and then a left, and her office will be at the end of the hallway." She says, before returning to behind the desk, preparing some paperwork.

RE: Change of Hands - Sombs - 03-05-2018

The blonde nodded and made a move to enter the Freeport 11 administration office. It was the first time she was here, although she had expected it to happen way earlier. In all the chaos the Confederation of Freeport was forced to deal with, Pope Brettonias had completely forgotten about her application to take the job. Something she just accepted, as there was enough good she was able to do as regular on the station. Every now and then she even partook in the defense of the freeport, although at some point she had to face the fact her little civilian nutshell was not a combat ship, and she was not a trained combat pilot. With more luck than skill, she managed to survive so far but eventually decided to not push her luck. Her purse wouldn't allow another repair of the Little Spitfire.

Facing the current administrator, her conspirative thought of how she got the job in first place shot back to her mind as she saw the hilarious amount of wood that formed two big bulges at her chest. But then again, were Pope Brettonias and Ex-Administrator Akibara really that simple? They were men. Probably they were. "You wanted to talk to me, Hanamura?"

RE: Change of Hands - Nodoka Hanamura - 03-06-2018

"Yes." She says, looking out into the distance, the chair, somewhat dramatically and out of a spy movie, like that of a supervillain speaking to the world, even though her intentions are quite pure when it comes for the people of the station. "Tell me.. do you have any credentials, degrees? Preferably in regards to Business administration?" she says, only starting her statement. "You see, I took this position for the sake of helping the people of Freeport 11 and making sure they'd be safe until a... more suitable administrator would come along. I did have ambitious plans, such as expansions upon the Freeport, but as time went on, those plans were dashed by not just logistical and financial difficulties, but after fully realizing that expanding the station would only cause problems like Carthage did... as does anything really, around here."

A small silence follows.

"The situation is that.. it's nearly 6 months and the CoF hasn't really given me any answer in regards to finding a successor.. or hell, anything for that matter, to the point that me and other freeport administrators have been speaking of invoking a vote of no confidence in the joint heads and moving to scuttling or reforming the organization. As such, in regards to a successor, I have taken things into my own hands. That is why I call you here. Of all the people from Freeport 11, you from my experiences with you in battle, defending 11 and otherwise - make the most suitable successor to me. " She turns around, revealing herself in full to Saskia.

"I do ask.. one thing before we go ahead with this. Freeport 11, even though I have plans to depart, will always be my home. As such - I ask of you this: Keep the people of this station, and if you can, 11 itself as a installation - safe. I've done my best with the situation Kyu left behind to try and assure the people of this station would be safe. Whether you think I've done so admirably or terribly is your opinion and I won't think of you harshly if it is the latter, Ms. Alexander."

RE: Change of Hands - Sombs - 03-06-2018

Listening to Nodoka, Saskia remained in place, looking at her while the woman with the excentric appearance explained her situation. Keeping her hands behind her back. "I applied for this position, yes. I have studied politics and I have studied the situation around Freeport 11. It's unthankful, and mistakes have been made, but I do think I can handle it. Otherwise I wouldn't be here." She gave her a confident smile. "Did you notify CoF about it already?"

Nodoka nods. "Yes. I've alerted them already regarding this. Furthermore, I admire that, although it hasn't bore fruit until now - that you took the time to research the situation here. It gives a good feeling that I made the right choice." She says to her, only to continue, pressing a button on the intercom on her desk. A few moments later, Honya arrives, holding papers in her hands, and placing them down on the desk. She then takes position behind Nodoka, acting as a witness. "Feel free to take a seat." Nodoka adds, preparing the paperwork. "The paperwork will come into effect on March 15th, 825 AS. Until then I'll wrap up things and make sure the transition over to you will be as smooth as possible. Alexei, the head of Maintenance will also be leaving, but He's leaving one of his trainees in his stead. He'll be your liaison in regards to if you need help with the station's infrastructure and what not." She turns the paperwork towards Saskia. "The crosses marked I are for initials, the ones without are for your signature."

She smirked at that. "I know the station's crew rather well, I've been here for a while, you know," she clarified, looking at the papers. "Where will you go?" she asked her, leaning forward to blind-trustingly add her initials to papers, adding the signature on the last one.

"My apologies. So many people come and go through this station as of late, kinda hard to tell faces apart." she says, chuckling a little, prior to continuing. "I have plans to tend to business elsewhere in Sirius, but not before taking a vacation. Probably to Curacao or Gran Canaria." She says, before noticing her completion of the paperwork. She takes it from her end and has Honya sign a few areas as witness. "This beautiful lady here needs some relaxation. She's been working with me the whole time." she say nudging her head slightly in Honya's direction, smirking. The girl then finishes signing and takes the papers out of the room. "She'll go store them in the records room. Other than that, I think we're mostly done here.. If anything happens that requires my help - Supplies, defense, or even advice if you'd need it - don't hesitate to have me or any of your successors call me. I'll be here as soon as possible." She finishes, before standing up and placing her hand out to shake Saskia's hand.

"You should give Baden Baden in Stuttgart a chance. It is on par with Curacao and certainly less endangered by the gallic war, and I yet have to hear about Order admirals threatening it with NEMP warheads." There was a tiny smirk on her lips. "Baden Baden has black sand beaches. The only thing you might need to endure are the many rheinlandian visitors that tend to speak in their mother tongue or in horrible accent."

Taking a few steps back, she gave Nodoka a final look. "Well, if that was all, I'll leave and do some preparations. In case we don't see each other anymore, safe skies, Hanamura."

She laughs at the NEMP comment. "Yes, I'm pretty sure Golanski would have a field day getting through the Kriegsmarine." she stops for a second before continuing. "Baden-Baden, eh? I'll give it a shot - as for Black sand beaches.. I've never seen anything like that. As for Rheinlandic, I can speak a little. Been wanting to improve it, however. "

She retracts her hand, and nods. "Likewise. Take care, Saskia." She says, Honya returning to open the door for her.