Discovery Gaming Community
Player Owned Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Player Owned Bases (/showthread.php?tid=159051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Player Owned Bases - Jayce - 04-24-2020

Pay your POB license fees and it won't be stomped, simple as.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Karlotta - 05-31-2020

bump because of recent pob drama

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 05-31-2020

(04-24-2020, 06:35 PM)Jayce Wrote: Pay your POB license fees and it won't be stomped, simple as.

And if there is ZERO RP from the attackers??? No contact what-so-ever? No Opportunity to parley? Dumb stuff RP?

RE: Player Owned Bases - jammi - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 12:25 AM)Sniper Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 06:35 PM)Jayce Wrote: Pay your POB license fees and it won't be stomped, simple as.

And if there is ZERO RP from the attackers??? No contact what-so-ever? No Opportunity to parley? Dumb stuff RP?

No Opportunity to parley =/= Dumb stuff RP.

Sometimes there isn't anything the base owners can do, no demand they can satisfy, to appease the attackers. An opposing military force don't want taxes or compliance, they want to destroy an enemy economic asset to deny its use to the people they're fighting.

This is specifically why the rules don't require RP with the owner for a valid siege, just appropriate RP - that could be in the form of an internal threat assessment / new standing orders / scouting report, etc.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Xenon - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 12:29 AM)jammi Wrote: No Opportunity to parley =/= Dumb stuff RP.

Sometimes there isn't anything the base owners can do, no demand they can satisfy, to appease the attackers. An opposing military force don't want taxes or compliance, they want to destroy an enemy economic asset to deny its use to the people they're fighting.

That if the POB being attacked is an enemy to the attackers but that is not what is happening in most of the cases. In some cases, attackers besiege an installation without even knowing the IFF of the installation or which side does it belongs to... Do you know why? - Because they didn't even contact or do any RP comms with the installation. What happens then in that case Smile

RE: Player Owned Bases - Paddy. - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 01:01 AM)Xenon Wrote:

That if the POB being attacked is an enemy to the attackers but that is not what is happening in most of the cases. In some cases, attackers besiege an installation without even knowing the IFF of the installation or which side does it belongs to... Do you know why? - Because they didn't even contact or do any RP comms with the installation. What happens then in that case Smile

There are rules about PoB's to better the game. An RP server should demand really good RP especially about an established base etc. Games should be played fairly and reasonably and that is not happening. Had Enclave opened up a dialogue to tax/annex Goldgeist or face destruction it might still be there.

(05-31-2020, 12:21 AM)Karlotta Wrote: bump because of recent pob drama

I am assuming then that Eldorado is not going to be destroyed because you paid a tax? I hope it is so for Eldorado has been there a long time.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Karlotta - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 01:12 AM)Paddy. Wrote:

I am assuming then that Eldorado is not going to be destroyed because you paid a tax? I hope it is so for Eldorado has been there a long time.

They havent contacted me and I havent contacted them either because I can already hear the cries of metagaming coming if my char already "knows" that they plan to attack Eldorado.

But I will try to negotiate as soon as I have someone to talk to, at the latest the moment they start sieging, and if they refuse I will fight them tooth and nail.

Personally I still think it would have been better if your Irish Pub pob, Goldgeist, and Clew Bay had accepted to cooperate with me on eldorado instead of building where they are at a higher risk of getting attacked for being too close to the mining field. The offer still stands.

(05-31-2020, 01:21 AM)Karlotta Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:12 AM)Paddy. Wrote:

They havent contacted me and I havent contacted them either because I can already hear the cries of metagaming coming if my char already "knows" that they plan to attack Eldorado.

But I will try to negotiate as soon as i have someone to talk to, at the latest the moment they start sieging, and if they refuse I will fight them tooth and nail.

Personally I think it would have been better if both your irish pub pob, goldgeist, and clew bay had accepted to cooperate with me on eldorado instead of building where they are at a higher risk of getting attacked for being too close to the mining field. The offer still stands.

Not sure about Darkseid667 when Goldgeist was built but I cannot recall ever being approached to cooperate. And I am sorry about that.

I totally understand about the lack of RP from Enclave and the Corsairs. Not fair, not fun, not anything really.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Shiki - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 01:10 AM)Paddy. Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:01 AM)Xenon Wrote:

There are rules about PoB's to better the game. An RP server should demand really good RP especially about an established base etc. Games should be played fairly and reasonably and that is not happening. Had Enclave opened up a dialogue to tax/annex Goldgeist or face destruction it might still be there.

I think most of the enclave RP is about the war effort and pillaging of resources. Enclave, as the new faction is receiving a very solid player RP developing the concept. Both MdG and \*/ are writing a lot when it makes sense to write or when we feel like it. I personally have no problem writing 10 paragraphs of bullshit about sieging or whatever, but then again, I'd most likely not enjoy it. If we were to have more comms, then as per gallic royalist RP I was supposed to be excessively mean, which would just be more excessive in addition to quite stressful to you attack what was already about to happen. But yeah, if you ask me, personally I see those as daily operations.

All bases in Dublin had time, many months to talk to Enclave and ensure their safety, not talking about Goldgeist here though, it had no chance as it had BMM- literally in its name. Bases chose to register under Bretonia and ignore Enclave. Now maybe, people who would wish to build new POB in Dublin will consider RPing with Enclave prior to construction, if POB owners are all about RP that much. Or so they all suddenly claim right now, playing victim card 24/7.