Discovery Gaming Community
Player Owned Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Player Owned Bases (/showthread.php?tid=159051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Player Owned Bases - darkwind - 05-31-2020

Quote:And we are back to the initial point of our journey- Are you sure you want to create your POB ?

It's really an RL projection into the game: You invest your money, your time and efforts, but you cannot be 100% assure that nothing bad would happen.

Yup, as it gives benefits for device building and having equipment and guns swapped on ships like you have your own personal inventory across ships. Quite comfortable.

RE: Player Owned Bases - LaWey - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 09:40 AM)darkwind Wrote: Solving newbie cases when their bases would be crushed should be done not buy harming smuggling affairs, but instead making better information about how good pob defending capabilities.
Was elaborated via PM what "smuggling affairs" means - and stashes allowing extra profit without cooperation with other players - indeed what i want to kill. But I agree that "container"/"depot" needed often, even just to swap equipment. 50-100 mils I think the proper price for this comfort.

(05-31-2020, 09:40 AM)darkwind Wrote: even if the base has
PoB Core Upgrade, + Shield + A lot of other things
Until it's repaired... it's a target for quick destruction in less than half of an hour.
Even if it is repaired even. The base still remains weak against blood-lusting siegers with siege guns.
Basically, no matter what they would install for the base, it would be still destroyed.
So, force player to consider risks/profits before construction. That indeed what I want. A new beginning should fight out its place under the sun, or waste resources.
Just previous design did it by consuming players time, wasting LITERALLY HOURS OF THEIR LIFE. My proposal will waste only their money, which is..pretty easy to farm, and if player doesn't know how or cant bring investments...maybe player don't need this POB at all?

(05-31-2020, 09:40 AM)darkwind Wrote: And price cost... newbies go with CAU8 Battleships around. Not even knowing English language. What are you talking about with deterring newbies by costs? (Istanbul or something like that named)
The only thing that prevents newbies I think it's speaking and writing.

This is all written in POB guide infinity amount of time. Doesnt help. Really.
When your wastes on setting POB distributed in time - you won't so sharp feel THAT IT CAN GO FUCK ITSELF AT ANY MOMENT. When you about spent CAU6 money just to set up core and shield, imo it will cause different feelings.

(05-31-2020, 09:40 AM)darkwind Wrote: Current mechanics just don't allow protected bases, unless you are living in Liberty and in front of Manhattan.
Well, siege and maintenance require additional topic. But imo, its acceptable drawbacks, even for first time to drop out garbo commodities hauling.

RE: Player Owned Bases - SwiftWing - 05-31-2020

One of the Largest Problems is Most players Build bases to not only help themselves but to Provide a Service to others.
And to set up a base alone Can take months of Hauling time Easily for working People that can only put in a couple hours of time a day, Heck that alone can be used up on Base Healing for the most part. Advancing and building up a base even longer. even Multiple People helping still can take a month easy normally more.
Put yourself in a base Builders shoes before you want to just go Destroy a base for the Fun of it.

To help POB's Owners our Old Server ADMIN came up with a Great IDEA to help POB Owners. (BASE INSURANCE) The cost was Per Base level. once the base was destroyed the Base could be Resurrected. But only to the level the Insurance was paid up to.

But on this Server I recommend that a thread would be created for Factions to Write into to claim there rejections for the base to be replaced where it was. this would give the owner a chance to settle this Disagreement, Pay up fines or settle disagreements with factions from that system.

If no Compromise was found the base could be moved to another system, After the Owner contacted Factions from that system and got needed Permissions and paid whatever to place a base. Once the base has been placed or even before, the base Insurance would have to be paid out again.

Base Insurance would be just like in real Life. Car Insurance House Insurance Ship Insurance Life Insurance and so on. This works well in RP as well, once a Person's base has been destroyed there would have to be RP in the Post to the factions that destroyed the base, and or where the base owner wanted to move the base to. a place to work out the Problems before a Base is Replaced in any location. But the Owner of the base would have to contact the Factions of Said Systems that Govern it to request Permissions and anything else.

So base Insurance is a Win Win for everyone. in and out of RP.

Ask Admins of GC, GM ect. to consider this. I know of a few players that left GC once there base was destroyed and they had no time to do anything about it. and didn't even know it was being attacked or Destroyed. so they left with hard feelings and never came back.

Thanks for your time

RE: Player Owned Bases - Mephistoles - 05-31-2020

These threads show up every now and then, usually when someone is being attacked or has been destroyed. I know I've made this exact post before. A lot of the concerns raised here are never done so when the posters' bases are not under attack, or even when someone else's is, they're always borne out of self concern for one's assets and not really for the good of the server.

This is a multiplayer game. In the same way players build player owned bases, other plays can attack and destroy them. This is a risk you accept when you build a base.

Lots of time and effort can be invested into building and developing bases and naturally nobody wants to lose all that effort. This is why there are rules in place to offer some protection to bases, such as limiting what houses can attack and most importantly there being a public thread where declarations must be openly posted, which are subject to a delay in becoming active to provide the base owners with time to prepare. This is our system, and this is how it works.

There has to be a balance between defending and attacking a base and at the moment we have one that works fairly well. To do things like make bases restorable (???) and so that the attackers are pvp dead for three days (???) would not be based in reality and would skew the balance too far one way.

To lose one's base and efforts sucks, yes, but if you build a base then it is fair game. This is the nature of our multiplayer server.

RE: Player Owned Bases - LuckyOne - 05-31-2020

Sure, current "rules" work... except when they don't. Realistically, with the current mechanics there is absolutely nothing outnumbered defenders can do to save a POB against a determined siege group not willing to negotiate. Well there's one thing, one could complain to the GMs... and get ignored / ridiculed.

Think about it, you could pull out the most heroic defense ever, killing all the siegers again and again... but at some point your tiny group of people needs to sleep... and the gank squad never sleeps.

If that's what you call balance... Maybe Iejima and Mekong should be next on the list?

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 05-31-2020

(05-31-2020, 06:38 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [quote="Mephistoles" pid='2166307' dateline='1590946695']
and most importantly there being a public thread where declarations must be openly posted, which are subject to a delay in becoming active to provide the base owners with time to prepare. This is our system, and this is how it works.

IT IS NOT WORKING! Everyone knows that.

(05-31-2020, 06:38 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: There has to be a balance between defending and attacking a base and at the moment we have one that works fairly well.

IT IS NOT WORKING! Ships respawn, PoB's don't.

(05-31-2020, 06:38 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: To do things like make bases restorable (???) and so that the attackers are pvp dead for three days (???) would not be based in reality and would skew the balance too far one way.

IT IS NOT WORKING! If it was based on reality, a Battleship would be destroyed and not respawned. Like a PoB. Would you like to see the gameplay evened up? Ships respawn. PoB's don't.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Mick - 05-31-2020

I dunno, i am mining the Gold field right now, and in the next system about 60 km's flight theres a POB 2 in fact! Currently stocking them now! - I don't understand all the hype! Theres plenty of bases to stock if this one goes

RE: Player Owned Bases - Groshyr - 05-31-2020

Use new london pobs for gold ore storages, what's wrong with having pob in system next to mining zone, not abusing pob next to mining field, avoiding absolutely any piracy

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 05-31-2020

For the record I don't own a PoB. Managed one once, didn't like it. Built a Core 1 once, but got rid of it after a week.

I just see injustice when a PoB is destroyed when it doesn't need to be nor can be justified in destroying the labour of another.

You trade a lot to buy and equip a Battleship. Billions.
You trade a lot to build and equip a PoB. Billions + time

Battleships respawn, PoB's don't

Bring fairness to the game. Make battleships unable to respawn, or make a special siege ship that can't respawn.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Hokan - 06-01-2020

(05-31-2020, 11:58 PM)Sniper Wrote: For the record I don't own a PoB. Managed one once, didn't like it. Built a Core 1 once, but got rid of it after a week.

I just see injustice when a PoB is destroyed when it doesn't need to be nor can be justified in destroying the labour of another.

You trade a lot to buy and equip a Battleship. Billions.
You trade a lot to build and equip a PoB. Billions + time

Battleships respawn, PoB's don't

Bring fairness to the game. Make battleships unable to respawn, or make a special siege ship that can't respawn.

PoBs don't needs to be destroyed, but they also don't need to be built either.

And there are already talks within the Dev team about how to make the PoB system better.