Discovery Gaming Community
Player Owned Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Player Owned Bases (/showthread.php?tid=159051)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:22 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: It does have validity in the game, in fact. What we are doing is permitted by the rules. If base owners do not like the risk of their hard work being destroyed, they should be prepared to defend it, or not build at all.

You have made several threads already, and in each one you refuse to partake in any kind of constructive dialogue, and instead praise opinions that align with your own goals of preserving player bases.

I am on record as stating sieges are part of the game. And should be. Sieging Eldorado I have no problem with. Destroying Eldorado is stupid. No RP of any note I see.

You clearly don't want to open your thinking and understanding that your attacks come with with piss-poor RP and with slant regard to the damage caused to the community. This is the truth of the matter.

Destroying Goldgeist, which has seen a lot of RP, looking at the forums, and the collective benefit to the community on the whole, was stupid for the game.
Enclave have come in with just the bare legal RP and stopped all the RP that was going on.
If you milk a cow, you get years of benefit. You kill the cow, you feast for a moment and then starve. No more RP generated.

Quote:The goal here is to get people to roleplay in the game, not to roleplay on the forums.

So the reason you are destroying the bases is because you think PoB's are bad for the game, and your ideological outlook is the right one. That's what you are saying. I'm right aren't I. You want to destroy every ones fun building, maintaining and enjoying their little place in the game because Big Brother has determined that they should be Rping in the game, not building PoB's.

Heaven help us all.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Shiki - 06-01-2020

(05-31-2020, 02:16 AM)Karlotta Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:36 AM)Shiki Wrote: All bases in Dublin had time, many months to talk to Enclave and ensure their safety, not talking about Goldgeist here though, it had no chance as it had BMM- literally in its name. Bases chose to register under Bretonia and ignore Enclave. Now maybe, people who would wish to build new POB in Dublin will consider RPing with Enclave prior to construction, if POB owners are all about RP that much. Or so they all suddenly claim right now, playing victim card 24/7.

They have never even been contacted by Enclave but "had months to RP with Enclave and deserve to have their year old bases destroyed because they didnt beg for mercy the moment the Enclave came into existence years after their bases had already been built".

Lovely.

Enclave is not the faction that will run after you asking to fill papers. Its practicing different approaches, which I find interesting not to cosplay generic house type of deal. I will repeat that we have been waiting for many months so RP rich POB owners would honor us with comm. Now when attacks are happening they are all quick enough to remember about rp. Yikes.

(06-01-2020, 05:09 AM)Markam Wrote: I just want to see Enclave try to siege Goldern Coin and the RP that arises from that. I do believe it was on their list and is in line with the RP of clearing POBs in Dublin. The RP was fairly lightweight (not judging) but it was RP nonetheless.

Oh hello mister devtonia. If you want to see that, then why would you want to delete enclave? Or I imagine you are too busy lobbying bretonia colonizing more systems. All the hard work. But yeah, you are welcome to make a valor and siege if you want.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Grumblesaur - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:49 AM)Sniper Wrote: So the reason you are destroying the bases is because you think PoB's are bad for the game, and your ideological outlook is the right one. That's what you are saying. I'm right aren't I. You want to destroy every ones fun building, maintaining and enjoying their little place in the game because Big Brother has determined that they should be Rping in the game, not building PoB's.

Heaven help us all.

I siege bases because I like sieging bases. I just also happen to think that POBs are bad for the game. Two things can be true at the same time.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Sniper - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:52 AM)Shiki Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:36 AM)Shiki Wrote: All bases in Dublin had time, many months to talk to Enclave and ensure their safety, not talking about Goldgeist here though, it had no chance as it had BMM- literally in its name. Bases chose to register under Bretonia and ignore Enclave. Now maybe, people who would wish to build new POB in Dublin will consider RPing with Enclave prior to construction, if POB owners are all about RP that much. Or so they all suddenly claim right now, playing victim card 24/7.

They have never even been contacted by Enclave but "had months to RP with Enclave and deserve to have their year old bases destroyed because they didnt beg for mercy the moment the Enclave came into existence years after their bases had already been built".

Lovely.

Enclave is not the faction that will run after you asking to fill papers. Its practicing different approaches, which I find interesting not to cosplay generic house type of deal. I will repeat that we have been waiting for many months so RP rich POB owners would honor us with comm. Now when attacks are happening they are all quick enough to remember about rp. Yikes.

Hi Shiki.

Your comment about having "months" to RP Enclave doesn't have merit. Karlotta's statement does. You are supposed to RP and for any in Enclave to white-wash the lack of RP by putting blame on those who had months to sue for peace is offensive.

Ultimately there is growing resentment, anger and disgust because people's hard work for years, is being destroyed without validity. These bases have been there well before Enclave came into being is being targeted by a people who give lip service to RP and just want the giggles and glory.

This is hurting the community... and you know it.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Darkseid667 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:22 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: ...

No. The goal here is to get people to roleplay in the game, not to roleplay on the forums. Player bases as they exist currently are detrimental to that in all ways except providing an opportunity for sustained bombardment.

No. The goal here is to have an excuse for the destrucitve behaviour of trigger-happy bullies who happen to be good pilots either in snubs and battleships. Don't pretend that this is not the case.

(06-01-2020, 05:22 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: I siege bases because I like sieging bases. I just also happen to think that POBs are bad for the game. Two things can be true at the same time.

PS: Thanks for confirming my point.

PPS: And that confirms the idea that siege-ammunition should be very, very expensive and/or should be ironically craftable in a POB.

RE: Player Owned Bases - SlappyTheRoach - 06-01-2020

Its part of the game, and IT IS JUST A GAME. Honestly I think PoBs sould be removed, Yes I own 1 PoB and maintain 2 others it sucks time wasters. If PoBs were to go poof, no more I would not really care even if I had a good amount of RP on it. regarding the special equipment that they make, you will just have to make them into SRP instead.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Reddy - 06-01-2020

i wonder
will there be normal raids and pvp anymore? is base sieging the only form of activity left now? is this how far disco has fallen

RE: Player Owned Bases - Grumblesaur - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:11 AM)Sniper Wrote: Ultimately there is growing resentment, anger and disgust because people's hard work for years, is being destroyed without validity. These bases have been there well before Enclave came into being is being targeted by a people who give lip service to RP and just want the giggles and glory.

Enclave is just the successor faction to GRN, and GRN predates POBs.

RE: Player Owned Bases - Markam - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 05:52 AM)Shiki Wrote:

Lovely.

(06-01-2020, 05:09 AM)Markam Wrote: I just want to see Enclave try to siege Goldern Coin and the RP that arises from that. I do believe it was on their list and is in line with the RP of clearing POBs in Dublin. The RP was fairly lightweight (not judging) but it was RP nonetheless.

Oh hello mister devtonia. If you want to see that, then why would you want to delete enclave? Or I imagine you are too busy lobbying bretonia colonizing more systems. All the hard work. But yeah, you are welcome to make a valor and siege if you want.

Nah, I just wondered if the Coalition would defend it, or if the Mollys still played the game. It is hard to tell, because I think the pob has wear and tear turned off.

RE: Player Owned Bases - SlappyTheRoach - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 06:11 AM)Sniper Wrote: Hi Shiki.

Your comment about having "months" to RP Enclave doesn't have merit. Karlotta's statement does. You are supposed to RP and for any in Enclave to white-wash the lack of RP by putting blame on those who had months to sue for peace is offensive.

Ultimately there is growing resentment, anger and disgust because people's hard work for years, is being destroyed without validity. These bases have been there well before Enclave came into being is being targeted by a people who give lip service to RP and just want the giggles and glory.

This is hurting the community... and you know it.

Also with this, PoBs are basically oorp, non cannon so what RP you expect for a oorp base? So in discovery freelancer they do not exist. Where NPC bases do. Just move your RP to one of them and then boom no more lost RP. Even if the PoB is dead the RP still live ya know.